Get behind the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have nothing against him as a manager and hope he turns out to be good, the only issue i have actually got on the whole thing is how IH thinks he can tell fans what they should and shouldn't be doing at the games, his responsibility is the team....which was shit. granted they are not players he has bought in but he may want to look at dealing with the performance on the pitch before criticising those off it.

oh, and the referee...he didn't like his performance either, even though it was clearly clemence's fault we conceded the penalty
If you don't like the manager voicing his opinion on things you ain't gonna like Holloway much.

I don't approve of booing your team or a player during a game, however if the team have had 'a shocker' I think it is legitimate to vent your feelings and boo them off at the end of the game. Before anybody criticises this point of view I'm talking about being very careful and selective about when you do this so a game (or series of games) has to be particularly poor; I've probably done it 3 times in about 30 years and I've seen a lot of bad games, but each occassion I did it warranted it, this Saturday being one of them.

If you don't like the manager voicing his opinion on things you ain't gonna like Holloway much.

maybe so, maybe i will sing his praises in a few months. after hearing the press conference on saturday i just thought he came over as a bit of a cock who hasn't put much research into the job he is in

maybe so, maybe i will sing his praises in a few months. after hearing the press conference on saturday i just thought he came over as a bit of a cock who hasn't put much research into the job he is in

He got Big Sam-itis.

Big Sam had the guts to wave to the fans at Blackburn on Saturday.

Fcuk the team, I go to spectate, not get involved.

If "Ollie" wants me involved, the fcuker can pay me.

Look at it another way Ollie WHY play a player that is only 50 or 75% fit surely there are some youngsters who would be chomping at the bit to play.

I dont condone booing but in the context of the game which at best was mediocre and at worst a disgusting exhibition of ineptitude, lack of basic football technique
lack of any midfield, no driving force, and so little skill it do'es not bear thinking about, what do you expect, this has been going on now for nearly 4 years and Patience has worn very very thin to the point where gates will now slump, through lack of entertainment.

Am I the only one that read Joey Barton's comments about Newcastle and thought about our own problems? High expectations and a crowd quick to turn, boo, jeer, isolate and criticise 'unpopular' players, and leave the ground befor the end of the game.

The crowd should be getting behind the team, behind the players and contribute to our chances of success rather than detracting from them. You only have to look at our home form to see the impact it's had.

:038:

And Ollie's comments on Saturday Re: Carl Cort were bang on as well.

One of the reason's why I do not go to home games anymore is the dire support.

some moaners on the phone in tonight

Why should football players be wrapped in cotton wool and treated like they have tissue paper thin skin, do they have the mental strength of an 8 year old, are they so insecure that a few unkind words mean that they then cry themselves to sleep at night? I know it's too much to ask the players to care about LCFC but surely they should be playing with some level of professional pride? To me they look like they are on auto pilot and just drift through games. Not one single solitary player is prepared to lead by example and take real responsibility. It's getting to the stage now where there's a vicious circle of resentment from the fans that the players don't give 100% (and they don't) and the players resenting the fans for getting on their backs.

Post of the Year. :038: :023:

Why can't our senior pros can't handle a bit of pressure? Let's face it, it's hardly intense. Someone will get boos and jeers if they are consistently shite. That's it. It's not out of order and it's not unwarranted.

If they poo themselves in front of 20,000 at a funeral-like Walkers, are they likely to be able to handle themselves going to Anfield or Old Trafford?

What example is that to our kids with potential? Poo yourself at the first sign of trouble lads.

As supporters, we need to set the standards. We have. The players are aware of what is good enough and what is not. We're doing our job. If they did theirs, there would be nothing to worry about.

Two options:

1. Support the shite.
2. Insist they shape up or feck off.

I'm with option 2 everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687