Injury News General Injury Updates

JJ was training and involved in the game In the video the club posted today.

“He (Justin) is training with the group,” Smith said. “I’ve told the doctors to keep him away from me, because it’s one of those things where it’s ‘This is what you could have had!’

“He’s a good player and he’s been really good and bright in the sessions so far. It’s nice to have him around the group.

“Yeah, possibly (he would have been match fit by the end of the season), but he’s not in the Premier League squad so he can’t make it.”

Sounds like another potential act of sabotage or just ridiculously bad decision making from Bodgers.

We have Bertrand, Vestergaard and Brunt all registered to play ahead of him which is ****ing madness.

Given JJ is in full training now, he'd definitely at least be on the bench by now.

Sounds like another potential act of sabotage or just ridiculously bad decision making from Bodgers.

We have Bertrand, Vestergaard and Brunt all registered to play ahead of him which is ****ing madness.

Given JJ is in full training now, he'd definitely at least be on the bench by now.

I think it's sensible not including JJ. He's had two major injuries in two years. We have 4 full backs.

Let him take his time and get ready for pre season and hopefully we'll see the proper JJ back next year.

I think it's sensible not including JJ. He's had two major injuries in two years. We have 4 full backs.

Let him take his time and get ready for pre season and hopefully we'll see the proper JJ back next year.

If we go down, 100% he won't be here next season.

He's had a couple of big injuries. any club wanting to take a punt on him, would surely want him to prove his fitness, and that his injuries are behind him?

[unless you're Chelsea :) ]

If there was literally any chance whatsoever that he might be back, he should have been in before the utter leech that is Ryan Bertrand.

Please someone tell me his contract is up this season.

I'm actually gonna cut Rodgers some slack here, as much as it pains me.

The medical opinion could have been that JJ would not be ready. That advice is taken onboard, as you'd expect it to be. You do not dangle a carrot and risk rushing the recovery procedure by naming the player in the squad - you name the players you know to be available and trust in the opinion of your staff.

"JJ, where ever you may be,
you won't be fit so we'll play Amartey,
you can't be picked while we concede regularly,
poor old JJ with his totally fine knee".

"JJ, where ever you may be,
you won't be fit so we'll play Amartey,
you can't be picked while we concede regularly,
poor old JJ with his totally fine knee".
Hmmm, doubt there were many self administered back pats after that unfortunate foray into hymm.

Usually on here it's the injured player (e.g. Matty James, Matt Jones and others who basically got crocked fighting for the cause) who gets dehumanised and denigrated. That Big Dan, whose USP seems to be (after several years on the treatment table) that he isn't injured or ill, or in a two year sulk because he can't play in the Champions League, who is getting the workover... is progress of a sort, I suppose.

Iheanacho could be back for the two last games of the season after responding well to treatment

Seems like the appropriate thread to ask.... does Jonny Evans still exist?

Would you even select him? He's been out so long, he's probably forgotten how the game's played.... should fit right in then. Nah but, you really do want to maintain what little continuity we have. Now is not the time to go dicking around fixing what you might make more broken.

Would you even select him? He's been out so long, he's probably forgotten how the game's played.... should fit right in then. Nah but, you really do want to maintain what little continuity we have. Now is not the time to go dicking around fixing what you might make more broken.
Perfect option if we are trying to see out a match with 10-15 to go and need an extra body clearing headers.

He should be in late-stage Morgan mode now.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563