Fryatt to Preston - on Mon or Tues !

Status
Not open for further replies.
If fryatt is staying and MDV has been given another chance we will have hume,campbell,cort,fryatt,MDV,plus the youth players that seem to be coming through so i am struggling to realise why we need another striker especially an old one!!! :102::102:

If fryatt is staying and MDV has been given another chance we will have hume,campbell,cort,fryatt,MDV,plus the youth players that seem to be coming through so i am struggling to realise why we need another striker especially an old one!!! :102::102:

'cos they're all a bit shite :102:

The positive is that Fryatt is in the squad for Scotland, and therefore I can't see him leaving. Look quite good on Sat. when he came on and I for one would be happy to see him stay. MA seemed positvely happy with him as well. If we bring another experienced striker on a free I see no reason to dispose of Fryatt because as we have already seen with Cort these sort of players pick injuries easily and take a long while to repair. Sappleton a big lad but nowhere near ready for this division yet but he will create mayhem when used as a sub sensibly and players like DJ,Hume & Fryatt will benefit from the results. Cort when fit will play a similar role which will benefit them also. De Vries, I have my reservasions about, didn't see anything to suggest he'll be any better than before although he did look fitter and made a couple of good passes.

The positive is that Fryatt is in the squad for Scotland, and therefore I can't see him leaving. Look quite good on Sat. when he came on and I for one would be happy to see him stay. MA seemed positvely happy with him as well. If we bring another experienced striker on a free I see no reason to dispose of Fryatt because as we have already seen with Cort these sort of players pick injuries easily and take a long while to repair. Sappleton a big lad but nowhere near ready for this division yet but he will create mayhem when used as a sub sensibly and players like DJ,Hume & Fryatt will benefit from the results. Cort when fit will play a similar role which will benefit them also. De Vries, I have my reservasions about, didn't see anything to suggest he'll be any better than before although he did look fitter and made a couple of good passes.

i agree with you bilb :038:

I've just spoken again to my journo colleague in Norwich, who told me he had contacted Leicester at the weekend (he had spoken directly to Tim Davies apparently !) and been told that, "the club were not sure that they would get any better quality for the money (the £1.5 m they would have to 'stump up' for McLeod, would be the same as they'd get for Fryatt) - and, in any case, we're in talks now with another very experienced striker who's likely to come in on a 'free'". When pressed on the 'experienced striker', he said "well, he used to play for Man United" ! [Cole or Yorke ?!]

My BBC Norwich contact is really 'pursuing' this story - his Editor was very keen on getting 'an exclusive' on Fryatt going to the Canaries ! He told me, he has now (this morning) spoken to Fryatt's Agent, who said:-
"Matty was all for leaving Leicester at the end of last week; he felt neglected by Martin Allen and was disappointed that Allen was looking at alternatives, despite having had only one friendly match to judge. On Wednesday, Matty was told he would be in a 'Reserves' team, along with transfer listed, 'unfit' and youth team players. He was also told that 2 clubs had put bids in for him, which Leicester had provisionally accepted and he immediately set up a meeting with Martin Allen, to discuss his future.
After 2 hours of 'frank and open' talks, Matty did feel he had a future with Leicester; Allen told him he felt that Matty was "as good, if not better than any player he had been looking at, was a proven goalscorer at this level and had been very impressed with his attitude in training" - and left the final decision with him. Matty considered his position over the weekend - but, after a long phone call from Allen on Sunday and with confirmation that he would be in the squad to travel to Scotland, finally decided to stay with Leicester. Martin Allen has been told and has communicated that to the 2 clubs interested in him".
Fascinating stuff ?!

