Free anti virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My AVG covers my emails, or have I got the wrong end of the stick :102:

It does up to a point but I was thinking along the lines of a spam filter. :102:

It does up to a point but I was thinking along the lines of a spam filter. :102:
Mine works fine...

spam.jpg

Where is Chuck T and where is p d s? :102:

Has anyone used comodo as a firewall and was it any good? :102: :icon_wink

I tried it a couple of years ago but I didn't get on well with it, shitty interface.
It is highly regarded though for a freebie and is very secure.

Where is Chuck T and where is p d s? :102:

Don't think PDS has a great internet connection at the mo, he's still alive though, at least I hope he is, we'll be a player short tonight if not.

Don't think PDS has a great internet connection at the mo, he's still alive though, at least I hope he is, we'll be a player short tonight if not.

As long as he is still alive that is ok. :icon_bigg

What has happened to Chuck T though. :102: :icon_conf

I'm confused and looking for more advice, guys. :icon_conf

A friend has rung me and told me their lap top has become totally unusable and they're going to lose it's contents. The tech guys who rang asked straight away before being told any information whatsoever if they used free AVG.

They reckon 90% of problems they encounter are linked to free AVG and that it's causing significant problems and damage to computers it's installed on.

Absolute rubbish, don't believe that mate, they're bound to say that so they can sell you anti-virus software, I've always used the free antivirus software, used AVG free for ages, version 8 is very good, currently trying out Avira antivirus, I have never had a problem on my PC, currently use CCleaner, R Wipe and Clean, Malwarebytes Antimalware, Registry Mechanic as additions to check for problems.

Some of you might be interested to know that Malwarebytes gets rid of the horrendous 'Antivirus XP 2008' virus.

I've fixed numerous laptops and PC's infected with that.

Absolute rubbish, don't believe that mate, they're bound to say that so they can sell you anti-virus software, I've always used the free antivirus software, used AVG free for ages, version 8 is very good, currently trying out Avira antivirus, I have never had a problem on my PC, currently use CCleaner, R Wipe and Clean, Malwarebytes Antimalware, Registry Mechanic as additions to check for problems.

Some of you might be interested to know that Malwarebytes gets rid of the horrendous 'Antivirus XP 2008' virus.

I've fixed numerous laptops and PC's infected with that.

Yeah, I use it myself and home and at work and have had no problems whatsoever. I've found it excellent.

I only raised it because they were doing the job as a freebie for a friend and as such had no explicit financial incentive. I suppose they may have been trying to sow a thought and seeking to influence any future decisions which may have involved buying whatever they were 'recommending'.

Well if you need any help with Software, where to get it etc or if you need to know how to get rid of a virus then give me a shout, I don't mind helping out

Absolute rubbish, don't believe that mate

It's always good to get an answer to a question - even if it is a question that was asked over a year ago - and even if it is the same answer that was given by several people over a year ago.
:icon_roll

It's always good to get an answer to a question - even if it is a question that was asked over a year ago - and even if it is the same answer that was given by several people over a year ago.
:icon_roll

Maybe so Bocadillo, but as this thread is still open why shouldn't anyone add their input, being critical of those that post seems to be very popular on this site, :015:

I did however mention other 'free' software in my post too, all of which has kept my PC free of viruses and has enabled me to fix PC's and wipe viruses completely of friends computers, many of which had simply resigned themselves to buying replacements.

I simply offered some help Bocadillo :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469