Speculation Gelson Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit, I think anybody who says we need any more players,other than one good striker, is just being plain greedy. I would be astonished if, by end of transfers, any other Championship team could claim a stronger squad, including those just relegated.

Our squad is impressive!

Even when Sven came and started splashing the cash on loans, etc., I never thought I'd see us with such a strong squad of quality Championship players (on paper at least).

Now let's just sit back, grab a drink, and watch it all fall apart catastrophically.

Nice problem; I don't remember ANY manager of the City having such riches, and my first match was in the early fifties.

That's a lorra lorra midfielders. I guess we'll see the likes of Abe, Danns and Johnson used as wide players with maybe King be groomed for an even more advanced role..... But what the feck do I know?

Our squad is impressive!

Even when Sven came and started splashing the cash on loans, etc., I never thought I'd see us with such a strong squad of quality Championship players (on paper at least).

Now let's just sit back, grab a drink, and watch it all fall apart catastrophically.

I know just been talking with with Leeds and Burnley up here, they are all saying promotion is a given. All I say is I have been a Leics fan too long and will it all go wrong. But secretly I am bloody excited.

Last edited:
Real competition for the midfield spots now.

I just hope some players don't start moaning when they get dropped.

Well Sven has Talked the Talk, now he has to Walk the Walk!

Sven has an amazing squad for two reasons - the money from King Power because of their faith in him, and the attraction of himself as a manager for quality/Prem players to want to play for him.

However, it means that it will also be entirely his fault if he cannot get the squad to 'gel' and play amazing/winning football!

He is probably the only manager in the country, with the possible exception of Mancini, that cannot go to his chairman with that time-honoured phrase, 'if only I had two more players'!

Having said that, I am very optimistic about this coming season and I expect a good number of teams are probably going to get a good spanking when they play us.

As long as we win I couldn't care less about the quality of the performance.

What I like about these latest two signings is that not only should they be top, top quality signings for this league... but I think it lends to a well balanced midfield.

Fernandes as a holding player, with Johnson doing the box-to-box/support role, with King playing the advanced role he revelled in last year. Could be incredible. Wouldn't be suprised if King ends up that 20 goal scorer everyone is banging on about for this season!

I can see teams coming to the KP with fear in their eyes. park the bus and all that.

Probably why Sven is looking at players that can run into the box with pace.

He was a part of a team that didn't do too badly in Serie A last season, he started most of the games they won, 2 of which were against Napoli and Inter Milan, excellent signing if it happens, can't understand why Saint Etienne want rid, if he can cut it in Serie A then surely he can cut it in Ligue 1?

I suppose in the next coming we shall be receiving loads more speculations ,cant wait to see who this time.

He was a part of a team that didn't do too badly in Serie A last season, he started most of the games they won, 2 of which were against Napoli and Inter Milan, excellent signing if it happens, can't understand why Saint Etienne want rid, if he can cut it in Serie A then surely he can cut it in Ligue 1?
St. Etienne are not getting rid of Fernandes, they're simply loaning him out for a year.
Maybe it's got something to do with owners who're short on cash and cannot/don't want to invest too heavily in new players, rather keeping their current assets at bay.
At least that's the impression I got from visiting an ASSE forum recently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670