Fryatt to Preston - on Mon or Tues !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listened to Martin Allen's latest interview on LCFC World. He doesn't sound to me like he is looking to get rid of Fryatt. On Fryatt and Hume he said he was 'looking forward to working with them more' and that they are both 'good players'.

Hmmmm.

Last edited:
Exactly Jeff, at no time has Fryatt made any real significant commitment to the club, the very fact that he is prepared to drop to a club like PNE rather than stay and fight for his place shows the character or lack of it.

I have no doubt that he is the most instinctive and naturally gifted finisher at the club however he was IMO one of the classic examples of why we were in the in the position we were in last season. A naturally gifted footballer with very little in the way of passion, commitment or character.

Exactly Jeff, at no time has Fryatt made any real significant commitment to the club, the very fact that he is prepared to drop to a club like PNE rather than stay and fight for his place shows the character or lack of it.

Show me some evidence. As I said above it doesn't look to me like MA is looking to get rid.

I wouldn't want to go to work with RK and whoever the manager of Preston North End is. They look collectively as exciting as a stamp collection. Hardly inspirational stuff.

If I were an LCFC player at the moment I would be excited about being part of what is happening. I know a ball hasn't yet been kicked in anger but MA seems like a breath of fresh air in terms of motivational character.

Loving it.

Last edited:

I have no doubt that he is the most instinctive and naturally gifted finisher at the club however he was IMO one of the classic examples of why we were in the in the position we were in last season. A naturally gifted footballer with very little in the way of passion, commitment or character.

Exactly. I've had people who've worked for me with his kind of character and lack of commitment. They are soon told, 'improve or you are out'. I'd speculate he's on a minimum of £5k per week at LCFC & a max of £8k. What I'm certain of is that he isn't worth a penny. His next move after Preston is a free transfer.

Last edited:
read somewhere that PNE have had a £1.4m bid accepted for darius henderson. maybe theyve givwen up on fryatt??? hope so...

No commitment? How about playing through the pain for the majority of last season to try and help the club avoid relegation.

You can argue that he shouldn't have been picked but as you say his is the best finisher at the club and both RK wanted him to play and he felt he should be playing to help his club and his team mates.

I know for a fact that Fryatt is not this lazy barry big bollocks some of you have him down as and personally although I rate him, he has a lot to prove, but one thing I don't personally believe you can level at him is a lack of commitment or caring.

As I keep saying, his poor form, lack of fitness was down to his injury/s that started in pre-season 12 months ago, which didn't get solved til March/April this year.

No where has he said is happy to 'drop' to PNE, happy to leave the club, wants to leave the club or is even thinking about leaving the club.

To answer Jeff's earlier post, if the club accept an offer and MM/MA tell him that the club wants him to go, that he's not going to have a future at LCFC, whats he supposed to do, just risk another season of inactivity to prove a point to fans that seem to think he doesn't give a crap anyway?!

Last edited:
Just listened to Martin Allen's latest interview on LCFC World. He doesn't sound to me like he is looking to get rid of Fryatt. On Fryatt and Hume he said he was 'looking forward to working with them more' and that they are both 'good players'.

Hmmmm.

Good news IMO. 4 strikers of the quality of Hume, Fryatt, Cort and Campbell gives us the best chance of going up.

To answer Jeff's earlier post, if the club accept an offer and MM/MA tell him that the club wants him to go, that he's not going to have a future at LCFC, whats he supposed to do, just risk another season of inactivity to prove a point to fans that seem to think he doesn't give a crap anyway?!

The point is he didn't have to make the comment saying "I'm here until the club says otherwise", that indicates he's willing to leave. If he'd said "I've got two years on my contract and I want to see it out" it would have been more convincing. It sounds like he worded it knowing the club was trying to sell him. I'm not saying I want him to go, just that his choice of words suggests he'll go if he gets the chance.

i havent read the thread but the only reason i dont want Fryatt to leave City is because he is still young and i believe he still has alot of potential. if he goes PNE i see him scoring almost 20 goals for them, gaining top 6 with them and being valued at £2million + by the end of the season with prem clubs sniffing.

this is all something he can achieve with us.

i've no idea where you people get the idea he doesnt care for city and his heart isnt in it.

he looked bothered yesterday when he warmed up, lads at the back of C1 sang his song and he applauded them.

