Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fowler went off injured after 25 mins...

Robbie Fowler could be a doubt for Cardiff's season opener against Stoke in seven days after limping out of his debut on Saturday with a thigh strain.
The former Liverpool striker looked bright and eager in the 1-0 win over FC Twente but limped off after 25 minutes.

Great foresight by Martin Allen obviously :icon_wink

Great foresight by Martin Allen obviously :icon_wink
Yes, he sure showed Portsmouth while we struggled against the 4th place Dutch League side and UEFA Cup qualifiers. That'll teach us to sign International strikers.:icon_wink

Yes, he sure showed Portsmouth while we struggled against the 4th place Dutch League side and UEFA Cup qualifiers. That'll teach us to sign International strikers.:icon_wink

Wow 4th placed dutch team. That is amazing.:icon_lol:

Cardiff :) Big club wannabees :)

Cardiff :) Big club wannabees :)
Strangely we have similar achievements. Highest league position both runners up. Highest attendance both around the 50k mark. You have three League Cups where we have triangular corner flags. You have a new stadium. We have one well under way. Glasshouses and all that.

Strangely we have similar achievements. Highest league position both runners up. Highest attendance both around the 50k mark. You have three League Cups where we have triangular corner flags. You have a new stadium. We have one well under way. Glasshouses and all that.

You forgot to include your recent time in the Second Division (third tier) and Third Division (fourth tier).......

We do, however, have a vastly superior number of years in the top flight I believe.

Anyway I'm sure this is the most robust and accurate measure to use :icon_wink
http://www.aboutaball.co.uk/html2/rankings/ranking.php

Although, Rhydal, it isn't very fair as it doesn't count all your Welsh Cups :icon_bigg

You forgot to include your recent time in the Second Division (third tier) and Third Division (fourth tier).......
I also neglected to mention promotion chasing last season when you were fighting for your lives but what the hey.:icon_redf

I also neglected to mention promotion chasing last season when you were fighting for your lives but what the hey.:icon_redf

Promotion chasing....a hint of the playoffs.....:icon_redf

We didn't go down.......meaning we still haven't had the honour of playing in a third and fourth tier fixture.

We haven't used a meaningless cup as our method for qualification in Europe.

We haven't gone down to twelve thousands crowds for a few years either.

Last edited:

The fact you mention that as an achievment only highlights your failure

The fact you mention that as an achievment only highlights your failure
I didn't, that was the point. I'm not criticising you guys, just pointing out that we are both wannabees. Wannabe in the Prem, wannabe in Europe etc, etc. I think we are all uptight about respective prospects this season and can't wait for next Saturday to get the ball rolling.
My money's down with Glyn cos I think your new signing and new manager will take time to gel, where we have an established core and manager, and some exciting additions. Time will tell. Good luck to both of us. Would be happy to finish second to you.:icon_wink

I didn't, that was the point. I'm not criticising you guys, just pointing out that we are both wannabees. Wannabe in the Prem, wannabe in Europe etc, etc. I think we are all uptight about respective prospects this season and can't wait for next Saturday to get the ball rolling.
My money's down with Glyn cos I think your new signing and new manager will take time to gel, where we have an established core and manager, and some exciting additions. Time will tell. Good luck to both of us. Would be happy to finish second to you.:icon_wink

I think the probelm of your argument was that you trying to use history as the point for claiming as much right to a place in the Premiership.

Potential wise, both cities and clubs could be Premiership outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4573
6Norwich City4573
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464