Fuel strikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he is saying that everyone, like this woman, should take responsibility for their own actions...err, unless you are Francis Maude or the rest of the grand cabinet of ****ups.

Thing is, after the last fortnight, even Tories are wondering what the **** is going on as gaffs and lies fall upon lies and gaffs. It's no wonder none of us understand anything any longer.

From the Charles Moore article:

"But now that I have heard the Conservatives’ private explanation, which is being handed down to constituency associations by MPs, I begin to feel angry.

The private message is as follows. “This is our Thatcher moment. In order to defeat the coming miners’ strike, she stockpiled coal. When the strike came, she weathered it, and the Labour Party, tarred by the strike, was humiliated. In order to defeat the coming fuel drivers’ strike, we want supplies of petrol stockpiled. Then, if the strike comes, we will weather it, and Labour, in hock to the Unite union, will be blamed.” "

I truly hope they come to regret this.

Now the govt have told us not to panic how long will it be before some on here are saying "they don't want us to buy petrol so that their rich friends can fill up their cars first?"

What does it take, give me the scenario, where you will finally stop blindly following your little party and actually criticise it for a mistake it has made?

We have sat through two weeks of gaffs where senior Tories have stood up and spoken out; two weeks where the Tory media has been outspoken in its condemnation - and yet you still trot out glib comments and refuse to accept they are making mistakes.

What is it that you think you are gaining from this? What is it that drives you to stick your fingers in your ears and hum loudly?

What does it take, give me the scenario, where you will finally stop blindly following your little party and actually criticise it for a mistake it has made?

We have sat through two weeks of gaffs where senior Tories have stood up and spoken out; two weeks where the Tory media has been outspoken in its condemnation - and yet you still trot out glib comments and refuse to accept they are making mistakes.

What is it that you think you are gaining from this? What is it that drives you to stick your fingers in your ears and hum loudly?

I don't deny that the petrol advice thing wasn't handled very well, or at least doesn't appear so. Whether there was some Machiavellian plot as some have suggested I don't know.

It's more the damned if they do and damned if they don't scenario that I get bored with, it's why I don't bother arguing any more.

Whether there was some Machiavellian plot as some have suggested I don't know.

Well, to repeat my earlier post, this looks pretty shabby:

From the Charles Moore article:

"But now that I have heard the Conservatives’ private explanation, which is being handed down to constituency associations by MPs, I begin to feel angry.

The private message is as follows. “This is our Thatcher moment. In order to defeat the coming miners’ strike, she stockpiled coal. When the strike came, she weathered it, and the Labour Party, tarred by the strike, was humiliated. In order to defeat the coming fuel drivers’ strike, we want supplies of petrol stockpiled. Then, if the strike comes, we will weather it, and Labour, in hock to the Unite union, will be blamed.” "

And 2005, though on a somewhat smaller scale.

Interestingly, both of these were the result of fuel price protests by farmers and truckers, though the BBC News recently chose to illustrate them with pictures of Unite picket lines (Unite did not even exist at the time!)

Last edited:
"When I saw the moped on fire in the middle of the room I thought to myself 'now that is strange'."

:icon_lol:

In situations like this there are always so many unanswered questions like where was he planning to go and what route was he was going to take?

:icon_bigg

Asda reducing the price of fuel again from tomorrow.

Petrol 134.7
Diesel 139.7

Last edited:
What on Earth is everyone going to do with the petrol they all panic bought weeks ago seeing as no strike has happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669