Speculation Gelson Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feckin' lovely

Gerrimmin

Last edited:
It'd be interesting to see what level he is at.

He only managed 5 appearances for St Ettiene a couple of seasons ago, whihc might suggest he was going backwards (maybe injured?).

Played 29 times for Chievo last year in Serie A. Managed to get 12 yellow cards, though.

It'd be interesting to see what level he is at.

He only managed 5 appearances for St Ettiene a couple of seasons ago, whihc might suggest he was going backwards (maybe injured?).

Played 29 times for Chievo last year in Serie A. Managed to get 12 yellow cards, though.

Where are getting the 5 apps from? Wiki (I know, I know) has him down as having 33 league appearances out of a possible 38.

Confirmed signing of Fernandes on BBC radio Leics by Stringer.

2 days til it's on the OS then...

As said by many others, another good bit of business.
Just need to sort the forward line now and we're ready.

Is this a permanent signing or just a loan?

Brilliant either way. Never thought we'd sign both!

Can't wait for this season... and the Prem next!

BBC website now carrying the story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14348411.stm?

Leicester City are set to sign St. Etienne midfielder Gelson Fernandes, BBC Radio Leicester understands.
Switzerland international Fernandes will become the Foxes' 10th signing this summer and teams up with manager Sven-Goran Eriksson for a second time.
The 24-year-old joined Eriksson's Manchester City from Swiss side FC Sion in 2007, and made 59 appearances.
At the time he was described by the former England boss as "the best young player in Switzerland".
However, Fernandes lost his place in the Manchester City side under Mark Hughes and moved to French side St Etienne in a deal worth a reported £2m.
He has made 33 appearances for the Swiss national side, notably scoring in their 1-0 World Cup victory over eventual champions Spain in 2010.

I may be a little too optimistic/deluded/stupid here, but I hope that an improved midfield will lead to better support and more chances for the forward line that we appear to be stuck with.

Interesting, I like the sound of that. Although I sense that we won't be 'stuck with' the current crop of forwards we have as I believe we'll sign at least one striker.

Is this a permanent signing or just a loan?

Brilliant either way. Never thought we'd sign both!

Can't wait for this season... and the Prem next!

We've now a middle consisting of Danns, Johnson, King, Wellens, Abe, Gally, Dyer and now Fernandes - who'd be in the middle for a 442 formation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669