Funny twats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Newts didn't like all the piss take on his spelling but just accepted it, maybe he really does have a problem with spelling and not just fat fingers on a keyboard.
Maybe changing his name was the straw that broke the camels back.
Maybe Newts had had a shitty time of things lately and something to us that might appear harmless fun had a far reaching effect.

It appears eggshells are required around here at the moment.
:102:

That's a lot of maybes, thought he'd gone to Aberdeen:tumbleweed:

Maybe Newts didn't like all the piss take on his spelling but just accepted it, maybe he really does have a problem with spelling and not just fat fingers on a keyboard.
Maybe changing his name was the straw that broke the camels back.
Maybe Newts had had a shitty time of things lately and something to us that might appear harmless fun had a far reaching effect.

There's an old saying that a friends Grandfather always used to use:
"Don't ever think you know anybody."

A lesson for life there :icon_wink

The question is: did anyone give him an infraction? :icon_wink

I think he just got pissed off with the constant pisstaking of his spelling.A joke can be taken too far,I occasionally get pissed off with the constant gay reference so I've toned down doing it to others(unfortunate use of words there I know)I think Newts is alright and takes alot of stick along with a few others on here.People get pissed off about lots of things if they are taken too far,their grammar,constantly being referred to as gay etc,pictures which show them in a bad light..lots of things.

I'm the only person who can change user titles.

The change wasn't offensive, it was a joke, no different to many other jokes at his expense since he's been on the forum, which he usually takes well.
I have changed other people's titles in the past and they have taken it in the spirit it was intended. For some reason Newts thought I was being offensive to him, so I apologise for the this.

If we all had the ability to change user titles it would get out of hand and be stopped.

You have overstepped the mark on this occasion Jeff.

he will be back just like all the others who have 'threatened' to leave

Whether he does or doesn't come back is irrelevent IMO,he's a decent bloke who takes alot of stick and its a bit sad to see him so pissed off about something that he went.Yes he may well be back but that isn't the point

Last edited:
I honestly cant see what Newtons problem is, when nearly everybody changed there picture and signatures to mock Durham for going to watch a George Michael concert he didnt kick up a fuss, he called us all twats but then carried on with things.

I suppose some people just like trying to cause a fuss!

Whether he does or doesn't come back is irrelevent IMO,he's a decent bloke who takes alot of stick and its a bit sad to see him so pissed off about something that he went.Yes he may well be back but that isn't the point

aye i suppose so

I honestly cant see what Newtons problem is, when nearly everybody changed there picture and signatures to mock Durham for going to watch a George Michael concert he didnt kick up a fuss, he called us all twats but then carried on with things.

its a bit more personal having a go at someone purely for their spelling than going to see a concert :icon_roll

One occasion.....

This has been a constant thing for as long as i care to remember.

John helped out Lako in another thread and then people set about to discredit him. I mean what the **** is that all about. If it's to look clever or gain oneupmanship it failed, you just look like ****s.

we have a golden rule of the pub back home: if you don't go the pub, you get slagged off

so...Newts or Melts, who is the most miserable bell end ever to reside on tb?

:)

My spelling is awful, and i used to get pissed off by those who made it their job to pick up on spelling and punctuation mistakes.

I now use a spell check, when i remember.

I can see where Newts is coming from, and hope he returns soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46