Simon Royce
Danny Coyne
Lars Hirschfeld
Chris Kirkland
Carl Ikeme
Conrad Logan

Know the feeling.

At least three. Abysmal defender.

Well, serves me right for posting in anger...but seriously, Weale is as bad as most on that list, some of whom weren't that bad (Martin, Henderson, Logan). But pause a moment. How many from that lot were first choice for two seasons? Or two months? Have we EVER had a poorer stopper of shots from outside the area, or a worse 2 year first choice?

I hope Logan or A N Other is our back up next season. Neither Ricardo nor Weale should be anywhere near our squad. Weale has been so crap this year I can barely be bothered criticising the pace-less, guile-less midfield, the rotating displays of raw (very raw) talent at centre back, or the sheer immobility up front.

New goalie, a championship version of Wilshere, and a proper centre forward should see us right for winning this next year.

Provided, of course, we sign Naughton, Mee and Cunningham...

Last edited:
Hang on a minute.

Most of you gormless feckwits were begging for Weale a few weeks back going on about how great he was.

No point being right now is there.

Sven realised that he was the weak link and acted. He got dogs abuse from most of you for it too.

I thought Gallagher and particularly Andy King were anonymous for 90 minutes.

Individually, I thought all of the back four, particulary Ben Mee did well. Oakley was good and for 60 mins I thought Kamara did ok.

It goes without saying that Weale is and always has been completely unable to deal with long-distance shots. That being said, why do we allow the opposition to take so many shots from outside the box. It's crazy the amount of goals we lose both directly and indirecty form efforts from the edge of or outside of the box.

I don't agree that we were the better team - I thought it was too very evenly matched, very mediocre teams out there.

We need major surgery in the summer if we are to compete for automatic promotion. I don't know if there are three players from today's matchday squad who are good enough to play a part in a Championship winning or promotion winning team.

I was hoping beyond hope that Lloyd Dyer would come on at half-time and we would revert to a 4-4-2 with Kamara and Yakubu/vassell up-front and Wellens and Oakley in midfield but that was never going to happen.

As for the Ricardo situation. He is not the long-term answer but how many goals has he been directly responsible for in his time in goal for us. A lot less than Weale has been in the last three games alone.

I agree that I would like to see us sign Naughton, Mee and Cunningham but I seriously disagree that a new goalie, a championship version of Wilshere, and a proper centre forward should see us right for winning this next year.

Last edited:
Sven has made a host of recent mistakes and misjudgements including dropping Vitor who is a very decent player and picking Bruma to keep Chelsea happy.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.... I don't know why Sven keeps picking Bruma, but I really don't believe it's about money or anything else.

Don't see how it can be about keeping Chelsea happy, considering Van Aanholt, also a Chelsea player, was the one dropped from the 16 today... Why would they be happy to see him dropped and not Bruma?

Plus, do you really think Sven would've got to the heights he has in management by being a weak enough person to let other teams dictate our lineup?

And.... regarding money, I'm pretty sure that when Sven said we pay less for each game Bruma plays in, PVA had the same deal in his loan too.... so again, it makes no sense on that basis for PVA to get dropped but not Bruma.

Simple fact is, Sven must rate Bruma... which is a bit concerning in itself.

But I'm fed up of seeing all these posts saying Bruma is getting picked because of money/to please Chelsea, when I'm pretty sure its bollocks.

Individually, I thought all of the back four, particulary Ben Mee did well. Oakley was good and for 60 mins I thought Kamara did ok.

It goes without saying that Weale is and always has been completely unable to deal with long-distance shots. That being said, why do we allow the opposition to take so many shots from outside the box. It's crazy the amount of goals we lose both directly and indirecty form efforts from the edge of or outside of the box.

I don't agree that we were the better team - I thought it was too very evenly matched, very mediocre teams out there.

We need major surgery in the summer if we are to compete for automatic promotion. I don't know if there are three players from today's matchday squad who are good enough to play a part in a Championship winning or promotion winning team.

