Football stuff on the internets

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING NEWS: Coventry City Football Club releases pictures of a proposed new stadium and reveals it will not be in the city. The proposed stadium would be built in phases, to initially accommodate 12,500 and to eventually increase to a capacity of 23,000 seats.

cov.png

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-25460481

I wonder where and is it, East or West of Coventry
Mark Labovitch, a non-executive director at the club, said negotiations were under way about two sites for a new stadium, but said it would be "suicide commercially" to reveal them.

He said: "They're going to be very, very near to Coventry.

"Coventry has a very tight boundary so you can be extremely close to the city, but outside the jurisdiction of Coventry City Council.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS: Coventry City Football Club releases pictures of a proposed new stadium and reveals it will not be in the city. The proposed stadium would be built in phases, to initially accommodate 12,500 and to eventually increase to a capacity of 23,000 seats.

View attachment 11071
Look at the top right and the bottom left. Either those people have stood still for a very long time, or it's just a spooky coincidence.

Look at the top right and the bottom left. Either those people have stood still for a very long time, or it's just a spooky coincidence.

I'll reserve judgement until Macky has verified the pixels.

Another one bites the dusk
Northampton have sacked manager Aidy Boothroyd after Saturday's 4-1 defeat to Wycombe.
The result leaves the club bottom of League Two and the board took the decision to relieve Boothroyd, who took over in November 2011, of his duties.
"The board of directors just felt the time was right for a change," head of media Gareth Willsher told BBC Radio Northampton.
"He was a manager we all respected and is disappointing it has come to this."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25479770

Could be this site is in Exhall

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-citys-new-home-6481660

speculation is growing that a possible new Coventry City stadium could be built just two miles from the Ricoh Arena.

The potential site in Exhall would be just a five-minute drive from the club’s former home.

........the Exhall site - which is in the Nuneaton and Bedworth Council area - follows requests to councils about stadium plan discussions.

Freedom of information requests, issued to nine local authorities by the Telegraph and the Sky Blue Trust, led to only one refusing to deny it had engaged in discussions over a potential new sports stadium in the past two years.

Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council was the only council which refused to answer if it had engaged in discussions about a new stadium within its boundary.

Last edited:
Goole AFC lost 3-0 at home to Coalville Town and captain Karl Colley was sent off at 2-0 early in the second half.

Colley, who truth be told, appears to have anger management issues, went into the stands and attacked a fan, throwing punches, on his way from the pitch.

Goole, managed by David Holdsworth, brother of Dean, and a former Watford, Birmingham, Sheffield United and Bolton player, sacked Colley immediately after the match.

Coalville Town fans having a bit of banter on twitter too.

But the First Youtube comment reads
can't blame him for wanting to do the world a favour.. nothing but common chavs

Last edited by a moderator:
Goole AFC lost 3-0 at home to Coalville Town and captain Karl Colley was sent off at 2-0 early in the second half.

Colley, who truth be told, appears to have anger management issues, went into the stands and attacked a fan, throwing punches, on his way from the pitch.

Goole, managed by David Holdsworth, brother of Dean, and a former Watford, Birmingham, Sheffield United and Bolton player, sacked Colley immediately after the match.

Coalville Town fans having a bit of banter on twitter too.

But the First Youtube comment reads

Worth pointing out it was a Goole fan he attacked (I think)

Last edited by a moderator:
Worth pointing out it was a Goole fan he attacked (I think)
Not quite. He did a small interview in the Guardian, saying 20-25 opposition fans were giving him all sorts of abuse and he lost his rag with one of them, the abuse isn't on the mobile footage. He did admit ( he had no choice really ) that his conduct was inexcusable.

All the reports say it was a Coalville fan. I just watched the video and the accents of the people nearby appear to back this up.

The lad taking the video was a local, one of my mates knows him so I'd definitely expect the intended victim to be a Coalville fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669