Fuel strikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 200 mile journey home tomorrow and I don't have enough petrol. I keep passing places that have sold out or have hiked up their prices to a level I refuse to pay. I'm hoping things will have calmed down a bit tomorrow and I'll be able to get home.
Well round here they are running out left right and centre. My wife found 3 sold out tonight locally. Thats in addition to those we saw on the way into Sheffield and return from the Dental Hospital that had no petrol available or had cones over the entrance.

I have to go into Kettering to do a Tesco shop tomorrow - I will be cycling with my bike trailer. Fortunately it is wide enough to prevent cars overtaking easily which will help people conserve fuel by driving stupidly slowly. :077:

The Darwin Awards nearly claim another nominee...

Petrol....with the oven on

she might as well have had a fag on

A woman nearly toasts herself through her own stupidity, and people call for FM to be sacked, because of what he said.
Way to go, does no-one take responsibilty for their own feckin actions anymore.
Always somebody else to blame.

Breathing's too good for some! (and breeding)

A woman nearly toasts herself through her own stupidity, and people call for FM to be sacked, because of what he said.

Yeah but Mancyst Fraud is an absolute **** and shouldn't have a job anywhere near real people, he was my MP for a while and I have firsthand experience.

Yeah but Mancyst Fraud is an absolute **** and shouldn't have a job anywhere near real people, he was my MP for a while and I have firsthand experience.

Ture, the blame over him creating the fuss is justified in my opinion. To blame him for this woman being an idiot isn't.

I'm not being a ****, but this post doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me. Can you be a bit clearer HTB or can somebody translate?

I'm not being a ****, but this post doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me. Can you be a bit clearer HTB or can somebody translate?

I believe he is saying that everyone, like this woman, should take responsibility for their own actions...err, unless you are Francis Maude or the rest of the grand cabinet of ****ups.

Thing is, after the last fortnight, even Tories are wondering what the **** is going on as gaffs and lies fall upon lies and gaffs. It's no wonder none of us understand anything any longer.

Yes, she was stupid, but I doubt very much she would have been decanting petrol without Francis Maude's wise words of advice.

The whole episode has been a complete shambles; all this from a government headed up by an ex-PR executive.

Now the govt have told us not to panic how long will it be before some on here are saying "they don't want us to buy petrol so that their rich friends can fill up their cars first?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669