Injury News General Injury Updates

I seem to recall some people saying we couldn't blame our poor form on the absence of Fofana and Evans. I can categorically say that that is absolute bollocks. They are an absolute stratosphere above anything else we have in those positions and transform our team.

I seem to recall some people saying we couldn't blame our poor form on the absence of Fofana and Evans. I can categorically say that that is absolute bollocks. They are an absolute stratosphere above anything else we have in those positions and transform our team.
First time tonight that I’ve seen Fofana play live. He is an absolute Rolls Royce of a player, he’s so composed, fast, intelligent … and that’s when he’s feeling his way back in after a terrible injury. He will be one of the best in the world one day.

The mood and general confidence of the other players is greater when we have these better individuals playing.

I said Fofana wouldn’t necessarily come back at the same quality he was before he got injured.
Delighted to have been proven wrong. He’s been superb since returning.

“Cags was ill, he just trained today for the first time so he should be ok for the weekend,” BR said in his post-match press conference. “Soumare again has been out for a week or so, hopefully he should train with the team tomorrow. And we’ve just got to see how Ayoze Perez is, he’s been ill the last couple of days.”

“Cags was ill, he just trained today for the first time so he should be ok for the weekend,” BR said in his post-match press conference. “Soumare again has been out for a week or so, hopefully he should train with the team tomorrow. And we’ve just got to see how Ayoze Perez is, he’s been ill the last couple of days.”

How many times has Perez been "ill" this season now?

He's missed a few squads where nobody has asked about him but I recall several "ill" responses now from BR when he has been asked the question.

How many times can someone get Covid? Unless "ill" is code for something else like with Benkovic.

How many times can someone get Covid?
My brother has had it four times. And he was one of the first people to get the vaccine, in December 2020.

From an article in the Guardian:

since the beginning of the pandemic to 20 March this year 804,463 possible reinfection episodes have been identified in England – defined as two positive tests more than 90 days apart – with 50,866 of those identified in figures for the most recent week. The agency adds that, so far, 8,717 third episodes and 74 fourth episodes have been identified since the start of the pandemic.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463