My BBC Norwich contact is really 'pursuing' this story - his Editor was very keen on getting 'an exclusive' on Fryatt going to the Canaries ! He told me, he has now (this morning) spoken to Fryatt's Agent, who said:-
"Matty was all for leaving Leicester at the end of last week; he felt neglected by Martin Allen and was disappointed that Allen was looking at alternatives, despite having had only one friendly match to judge. On Wednesday, Matty was told he would be in a 'Reserves' team, along with transfer listed, 'unfit' and youth team players. He was also told that 2 clubs had put bids in for him, which Leicester had provisionally accepted and he immediately set up a meeting with Martin Allen, to discuss his future.
After 2 hours of 'frank and open' talks, Matty did feel he had a future with Leicester; Allen told him he felt that Matty was "as good, if not better than any player he had been looking at, was a proven goalscorer at this level and had been very impressed with his attitude in training" - and left the final decision with him. Matty considered his position over the weekend - but, after a long phone call from Allen on Sunday and with confirmation that he would be in the squad to travel to Scotland, finally decided to stay with Leicester. Martin Allen has been told and has communicated that to the 2 clubs interested in him".
Fascinating stuff ?!

Definetely, and I'm glad to hear MA rates Fryatt. Really hope he does stay and that this is now the end of it.

A rotating front line of Hume, DJ and Fryatt could be really good I think. I think if we sign another striker it will be more at the expense of Carl Cort rather than the others. There's no problem with having 4 good strikers in this league. We have to play a lot of games anyway, so rotation is necessary anyway.

Last edited:
thats good news if he does stay but if we are looking at another striker surely thatll piss him off if he has to force his way past another striker :102:

So he is pursuing it as an exclusive even though his information says Fryatt, has 'finally decided to stay with Leicester'. :102: :icon_lol:

Fascinating stuff ?!
fantastic news:038:

Fascinating stuff ?!

If true then I don't blame Fryatt for wanting out if he had been told he wasn't going to get first team football, but I am also glad he is staying (if true).

Not doubting you Out... just sceptical of any good news :icon_wink

So he is pursuing it as an exclusive even though his information says Fryatt, has 'finally decided to stay with Leicester'. :102: :icon_lol:

No, the Editor wanted to pursue it as a possible 'exclusive' for a Norwich signing, BEFORE finding out that Fryatt was staying !!

Last edited:
No, the Editor wanted to pursue it as a possible 'exclusive' for a Norwich signing, BEFORE finding out that Fryatt was staying !!

Oh, suffice to say now, BBC East Anglia (Radio or TV) will NOT be reporting this story - it's 'non-news' as far as Norwich goes ! But I wouldn't be surprised if it's 'picked up' by BBC East Midlands in some form ('wheels within wheels' !).

Oh, suffice to say now, BBC East Anglia (Radio or TV) will NOT be reporting this story - it's 'non-news' as far as Norwich goes ! But I wouldn't be surprised if it's 'picked up' by BBC East Midlands in some form ('wheels within wheels' !).

Hardly headline news, is it ?

And it doesn't involve Nottingham in any way, so it won't make it past the first production meeting

takes me back to central sports days of Saint and Greavesie, they loved forest didnt they?

I've just spoken again to my journo colleague in Norwich, who told me he had contacted Leicester at the weekend (he had spoken directly to Tim Davies apparently !) and been told that, "the club were not sure that they would get any better quality for the money (the £1.5 m they would have to 'stump up' for McLeod, would be the same as they'd get for Fryatt) - and, in any case, we're in talks now with another very experienced striker who's likely to come in on a 'free'". When pressed on the 'experienced striker', he said "well, he used to play for Man United" ! [Cole or Yorke ?!]

I'm doing a piece on McLeod for Wednesday's MK News and have just contacted Pete Winkelman to get his views on interest in the striker - and any other 'bits' he might like to talk about.
About McLeod, he said that Leicester WERE interested - but ONLY AT THE £800/900k price originally quoted by the Dons (in early June). He said more clubs contacted him - and so the price "went up" ! Leicester "backed off" when it went over £1.2m ! He had heard that Leicester were hoping to get a good price on the sale of a striker (Fryatt ?) - and get McLeod "in on the cheap" ! Reading betwen the lines, it sounds like City hoped to be £500k up on the sale of Fryatt and the purchase of McLeod - when one price 'matched' the other, they 'pulled out'.
PS The Dons still hope to sell McLeod for £1.5m to an "un-named Championship club" (Charlton ?) before August.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670