Germany v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when people use 'nonplussed' or 'bemused' without actually knowing what they mean.

Oh, we've stopped doing this? Ok.

And your point is ?:icon_conf

I forget. International friendlies are all pointless. I'm not a great fan of the international game at the best of times, and only really join in for the World Cup or the continental competitions (and for some reason I prefer the ANC to the European Championships). For me, internationals just clutter up an already unnecessarily crowded calendar.

I believe Gerrard has pulled out or he has got to be checked by the England medical staff before he can....or something

These friendlies are pointless, should just give the fringe players a chance to shine.

And on the other subject - 'are' instead of 'our'.

I'd agree that most friendlies are a waste of time, and when you've had managers like Sven who turn them into a farce, they really are not worth bothering with.
Having said that the games against the sweaty socks Argies and Gerries, always have a little extra feeling to them.

The squad for this game is now rendered pointless in terms of assessing which players would be useful should they come into the full team in place of the players already first choice in the mind of Capello.

What use seeing if Ashley Young can fit in on the left when the midfield contains one 'regular' (Barry - who he plays with week in and out so nothing to learn there). The front pairing is completely different too. Will Agbonlahor fit in with Rooney? We won't find out...

All this will tell us is how strong our reserve team are if the team is decimated with injuries.

I also have a feeling that if Man Utd had been playing Arsenal instead of Stoke this weekend both Rooney and Ferdinand would have been fit to play... very convenient that Stoke at home came up before a friendly so no questions could be asked.

The squad for this game is now rendered pointless in terms of assessing which players would be useful should they come into the full team in place of the players already first choice in the mind of Capello.

What use seeing if Ashley Young can fit in on the left when the midfield contains one 'regular' (Barry - who he plays with week in and out so nothing to learn there). The front pairing is completely different too. Will Agbonlahor fit in with Rooney? We won't find out...

All this will tell us is how strong our reserve team are if the team is decimated with injuries.

I also have a feeling that if Man Utd had been playing Arsenal instead of Stoke this weekend both Rooney and Ferdinand would have been fit to play... very convenient that Stoke at home came up before a friendly so no questions could be asked.

People who used 'decimated' when they mean 'depleted' or 'completely wiped out'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00