Foxes Trust e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the one hand they have sought to undermine support for the takeover, whilst hinting at alternative strategies....which in reality would probably see the club in league 1 or Administration or both.

I'd have said they've just tried to correct the more witless support for the takeover - those citing £25million and dreaming of getting in Reo-Coker, say. My bet is that, in general, they are fully behind an MM takeover.

And there seems to be a fair bit of evidence for there having been other potential bids - since we know little about what their plans for investment in the playing side would be it seems a little odd to claim they would have led to league one, and pretty fecking bizarre to suggest that they would have led to administration.

They're also just being realistic about what the position is now - if the MM deal breaks down, some cash will be needed quickly.

The Trust vs Mercury battle has become an interesting sub plot in this drawn out football finance tale... Perhaps we could get them to have a good, old fashioned dust up outside the Walkers, Ron Burgundy style.

The Trust vs Mercury battle has become an interesting sub plot in this drawn out football finance tale... Perhaps we could get them to have a good, old fashioned dust up outside the Walkers, Ron Burgundy style.

I'd pay to see that.

I'd have said they've just tried to correct the more witless support for the takeover - those citing £25million and dreaming of getting in Reo-Coker, say. My bet is that, in general, they are fully behind an MM takeover.

And there seems to be a fair bit of evidence for there having been other potential bids - since we know little about what their plans for investment in the playing side would be it seems a little odd to claim they would have led to league one, and pretty fecking bizarre to suggest that they would have led to administration.

They're also just being realistic about what the position is now - if the MM deal breaks down, some cash will be needed quickly.

I think that the majority of supporters are a lot less naive than you give them credit. I doubt very much that many ever understood that there was the potential for straight forward £25m investment.

I think that coming through the mists is a wide appreciation that the current board does not have the resources to sustain a competitive outfit in this division and the implications of continued lack of any real success and indeed a worsening of performances induced by the sale of 'better' players carries with it the clear possibility of reduced receipts, relegation and potential Administration.

I wouldn't know if there are alternative takeover bids in the wings. But I doubt it.... I would guess that the alternatives involve raising additional investments from current stakeholders. Based on the past...this is not going to be a substitute for a full takeover and I doubt if it would produce substantial amounts...nor does it address the issues of weak leadership/ management of the club at all levels which seems to be LCFC's trademark these days.

Your last sentence seems to be a belated acknowledgement that the position is quite serious.

As for the FT.....if they are "fully behind" the MM takeover then they have a funny way of showing it. Come on...you understand what happens with quangos like the FT; a group of people with sufficient time to give effectively take over the organisation and get an understandable kick out of the sense of power it gives them. The sustaining of this power becomes the objective and in my opinion this is more or less the position with the FT.

I think that the majority of supporters are a lot less naive than you give them credit. I doubt very much that many ever understood that there was the potential for straight forward £25m investment.

I think that coming through the mists is a wide appreciation that the current board does not have the resources to sustain a competitive outfit in this division and the implications of continued lack of any real success and indeed a worsening of performances induced by the sale of 'better' players carries with it the clear possibility of reduced receipts, relegation and potential Administration.

I wouldn't know if there are alternative takeover bids in the wings. But I doubt it.... I would guess that the alternatives involve raising additional investments from current stakeholders. Based on the past...this is not going to be a substitute for a full takeover and I doubt if it would produce substantial amounts...nor does it address the issues of weak leadership/ management of the club at all levels which seems to be LCFC's trademark these days.

Your last sentence seems to be a belated acknowledgement that the position is quite serious.

As for the FT.....if they are "fully behind" the MM takeover then they have a funny way of showing it. Come on...you understand what happens with quangos like the FT; a group of people with sufficient time to give effectively take over the organisation and get an understandable kick out of the sense of power it gives them. The sustaining of this power becomes the objective and in my opinion this is more or less the position with the FT.

My son asked me on the way to the last match how much of the £25m I reckoned would be available for players in year one. Another son said something similar on the phone a couple of weeks ago. Not a majority, I agree, but 2 reasonably intelligent well educated supporters whose only source of info is the mockery or other press articles copied from it. And I am regularly met with comments from non-LCFC supporters who have a similar understanding from the general media coverage. Not everyone spends as much time on sites like this as we do.

On the other hand, both of them had seen the comments from Andrew taylor at the time he was appointed and fully appreciated the situation as far as the capacity of the existing set-up is concerned.

