Fowler to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MDV could score 40 goals and the city 'faithful' would still say he was shite and shouldnt be starting ahead of Fryatt. If i were him id feck off asap, as it is i think MDV is an ok player and looked useful against Hinckley. I personally would keep him to see how he gets on now he has lost weight, but the fans will probably boo every performance till he gets pissed off again.

MDV could score 40 goals and the city 'faithful' would still say he was shite and shouldnt be starting ahead of Fryatt. If i were him id feck off asap, as it is i think MDV is an ok player and looked useful against Hinckley. I personally would keep him to see how he gets on now he has lost weight, but the fans will probably boo every performance till he gets pissed off again.

yup

From BBC:

Dundee United boss Craig Levein is trying to sign Leicester City's Mark de Vries for a third time on a loan deal. (Scottish Sun)

Not sure if it has been posted today.

Last edited:
Well if it hasn't happened then MA must be impressed with MDV's fitness, attitude and performances to date. If MDV is good enough for MA then he will get a big cheer from me any time he takes to the pitch.

do you still love fryatt? what is his scoring ratio?

Yeah I do, and I don't really give a flying fcuk what his scoring ratio is. I have seen them both play and it is clear to see which one is the footballer and which guy was the biggest in his year at school and therefore OK at football at that time. I'm all for letting MDV have a second chance as it does look as if he has put a lot of effort in and trimmed down a lot, but it just grinds my gears that people are willing to let MDV be given a second chance and then say that Fryatt is shit when he is one of the most naturally gifted players to have pulled on the Royal Blue in the past 5 years or so.

Also, can you honestly say that you would rather have MDV in your team ahead of Fryatt if the choice was between them to only? :102: :eek:

Yeah I do, and I don't really give a flying fcuk what his scoring ratio is. I have seen them both play and it is clear to see which one is the footballer and which guy was the biggest in his year at school and therefore OK at football at that time. I'm all for letting MDV have a second chance as it does look as if he has put a lot of effort in and trimmed down a lot, but it just grinds my gears that people are willing to let MDV be given a second chance and then say that Fryatt is shit when he is one of the most naturally gifted players to have pulled on the Royal Blue in the past 5 years or so.

Also, can you honestly say that you would rather have MDV in your team ahead of Fryatt if the choice was between them to only? :102: :eek:
as a manager you do have to worry about whos scoring goals for you.im not a big fan of mdv and i like fryatt as a person but if one starts scoring more than the other i know who would get the start from me.

hopefully with competition and a better looking side these two players will get to show their worth or move on.thats football.

based on stats mdv would get the nod with me over fryatt. This stuff about his ball control is tosh I have seen him hold the ball up very well a number of times. People really need to get over the skin colour thing.

based on stats mdv would get the nod with me over fryatt. This stuff about his ball control is tosh I have seen him hold the ball up very well a number of times. People really need to get over the skin colour thing.

me teapot doesn't like MDV

From BBC

Fowler turns down move to Sydney

Robbie Fowler wants prospective clubs to promise first-team football
Sydney FC have revealed that Robbie Fowler has rejected their audacious bid to take him to Australia's A-League.
Cardiff City are now favourites to land him after the 32-year-old was released by Liverpool at the end of last season.

Sydney chief executive George Perry said: "We're bitterly disappointed but we're satisfied we did everything we could to persuade Robbie to come.

"Robbie was tremendously impressed by what he saw in Sydney but he's chosen to go elsewhere."

Fowler travelled to Sydney for talks and admitted he had been hugely impressed with the set-up.

Leicester have also joined the race to sign Fowler and have been in touch with his representatives.

"We'd be right for someone looking for the right challenge," chairman Milan Mandaric told the Leicester Mercury.

"Our rebuilding is not completed yet. We are still looking for more power up front and Fowler could give us that.

"I have been talking with his representatives and we know there is competition for him but it is not always about money," added Mandaric.

606: DEBATE
If Martin Allen works with him and motivates him he would be very good for us

BrummieFox

Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale was quoted on Liverpool's website as saying: "We have offered an attractive package and are hopeful Robbie will decide to come."

Fowler's adviser George Scott said Cardiff could be an option for Fowler.

He said: "I think Cardiff, if they have the ambition, is the sort of place Robbie would thrive at."

Fowler is likely to be taking a big wage cut if he moves to Cardiff, unless the Bluebirds shattered their wage structure - which is unlikely given the financial constraints caused by building a new stadium at Leckwith.

The alternative would be to put together a huge sponsorship package.

Ridsdale, who said he was surprised to hear that comments attributed to him had appeared on Liverpool's website, told BBC Sport Wales: "There's been a lot of press speculation.

We've got eight offers and Robbie Fowler is considering the lot of them

Fowler's adviser George Scott

"Obviously I know Robbie from his days at Leeds and he's an outstanding finisher and outstanding footballer.

