Germany v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why the feck didn't Terry just clear the fecker? He had to squat to defend the ball, but no-one will say a word against him.

I clearly heard a shout on my telly from Carson. He still puffed out of the challenge when coming to collect.

Is it Tyldsley? Hes a complete and utter cock anyway

He had his nose firmly stuck up Carrick's arse last night.

Comfortable win, they had probably two shots on goal all night. We stepped up a gear when we went level. Capello changed the shape when Marin kept coming off the wing. Lovely stuff.

Beat them racists next in Madrid.

Thought it was a good game, two weakened teams but we dominated the game. It's also the first time Germany have lost in Berlin since 1973 (according to ITV) which makes the win even better.

I thought everybody had a good game, stand out performances for me were from Upson, Carrick, Downing and Johnson. I thought Terry was to blame for the goal should have cleared it when he had the chance and then did the worst attempt at blocking a person I have ever seen.

I thought Bent looked very ordinary.

These are what friendlies should be about! Capello would have learnt a lot about the fringe players, there werent too many subsititutions and it gives the whole England camp a lift.

England are looking pretty good now and I hope that when some serious games come around that Fabio can stick two fingers up to those who don't seem to be there for the cause.

Downing was very good as was Glen Johnson and these are two positions I feel are our weakest. Carrick (who I can't stand by the way) and Barry proved that there doesn't even need to be a Gerrard/Lampard debate and Agbonlahor was sharp. I think he could be quite prolific for England.

It was also good to see Pearce on the touchline getting involved. I'd like to think that he has the qualities to be the next England manager, he certainly has the drive and passion for it and is clearly relishing his role. I know he only had to travel to Germany but the fact that the night before he was in Sheffield for his U21's team then flew out to be with the seniors shows his commitment.

All in all a good performance.

If Capello had any balls about him, he would go for the same starting line up in our next game - reward the players that have done so well, and give a message to our 'injured' players that they will have to fight for their place back. Maybe next time their manager says they are 'injured', they will grow a set and tell him they are going to report to the England setup anyway. Funny how so many of our 'injured' players will be playing for club this weekend? Be interesting to see how many make the recovery...

It's a bit naughty but it's not against the rules as far as I know

Lampard,Walcott and Gerrard were passed unfit by the England medical team,I fail to see what more they coud have done to prove they were unfit

Thought it was a good game, two weakened teams but we dominated the game. It's also the first time Germany have lost in Berlin since 1973 (according to ITV) which makes the win even better.

I thought everybody had a good game, stand out performances for me were from Upson, Carrick, Downing and Johnson. I thought Terry was to blame for the goal should have cleared it when he had the chance and then did the worst attempt at blocking a person I have ever seen.

I thought Bent looked very ordinary.

These are what friendlies should be about! Capello would have learnt a lot about the fringe players, there werent too many subsititutions and it gives the whole England camp a lift.

i agree with everything you said, i think some of the performances last night put some of the regular 'superstars' to shame

Downing getting the Plaudits but I couldn't see it myself, I thought some of his crossing was poor and he gave the ball away.

I think our attacking was all about the pace we had which we don't have when playing with Rooney + partner upfront. Every time Gabby, Defoe or Wright Phillips ran at them they shit themselves.

I missed the Croatia game but this is the first England performance for a long time I have watched where we have dominated.

Very impressed with Capello!

Last edited:
. It's also the first time Germany have lost in Berlin since 1973 (according to ITV) which makes the win even better.

How do they come to that one?

1973 it was either East Germany or West Germany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00