Injury News General Injury Updates

BREAKING | Enzo Maresca confirms that Callum Doyle is out injured for a "long time". The club do not know the specifics of the injury yet, or how long he'll be out for.Maresca highlighted the lack of cover on the left in the back-line, with no left-footed options.

BREAKING | Enzo Maresca confirms that Callum Doyle is out injured for a "long time". The club do not know the specifics of the injury yet, or how long he'll be out for.Maresca highlighted the lack of cover on the left in the back-line, with no left-footed options.
The picture of him, after the game, with a brace on his knee, certainly didn't look positive.

“Probably it’s his first important injury. I had him three years ago (at Manchester City U21s), no injury. He played all the games for Sunderland and Coventry as well, but it is what it is."

Enzo knows…

Did I see he’d played every minute up to the substitution in the league?

Shows how important he’s been to our setup. Make no mistake, this is a big blow.

Justin will come in and do well, I’ve no doubt, but he’s a completely different profile of player and it will disrupt the way we prefer to play.

Very disappointing.

It was an impact injury sustained in the first minute of the game. It was obvious that he wasn't comfortable but we did nothing about it until half time.

As if he’s highlighting that issue when he has sent two left backs out on loan!

Obviously Justin is perfectly fine there, but if (when) he gets injured we are ****ed

Did I see he’d played every minute up to the substitution in the league?

Shows how important he’s been to our setup. Make no mistake, this is a big blow.

Justin will come in and do well, I’ve no doubt, but he’s a completely different profile of player and it will disrupt the way we prefer to play.

Very disappointing.
Seemed to do pretty well in second half against Brizzle

Seemed to do pretty well in second half against Brizzle
Of course he did, he was excellent.

Think you are missing the point here.

Justin is a really good player with plenty to offer. I'd go as far as to say he's a better player than Doyle. But he's a very different player and the team will have to adjust.

As an example, we like to switch the ball quickly when it gets to Faes and Doyle out to the opposite winger. We've done it loads, and had success. Justin, a right-footed player on the left, is unlikely to hit those raking passes over to Mcateer or Fatawu like we've seen Doyle do many times. Alternatively Justin offers additional threat going forward so it may mean we have to play a more traditional "back four" setup at times.

We could also see Hamza in that position.

Of course he did, he was excellent.

Think you are missing the point here.

Justin is a really good player with plenty to offer. I'd go as far as to say he's a better player than Doyle. But he's a very different player and the team will have to adjust.

As an example, we like to switch the ball quickly when it gets to Faes and Doyle out to the opposite winger. We've done it loads, and had success. Justin, a right-footed player on the left, is unlikely to hit those raking passes over to Mcateer or Fatawu like we've seen Doyle do many times. Alternatively Justin offers additional threat going forward so it may mean we have to play a more traditional "back four" setup at times.

We could also see Hamza in that position.
I didn't see much disruption to our play in the second half, that you talk of. in fact, I'd say we were more progressive with JJ

I didn't see much disruption to our play in the second half, that you talk of. in fact, I'd say we were more progressive with JJ

I agree that Justin did well. I'm also unconvinced that he can play 90 minutes twice a week for any length of time without getting injured.

I agree that Justin did well. I'm also unconvinced that he can play 90 minutes twice a week for any length of time without getting injured.
He won’t be asked to play 90 mins twice a week on a regular basis. Until we can, presumably, address the issue in January, I suspect it will be a combination of Justin, Ricardo, and Hamza that will cover the position. Might even see Nelson or Souttar involved.

But now that he’s not going to be playing, maybe you will now see the point of Doyle.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363