"Were we ever in a position where we could attract him, I think our supporters would realise our talk of ambition is more than just talk.

"If and when we're in a position to announce the arrival of a player of that stature we will do so, but in the meantime I don't like talking about speculation."

Fowler made his Liverpool debut as an 18-year-old in 1993, scoring 171 goals in 330 games before joining Leeds for £11m in 2001 and then Manchester City for £6m in 2003.

Fowler returned for a second spell at Anfield in January 2006, although his starting appearances were limited.

Sorry if this is on page 54 (can't open it for some reason)

Quote from Teamtalk

Robbie Fowler has turned down an offer from Australian side Sydney FC - leaving Cardiff and Leicester in a straight fight for his services.

Fowler rejects Sydney deal

Robbie Fowler has turned down a move to Sydney FC as the striker continues to ponder his future.

The former Liverpool forward travelled to Australia last week to discuss a possible deal with Sydney.
But Fowler has opted against playing in the A-League, with Sydney chief executive George Perry confirming the rejection.
"Naturally, we're bitterly disappointed, but we're satisfied we did everything we could to persuade Robbie to come to Sydney FC, Australia and the A-League competition," said Perry in a statement.
"Robbie was tremendously impressed by what he saw in Sydney, but he's chosen to go elsewhere.
"We respect his decision and wish him and his family well."
Fowler is now likely to stay in English football, with Cardiff City, Leicester City and Port Vale among the clubs to have expressed an interest in the 32-year-old.
His agent George Scott told the Western Mail: "He was incredibly impressed with (Sydney FC) and the city. The only thing against them is that Robbie is a Premiership player and he is used to Premiership money.
"The Premiership is unique in terms of the crazy money it generates and there is nothing in the world that replicates it, not even Spain. That money is well beyond Sydney and the Australian league and we know that. "It is really a battle between money and quality of life and believe me, quality of life counts for a lot of money. All the money in the world is not going to buy your family's happiness."

thought his agents words were quite interesting

Robbie Fowler has turned down a move to Sydney FC as the striker continues to ponder his future.

The former Liverpool forward travelled to Australia last week to discuss a possible deal with Sydney.
But Fowler has opted against playing in the A-League, with Sydney chief executive George Perry confirming the rejection.
"Naturally, we're bitterly disappointed, but we're satisfied we did everything we could to persuade Robbie to come to Sydney FC, Australia and the A-League competition," said Perry in a statement.
"Robbie was tremendously impressed by what he saw in Sydney, but he's chosen to go elsewhere.
Fowler is now likely to stay in English football, with Cardiff City, Leicester City and Port Vale among the clubs to have expressed an interest in the 32-year-old.
His agent George Scott told the Western Mail: "He was incredibly impressed with (Sydney FC) and the city. The only thing against them is that Robbie is a Premiership player and he is used to Premiership money.
"The Premiership is unique in terms of the crazy money it generates and there is nothing in the world that replicates it, not even Spain. That money is well beyond Sydney and the Australian league and we know that. "It is really a battle between money and quality of life and believe me, quality of life counts for a lot of money. All the money in the world is not going to buy your family's happiness."

Exactly, this is one reason why it would be amistake for LCFC to sign Fowler.

Exactly, this is one reason why it would be amistake for LCFC to sign Fowler.

Agreed. If all he is after is one last major pay day and no interest in the football and club i'd rather he goes somewhere else.
On the other hand maybe he would like to sign on low wages and huge bonuses for his success on the pitch, he is an absolute certainty to score a hatful of goals after all. Bolox:098:

Hes agreed to go to Cardiff - check SSN.

Fowler agrees Cardiff deal

Former England international Robbie Fowler has agreed to join Cardiff City.

The experienced striker has accepted a two-year contract with Cardiff and is expected to be presented early next week.

Fowler had a clutch of clubs on his trail after he was released by Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez at the end of last season.

He travelled to Australia last week to discuss a deal with Sydney FC, who confirmed on Friday that he rejected the offer.

Leicester City and Port Vale had also shown an interest, with Foxes chairman Milan Mandaric hoping to tempt Fowler to The Walkers Stadium.

But Cardiff had always appeared to be favourites to sign the 32-year-old ahead of their Championship rivals.

The Welsh club have now confirmed a deal has been agreed for Fowler to pen a two-year contract at Ninian Park.

If that's right then I for one am relieved.
I really can't see Fowler having any loyalty or commitment to where ever he goes next.
His best days are behind him and I can't see him getting up for a new challenge.

If that's right then I for one am relieved.
I really can't see Fowler having any loyalty or commitment to where ever he goes next.
His best days are behind him and I can't see him getting up for a new challenge.
i would have liked fowler to come here.two things will happen now, 1. he will come to the walkers and grab a few goals and prove a lot of doubters wrong and 2. our back 4 will get stuck into him, put him off his game and he gets subbed.
lets hope its the latter:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670