Fryatt to Preston - on Mon or Tues !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from a BBC East Anglia journo late last night, that Norwich put a bid in for Fryatt at the end of last week - "matching the PNE deal" - so I assume also £1.5m or thereabouts. City have accepted both and it's up to Fryatt himself to decide, "if he wants to go" - and if so, where. The journalist had heard that Fryatt was keen to leave City at the beginning of last week, but a 'clear the air' meeting with Martin Allen on Friday (when he was assured that he would be a "key player in MA's plans, if he stayed"), has meant he's had second thoughts and now is INCLINED to remain with City.

Good stuff! Will be really disappointed if we let Fryatt leave. I think it's one we could really regret.
It is a gamble keeping him in a way, he didn't perform last season, but I think right now we're finally in a position where we CAN afford to gamble slightly, in that we aren't desperate for money at the moment. And if I was to take a gamble on just 1 of our underperforming players last season, it would definetely be Fryatt!

Good stuff! Will be really disappointed if we let Fryatt leave. I think it's one we could really regret.
It is a gamble keeping him in a way, he didn't perform last season, but I think right now we're finally in a position where we CAN afford to gamble slightly, in that we aren't desperate for money at the moment. And if I was to take a gamble on just 1 of our underperforming players last season, it would definetely be Fryatt!

It's a (big) gamble keeping him, and a gamble selling him

But with the second option we get around 1.5 million quid........

IF he stays, and I don't believe he will, then I think he will be a player who benefits hugely from the reserve team, if he has an injury. The lack of availabilty to get back to match fitness was what cost us as a team last year, and I think Fryatt was the biggest sufferer. A striker cannot regain the neccessary match sharpness just in training and by stealing 10 minutes at the end of each game

It's a (big) gamble keeping him, and a gamble selling him

But with the second option we get around 1.5 million quid........

Which we can then spend on a Benji clone.

Which we can then spend on a Benji clone.

grande7benji_returns_rags_to_riches.jpg

He is in the squad travelling to scotland i may be wrong but do you think he would travel if he was being sold?

He is in the squad travelling to scotland i may be wrong but do you think he would travel if he was being sold?

I would think the flight route goes up that way, they'l just chuck him out with a parachute when they are near :biggrin:

fryatt over mcleod for me

I've just spoken again to my journo colleague in Norwich, who told me he had contacted Leicester at the weekend (he had spoken directly to Tim Davies apparently !) and been told that, "the club were not sure that they would get any better quality for the money (the £1.5 m they would have to 'stump up' for McLeod, would be the same as they'd get for Fryatt) - and, in any case, we're in talks now with another very experienced striker who's likely to come in on a 'free'". When pressed on the 'experienced striker', he said "well, he used to play for Man United" ! [Cole or Yorke ?!]

I think Cole would be a good option to have. Would prefer him to Fowler put it that way.

Andy Cole would be better to have than Fowler IMO, although did he actually score for Brum when he was on loan with them at the end of last season? :102:

EDIT: Also very happy as it seems that we will be hanging on to Matty Fryatt until January at least! :038:

Last edited:
Andy Cole would be good I think. Another Birmingham player from last season ;) I think that's our secret plan.... sign as many players as we can from them last season, hoping that it gets the same result. Let's go get Bendtner on loan!

I don't really want either but if push came to shove I would prefer Yorke out of the two. He can play in midfield and may give us some creative options in attack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670