Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a prick...... and Michael Owen too. If I was a Nwcastle fan I would have nothing but hate for that man. You're earning tens, if not hundreds of thousands per week and you can't find it in yourself to move from your cozy ****ing home and be near your place of work. I know it's on a different scale but look at Martin Allen talking about he is moving up to Leicester on his own and leaving his family down south - that is commitment. I was always pleased Fowler didn't make it here but now I am ****ing delighted. What a wanker.

Now now, don't hold back. How do you really feel about this?

what a prick...... and Michael Owen too. If I was a Nwcastle fan I would have nothing but hate for that man. You're earning tens, if not hundreds of thousands per week and you can't find it in yourself to move from your cozy ****ing home and be near your place of work. I know it's on a different scale but look at Martin Allen talking about he is moving up to Leicester on his own and leaving his family down south - that is commitment. I was always pleased Fowler didn't make it here but now I am ****ing delighted. What a wanker.

strong words indeed....if they were single with no families then yes id agree but to me theyre only putting their families well-being first and as long as both players are commited to their clubs i dont see what the problem is :102:

To some people, living close to their family and keeping a stability in the home is more important than living close to their office and work mates.

Money can't replace this. I think some of us are guilty of being football fans before we are human beings

Last edited:

Thats harsh man, family over football anyday.

I'm with you on this one, LF. And not to mention his contribution to global warming!

whats that saying again? football isnt a matter of life and death its more inportant than that..
Shankly.

However, most of us with families will know that's bollocks. In fact all those who live outside of Geeksville should know it's bollocks.

Shankly.

However, most of us with families will know that's bollocks. In fact all those who live outside of Geeksville should know it's bollocks.

Fully agree Melts, I make a 250 mile round trip to go to work, it is a well paid job but I choose to make the sacrifice of travelling in my own time and adding 4 hours to my normal working day. This is because I would rather do that than move my family away from an area they love and are settled in. I am no more or less committed to my job than if I worked 20 minutes down the road.

What must come first is your family and their happiness, if anything I admire Fowler and Owen because it would be to the detriment of themselves not the clubs they play for.

Fully agree Melts, I make a 250 mile round trip to go to work, it is a well paid job but I choose to make the sacrifice of travelling in my own time and adding 4 hours to my normal working day. This is because I would rather do that than move my family away from an area they love and are settled in. I am no more or less committed to my job than if I worked 20 minutes down the road.

What must come first is your family and their happiness, if anything I admire Fowler and Owen because it would be to the detriment of themselves not the clubs they play for.

Snap!

Anyone in football knows their jobs are short term, so they would constantly be uprooting their families.

Anyone in football knows their jobs are short term, so they would constantly be uprooting their families.

But if it is feasible to commute and stay where you are then what is the problem?? :102:

But if it is feasible to commute and stay where you are then what is the problem?? :102:

No problem at all. I was just stating that i think it unreasonable to expect players and mangers to move home every 2-3 years.

marcus bent would have a nightmare.

If he knocks in 20 goals this season he can live on the moon for all I care. If he 'swans' (spit) around the pitch and scores with the frequency of Glyn in a cathouse then he's likely to have an appointment with a stinger.

If he knocks in 20 goals this season he can live on the moon for all I care. If he 'swans' (spit) around the pitch and scores with the frequency of Glyn in a cathouse then he's likely to have an appointment with a stinger.

Uncalled for :icon_eek::icon_eek:

So then Rhydal how do you think the Ninian boys are going to do this year. Fancy a friendly fiver on highest league position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566