I was hoping beyond hope that Lloyd Dyer would come on at half-time and we would revert to a 4-4-2 with Kamara and Yakubu/vassell up-front and Wellens and Oakley in midfield but that was never going to happen.

As for the Ricardo situation. He is not the long-term answer but how many goals has he been directly responsible for in his time in goal for us. A lot less than Weale has been in the last three games alone.

I agree that I would like to see us sign Naughton, Mee and Cunningham but I seriously disagree that a new goalie, a championship version of Wilshere, and a proper centre forward should see us right for winning this next year.

Pretty much spot on. Gallagher has somehow started to believe he is some kind of Beckham-esque genuis. He's council Beckham at best. King should be on a beach somewhere recuperating ready to go again in pre season. He's clearly totally knackered.

Logan is no better either. Another keeper who made a gaffe earlier in the season XD He wants to go, I say let him as he is shit and atleast that's one less shit keeper than we have now :icon_lol:

We haven't had a good keeper since Ian Walker IMO...

Also I'm struggling to think why people reckon Bruma played well. He was ****ing abysmal. Far too casual on the ball all the time and not particularly good at anything I can think of.. passing? reading the game? heading? no... having a stupid haircut, I'll give him that.

Vitor was good, Mee did well at LB especially considering his main position is CB. Naughton was ok though I personally thought he looked a little bit suspect defensively at times.

I would add Martin Hodge. He used to flounder around the 6 yards box either losing the ball or getting injured...or both.

Back to the current grim keeper situation - I do hope that Weale has played his last game for this club.

Mark Grew needs to be on the list. Any shot fired in from about 40 yards out was an almost certain goal.

so you wouldn't bother with center backs?

We could put a team together out of contracted Leicester players.

Might not be playing in natural positions but so what - season over now.

Just do what Warnock did at QPR. Sign players to get you out of the Championship ( Kenny, Hill, Derry) and not as we seem to have done since we were relegated from the top tier players who could do a job in the Premiership. Simples!

Lets get Speroni in from Palace for starters. Pratley from Swansea and Burke from Cardiff. Nicky Maynard from Bristol City. Danny Graham from Watford. Also sign Naughton, Mee and Cunningham on a permanent basis.

Some good suggestions there and realistic targets too, depending on who goes up through the play offs this year. Not sure I rate Speroni myself though, think we should be trying to do better.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.... I don't know why Sven keeps picking Bruma, but I really don't believe it's about money or anything else.

Don't see how it can be about keeping Chelsea happy, considering Van Aanholt, also a Chelsea player, was the one dropped from the 16 today... Why would they be happy to see him dropped and not Bruma?

Plus, do you really think Sven would've got to the heights he has in management by being a weak enough person to let other teams dictate our lineup?

And.... regarding money, I'm pretty sure that when Sven said we pay less for each game Bruma plays in, PVA had the same deal in his loan too.... so again, it makes no sense on that basis for PVA to get dropped but not Bruma.

Simple fact is, Sven must rate Bruma... which is a bit concerning in itself.

But I'm fed up of seeing all these posts saying Bruma is getting picked because of money/to please Chelsea, when I'm pretty sure its bollocks.

Sven has to be rated as a quality manager on the basis of his c.v. However, yes I do think that he can demonstrate weakness and is prone to favouritism.

I imagine that Sven had little choice but to drop PVA to-day simply on the basis that he could only name 5 loanees from clubs within the FA's jurisdiction. He could hardly keep omitting Mee; had to play Yak, Kamara and Naughton so it was Bruma or PVA.

Yes I do think that there is an implicit understanding that we got Bruma on the basis that he would be played if fit. I also agree that Sven rates Bruma.

To me its something like this- Sven has approached team selection something like choosing an under 21 international side - thinking that talented young players are going to be on track to the next level on the basis of ability. Unfortunately, I don't think getting out of the Championship is achievable on that basis and I don't think that Sven understood the division.

He is an intelligent man and hopefully he has learned his lesson now. We shall soon see if he has over this summer.

Well, season over. Here's to 4 months of endless speculation and boring friendlies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669