Forest 5-1 City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been at the sh*tty ground today and as a season ticket holder I think yep we should grab a play-off place but as for automatic promotion...there's more chance of me winning the lottery tonight (which would be nice and go some way towards cheering me up right now).

A woefully inadequate performance in all areas, including the dugout.

NP's attempts to make a difference made absolutely no diference whatsoever. We lacked flair, we lacked any sort of commitment, we lacked any sort of idea. I fact, I would say from what I heard on the radio, we lacked the ability to play football.

Our inability to score goals has, previously, been covered up by a tight defence. They were both shown up for their weaknesses today and that is a worry. But for a few isolated heroics and some poor finishing, it could have been a whole lot worse. This afternoon, we were poor in all areas and paid the price.

Fortunately, there are only the same amount of points at stake regardless of the opposition or the heavy scoreline. What we need to do now is draw a line under this and move on. Brizzle on Tuesday and a chance to get back to winning ways.

Last edited:
Calm down. jas123 has clearly made a minor typo. He really meant to type that it keeps us a distance from automatic promotion. We're clearly not ready for a better standard of football and he thinks it's of benefit to stay in the division we are in.

I think we will all agree with him on that.

As you put it that way, yeah :)

I genuinely fear for any shite team that will sneak up into the Premiership along with West Brom and Newcastle....It'll be a painful 38 Premiership games :icon_lol:

think there will be very few postitives to draw from this result-which is good as then the entire team will be kept behind after school on monday.

Last edited:
On a lighter note, who'd be a QPR fan? :icon_lol:

Absolutely terrible, never in my life have I been so embarrased and ashamed. 5-1 to anyone is bad but to Forest in a local derby is just awful, to have to sit there and endure 90 minutes of them ripping us shouldn't happen. Defence may as well of not turned up, Browns bad games are incredibly bad, Hobbs got turned so easily all game, Berner was average at best and Neilson should never wear the Leicester shirt again he made Anderson look like Messi. Midfield were pathetic and just weren't up for it. The two subs were pointless, Fryatt needs dropping and Gallagher needs to go up front. I'm so embarrased and I hope the players can't sleep after robbing me of my money today.

Only 4 points better than 12th. Nice :(

Who cares how many points we are ahead of 12th? We can only get down there if we drop points, teams can't catch us up if we continue to pick them up.

We are currently in the top 6, that's all that matters.

I flicked the v-sign at the team coach as it passed me on Narborough Rd when I got off the bus this afto... made me feel a bit better. Now, on to the next game...

Last edited:
wow, that's all you want after a shit day at work... thanks Leicester. When I was told it was 5-1 by a Forest fan at work I thought it was a joke, then I get home and find out - it certainly was a joke!!

I know we've just been pasted 5-1 but I still worry about us more going forward, we aren't creative enough to be a threat in this league.

What a terrible day...

Evening Gentlemen :)

Can understand your frustration at taking a tonking against us, but lets be realistic here.

You only got promoted last year - this is our 2nd year back at this level.

We aint ready to go up yet - even Billy says so. Im not getting carried away with our league position. Still think we will end up outside the playoffs.

Pearsons done a great job for you lot. Survival in your first year back should be the first priority.

Be honest, if you were offered 3rd/4th place at this time of the year - but you would have to suffer a tonking to a rival - at the start of the season, would you have taken it? I bloody would!

Enjoy the rest of the season - nice stable position for you and then build again next year I think is the order of the day.

Like ourselves, no point in getting promoted too soon and being cannon fodder in the Prem....(which most teams are anyway).

Can understand your frustration at taking a tonking against us, but lets be realistic here.

We aint ready to go up yet - even Billy says so. Im not getting carried away with our league position. Still think we will end up outside the playoffs.

Pearsons done a great job for you lot. Survival in your first year back should be the first priority.

Be honest, if you were offered 3rd/4th place at this time of the year - but you would have to suffer a tonking to a rival - at the start of the season, would you have taken it? I bloody would!

Enjoy the rest of the season - nice stable position for you and then build again next year I think is the order of the day.

Like ourselves, no point in getting promoted too soon and being cannon fodder in the Prem....(which most teams are anyway).
Good post, cheers mate.

Yeah, cheers mate and do remind me of your chosen forum for when we return the tonking at the walkers....

I'm saying nothing

:icon_lol:

ill tell yoi next saturday lol, if we win our next 2 games, be in with a shout i think! i think we will win 2-0 tuesday, and 3-0 saturday

Lol! KMFT! Looooooooolz!

I hope the players can't sleep after robbing me of my money today.

:038::038::038:

I'm amazed anyone believes any different. Alas, Leicester fans are fickle. Only last week someone on here suggested Paul Gallagher be put to death for one sub-par performance.

Like this?

A great win today for us,it mattered not one bit to me & many others that it was against the Foxes,for what it is worth i sincerely hope you finish 1 place behind us,good vocal support from the visiting fans as well,understandably a bit quite in the 2nd half.Your attendances like ours are very respectable,at least neither of our clubs gives around 5,000 free tickets away every game to a local car plant & 1yr phone contract subscribers,like that lot up the A52,it amazes me that the national media have not picked up on this:mad:,good luck for the rest of the season,watch out for the 5,000 Tyson flags at the meccano ground,derby next year:icon_wink:icon_wink:icon_wink

I think today emphasised the significant lack of pace in our side and the significant amount of pace in your side. We are over achieving at the moment and pre season I would have taken mid table with both hands. Trouble is, we win a few games and the fickle fans start expecting miracles! By the way - very humble of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669