I am not totally uncritical of everything the trust does, but I think they have behaved reasonably in all the circumstances. At least they have not, unlike some on here, continually posted as "fact" supposed inside information that has set hares running only to prove well wide of the mark. Mind you, if the Trust really did have "Quango" status, I would be extremely worried - government appointees rather than people I can vote in or out......

Last edited:
My son asked me on the way to the last match how much of the £25m I reckoned would be available for players in year one. Another son said something similar on the phone a couple of weeks ago. Not a majority, I agree, but 2 reasonably intelligent well educated supporters whose only source of info is the mockery or other press articles copied from it. And I am regularly met with comments from non-LCFC supporters who have a similar understanding from the general media coverage. Not everyone spends as much time on sites like this as we do.

On the other hand, both of them had seen the comments from Andrew taylor at the time he was appointed and fully appreciated the situation as far as the capacity of the existing set-up is concerned.

I am not totally uncritical of everything the trust does, but I think they have behaved reasonably in all the circumstances. At least they have not, unlike some on here, continually posted as "fact" supposed inside information that has set hares running only to prove well wide of the mark. Mind you, if the Trust really did have "Quango" status, I would be extremely worried - government appointees rather than people I can vote in or out......

i have spoken to many people who seem to think we we will be spending millions in a couple of weeks. in one conversation with my brother, Ade being our record signing at £5mil was mentioned, his response was 'not for long.' to us this seems ridiculous, but to people who have only seen large sums, and fantastic sounding quotes from the man himself, quoted in the murcury, its a common belief.

MM has hyped up his takeover, and many people are getting carried away.

Only the stupid ones. And I have to say anybody that contributes to this forum, or reads it will know it isn't the case. I don't think anybody on here is expecting a bumper amount of cash to waste on dross.

It's the people without access to forums like this who believe what Jim in the boozer tells them that will be disappointed.

Only the stupid ones. And I have to say anybody that contributes to this forum, or reads it will know it isn't the case. I don't think anybody on here is expecting a bumper amount of cash to waste on dross.

It's the people without access to forums like this who believe what Jim in the boozer tells them that will be disappointed.

He is a lying bastard, that fella

Very true, but the vast majority of fans (which is what Redditch referred to) don't frequent this or other forums to benefit from our collective angst and wisdom! They may not even use the same boozer as Jim (or the same Gym as Boozer)

No I have to disagree there. In all of the interviews I have heard and in all of the quotes that MM has given, I have not (nor would I expect to) seen any mention of amounts of money being made available for a) the takeover, b) the stadium, or c) a transfer kitty. The emergence of the £25 million is (if my memory serves me correctly) a figment of the press' imagination. There will be no war chest and no record signings. MM's track record shows us that. All that the Mercury (amongst others) has done is raise the hype, raise the profile and raise people's expectations. Something that they have no business doing IMO. Don't blame MM for this, blame the press.

No I have to disagree there. In all of the interviews I have heard and in all of the quotes that MM has given, I have not (nor would I expect to) seen any mention of amounts of money being made available for a) the takeover, b) the stadium, or c) a transfer kitty. The emergence of the £25 million is (if my memory serves me correctly) a figment of the press' imagination. There will be no war chest and no record signings. MM's track record shows us that. All that the Mercury (amongst others) has done is raise the hype, raise the profile and raise people's expectations. Something that they have no business doing IMO. Don't blame MM for this, blame the press.

Look, if you want to start bringing reality into this I think you are in the wrong place.:icon_wink

Personally I blame the Royal family and MI5.

Last edited:

But who's PR team have been drip feeding information to the Mercury? A clue for you - it's not LCFC or the FT.;)

But who's PR team have been drip feeding information to the Mercury? A clue for you - it's not LCFC or the FT.;)

Or it might be A Reliable Source. Lots of people on here know him / her (allegedly)

Well whatever drip it was that fed the (mis)information (assuming any was fed), you can bet your last sheckle that it would be blown up out of all proportion by the press.

The press hypes up stories every day I expect this is no different, I think the trust were stupid to take on a newspaper and this kind of comeback was only to be expected.

its still going to be done as has been said as far as i know nothing new has come up to cock it up

RKs recent comments about funds are worrying though. it seems as though we are being prepared for a quiet january. Surely if they were confident of the deal going through, and money being spent they would want to get us excited, since it would put bums on seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669