Fuel strikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garden rage broken out between two of my chickens, around five minutes ago, as the supply of sweetcorn and leftover lasagne started to run low.

It's going to be a summer of hate.

Drove in to my local tesco petrol station this morning, was in and out within 5 minutes, no queues and she said they'd just had a delivery overnight.

I hope I'm going to be OK getting home tonight. Ten minute walk to the pub, then five minutes to home sweet home. I hate commuting.:icon_bigg

My mum now has a water tank full of diesel, and three large mugs full of unleaded

And she doesn't even drive

Perfectly sensible course of action, if you ask me - there are complete nutters up and down the country barging their way onto forecourts, and trailing traffic queues onto the roads

So yes, they are actually helping the situation by preventing the thick ignorant public from doing themselves harm

The police don't even have the authority to close a forecourt, or any other business, they've just suggested it might be a good idea

32m extra revenue for the tax man according to the AA

32m extra revenue for the tax man according to the AA

And when there is no petrol left to sell the tax man will not make anything. It's all swings and roundabouts. The overall consumption of petrol or diesel isn't likely to increase over time.

Last edited:
And when there is no petrol left to sell the tax man will not make anything. It's all swings and roundabouts. The overall consumption of petrol or diesel isn't likely to increase over time.

Yes it is. You use far more fuel driving to find a petrol station that still has supplies and then leaving your engine idling for ages whilst at the back of a long queue!

How many times have we actually ran out of fuel before? I'm only 26 but pretty sure it's never happened in my lifetime.

Doubt it will happen, typical government scaremongering/trying to cover a cash shortfall at the end of the month/year, and even if it does my old tin box tractor will run on pretty much anything that burns apart from unleaded so plenty of options!

Last edited:
Yes it is. You use far more fuel driving to find a petrol station that still has supplies and then leaving your engine idling for ages whilst at the back of a long queue!

Also, the extra weight of a full tank also consumes more juice than if you just top up regularly and drive around with a 1/4 tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669