Forum Upgrade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I swop thread or even go onto the next page in a thread my antivirus sends me a message saying that it is only displaying secure content and do I want to show all content. Is this likely to be a temporary thing?

Everytime I swop thread or even go onto the next page in a thread my antivirus sends me a message saying that it is only displaying secure content and do I want to show all content. Is this likely to be a temporary thing?

I have no idea why that is happening. There shouldn't be any secure content.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Wow, big changes Jeffro!

Looks like it's going to have a lot of new features, which is fun. The new look is going to take some getting used to though!

Will we still be able to click a thread and have it automatically take us to the first new reply we've not seen like before? Because mine isn't doing it at the minute.

Wow, big changes Jeffro!

Looks like it's going to have a lot of new features, which is fun. The new look is going to take some getting used to though!

Will we still be able to click a thread and have it automatically take us to the first new reply we've not seen like before? Because mine isn't doing it at the minute.

Going to the first new post in a thread is working on some threads, but not others for me.

Wow, big changes Jeffro!

Click the little button to the left of the thread title and it takes you to the 1st unread post

That's something I changed myself on the previous version, I'll have to get to grips with the new template system before I can do it for this version.

Clicking on the
firstnew.png
to the left of the thread title has the same effect.

It's a bit of a shock. I wasn't expecting the change, I've just got back from far away and have been catching up with what's going on around here, wasn't aware that you were asking for funding assistance until today Jeff. I'm glad it's all gone through.

I've seen the thread about the update in 2005, New Forum Upgrade and noticed that people were saying stuff like 'Takes a bit of getting used to but looks good and a lot more professional'. Same again, I think.

I think I'll have got used to it by 2017.

It's probably on you list Jeff but just in case, is their a chance of a New Post link at the bottom of each page, as their was on the old version?

That's something I changed myself on the previous version, I'll have to get to grips with the new template system before I can do it for this version.

Clicking on the
firstnew.png
to the left of the thread title has the same effect.

Ah cool, nice one :)

I changed it on the old version because of the number of people who didn't know about the
firstnew.png

I've got about 5 years of modifications to redo, I'm not making any promises about how long it's going to take.

Just get on with it FFS

In the quick navigation drop down, can we have the forums on the top and the site areas below it?

Also, is it possible to put the breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page as well as the top?

Liking the new layout.

Just as an aside: I assume the script of the sidebar which had the recent news from the LCFC site and the Mercury site was written by you?

I always found that really helpful as it means I don't have to read the Mercury or check the OS for the latest news as it was generally in the headlines there and the links if I wanted to read more. Is this sidebar coming back? Obviously I understand if it's too much of a pain to rewrite it if you have to or something.

edit: Just read the stuff in the right-hand column will disappear. I am a moron, ignore me!

Last edited:
like it, sorry i didn't chip in...was waiting to see if i needed to...

not much of an excuse, i'll get the beers in next time

:(

Hey? What was that new forum posts thing that just appeared then disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669