Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not bothered in the slightest, yesterday we signed a hungry young striker that has worked hard to get where he is. I'd sooner have a player like that than a overweight footballer past his prime who is only lookin for one more pay day. Fowler was washed up when he went to Leeds. He has plenty of businesses outside of football, the hunger disappeared when he first left Liverpool. DJ will score more than him this season.

As much as I'd like to have seen a genuine England legend like Fowler pull on the blue shirt, I think this is for the best to be honest.

Couldnt give a flying ****, DJ will score more goals than this fat tracksuit wearing scouser

Last edited:
Absolutely delighted, he has shown little motivation away from Anfield, his spells at Leeds and Man City proved he had lost the stomach for professional football, and despite showing little signs of the old Fowler when he initially returned to Anfield, last season he looked like an ageing striker who had lost the desire for the game.

IMO I will be amazed if he see's out the entire contract with Cardiff, I can see it ending in tears before 12 months has lasped.

Absolutely delighted, he has shown little motivation away from Anfield, his spells at Leeds and Man City proved he had lost the stomach for professional football, and despite showing little signs of the old Fowler when he initially returned to Anfield, last season he looked like an ageing striker who had lost the desire for the game.

IMO I will be amazed if he see's out the entire contract with Cardiff, I can see it ending in tears before 12 months has lasped.

When you say this, you're obviously not referring to his lack of appetite for scoring goals?

"Fowler joined Leeds for £11m, netting 14 times in 24 league starts, before a switch to Manchester City in January 2003"

When you say this, you're obviously not referring to his lack of appetite for scoring goals?

"Fowler joined Leeds for £11m, netting 14 times in 24 league starts, before a switch to Manchester City in January 2003"

Maybe so, but that was when he was 27/28 which is probably a footballers prime. His record the past few years was poor at best. I think its a bad move for Cardiff, replacing chopra with him is a backwards step IMO. We're better off without him.

Maybe so, but that was when he was 27/28 which is probably a footballers prime. His record the past few years was poor at best. I think its a bad move for Cardiff, replacing chopra with him is a backwards step IMO. We're better off without him.

No, agreed, but the point was that Leeds proved he had lost it, which he clearly had not.

Ironically, the best move City have made this summer is the choice to not sign a player.

Hes agreed to go to Cardiff - check SSN.
Still can't understand our interest in him in the first place, and why people seem keen on Fryatt going? Think he could become a lethal striker with the right team and service, which is what we seem to be building!:038:

Still can't understand our interest in him in the first place, and why people seem keen on Fryatt going? Think he could become a lethal striker with the right team and service, which is what we seem to be building!:038:

He wants to leave, don't see the point in keeping him if he doesn't want to be here

Cant be bothered to go through all the other threads to see if this has already been posted but just watched an interview with Milan on SSN and he says he's hoping for four more players before the start of the season!!

Also said he wasn't to bothered about signing Fowler, they didnt really push for it as MA prefered DJ.

Sorry if this has already been said.

I'd sooner have hume or campbell rather than that useless get! cardiff can pay his wages then realise how useless he is. :)

Might have been good but to be fair he is just a luxury player. We don't need any of those. We have had ageing supposed 'names' in the past and the only one worth their salt was Les Ferdinand (in recent history anyway)...

Not really fussed all in all. I would rather go for hard work and youthful exuberance. We have got a good signing in DJ and I think that out of the two that was the player I personally wanted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670