Fryatt has to leave this club, he does not want to be here, that is clear to see, however I think Matty will be in for a massive reality check once he does sign for PNE.

Facilities and stadium nowhere near the quality we have, average crowds of 13 to 14k and that is when they are chasing a play off place. Matty will then realise just what opportunity he wasted when at Leicester and then lets see how motivated he is then.

This move to Preston will be just reward for his wonderful efforts over the past 12 months or so.

yeah seems fairly evident, he couldnt score to save his life against poor championship teams but manages to score against premiership fulham I wonder why that might be? motivation of course.

yeah seems fairly evident, he couldnt score to save his life against poor championship teams but manages to score against premiership fulham I wonder why that might be? motivation of course.

Not just his though, the whole team were more motivated for those games. So the chances are Fryatt got better service too.

Last edited:
Word from colleagues in Lancashire is that the Fryatt deal is all set up. Preston have agreed a fee of £1.4m (plus a few 'add-ons') and Matty has had preliminary talks about the contract. He's already to go -and quite keen by all accounts. Simpson has 'pencilled in' a Press Conference on Monday or Tuesday.
As for McLeod, City are still in the picture - he is more keen to come to Leicester than Charlton, but Mandaric still hasn't matched Charlton's £1.5m. The Dons' Chairman told his Admin people that Leicester were waiting on "another striker deal coming off" - one coming IN apparently.

Wonder who that could be?

Or maybe we are just guessing at all of this and none of us know whether he has an attitude problem, whether he is leaving or whether Fryatt is happy to fight for his place.

Just a Thought....

Give us a break! Have you ever watched him?

The point is he didn't have to make the comment saying "I'm here until the club says otherwise", that indicates he's willing to leave. If he'd said "I've got two years on my contract and I want to see it out" it would have been more convincing. It sounds like he worded it knowing the club was trying to sell him. I'm not saying I want him to go, just that his choice of words suggests he'll go if he gets the chance.

Could be he wants to stay, but he thinks the club doesn't want to keep him?

Fryatt has to leave this club, he does not want to be here, that is clear to see, however I think Matty will be in for a massive reality check once he does sign for PNE.

Facilities and stadium nowhere near the quality we have, average crowds of 13 to 14k and that is when they are chasing a play off place. Matty will then realise just what opportunity he wasted when at Leicester and then lets see how motivated he is then.

This move to Preston will be just reward for his wonderful efforts over the past 12 months or so.

I heard from a BBC East Anglia journo late last night, that Norwich put a bid in for Fryatt at the end of last week - "matching the PNE deal" - so I assume also £1.5m or thereabouts. City have accepted both and it's up to Fryatt himself to decide, "if he wants to go" - and if so, where. The journalist had heard that Fryatt was keen to leave City at the beginning of last week, but a 'clear the air' meeting with Martin Allen on Friday (when he was assured that he would be a "key player in MA's plans, if he stayed"), has meant he's had second thoughts and now is INCLINED to remain with City.

I heard from a BBC East Anglia journo late last night, that Norwich put a bid in for Fryatt at the end of last week - "matching the PNE deal" - so I assume also £1.5m or thereabouts. City have accepted both and it's up to Fryatt himself to decide, "if he wants to go" - and if so, where. The journalist had heard that Fryatt was keen to leave City at the beginning of last week, but a 'clear the air' meeting with Martin Allen on Friday (when he was assured that he would be a "key player in MA's plans, if he stayed"), has meant he's had second thoughts and now is INCLINED to remain with City.

Good info, cheers. Explains his sudden reinclusion in to the first team squad on sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669