Get DJ back, NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get it...so can I start a new discussion about Joey coming back.

Can you help Cate?

You can do whatever you please. If you do start a new thread, for whatever reason, it will most likely just be merged with this one.

I hope that answers your questions, or would you still prefer Cate to respond?

DJ can stay at Blackpool he is shit, hate the prick I couldn't care less how many goals he scores away from Leicester, we have Vaughan, Waghorn, maybe Gally, Yann, Howard, and Fryatt on the mend all better than that arsewipe.

I agree about Vaughan, Waghorn, Gally, Howard and Fryatt. However, I would rather have DJ than Yann. Leaving aside the execrable Carl Cort I find Yann the most irritating striker since the days of the unlamented Mark De Vries. I like strikers who are nasty, physical and above all who actually strike.

I agree about Vaughan, Waghorn, Gally, Howard and Fryatt. However, I would rather have DJ than Yann. Leaving aside the execrable Carl Cort I find Yann the most irritating striker since the days of the unlamented Mark De Vries. I like strikers who are nasty, physical and above all who actually strike.

If you're old enough David, you would have loved to have seen the 'Tartan Terror' Alan Young in a Leicester shirt, with Jimmy Melrose picking up the flicks & knock downs. It was a thing of raw beauty

Mainly our centre forwards down the years have been the type using subtlety & guile, like Alan Smith, Frank Worthington & Martin Henderson

I ponder whether or not with Adam sold in the summer, Blackpool will be able to afford DJ. I assume not... but then if they snatch a playoff place and stay in the championship possibly the director(s) will see potential and give holloway a bigger budget?
Because tbh... i can't see them holding onto Adam. A freescoring midfielder like that? At blackpool? no.

If you're old enough David, you would have loved to have seen the 'Tartan Terror' Alan Young in a Leicester shirt, with Jimmy Melrose picking up the flicks & knock downs. It was a thing of raw beauty

Mainly our centre forwards down the years have been the type using subtlety & guile, like Alan Smith, Frank Worthington & Martin Henderson
:081::081::081::081:

you might as well put Roger Davis in as well......:081:

You can do whatever you please. If you do start a new thread, for whatever reason, it will most likely just be merged with this one.

I hope that answers your questions, or would you still prefer Cate to respond?

what Macky said... there, I've replied :icon_roll

While I agree this thread is a load of old bollocks, it would be farcical if we were paying for the player that ultimately denied us of a playoff opportunity would it not?

not a lot we can do about it.

When he went there they were bottom half the table I think, wasn't to know they'd be snapping at our heels with a ocuple of games to go.

But as others have repeatedly said, it won't be because of him if Blackpool beat us to the play-offs, it will because we didn't do the job with 2 games and 4 points ahead to go.

Ah.
Why did I think they were bottom half, was that last season when we shipped him up there?

Hang on a mo.... so since letting him go there, we've climbed INTO the play-offs places and they've not.........good bit of business then!

Let's move on.

Ah.
Why did I think they were bottom half, was that last season when we shipped him up there?

Hang on a mo.... so since letting him go there, we've climbed INTO the play-offs places and they've not.........good bit of business then!

Let's move on.

:038::038::038::038:

:081::081::081::081:

you might as well put Roger Davis in as well......:081:

I have good memories of Roger Davis.

Roger Davis at Worcester City was the finest non-league centreforward I ever saw.Davis first game was against Leicester City in a pre-season friendly and he made Leicester's centrehalf Joe Joplin look very foolish

He only played about a dozen games for Worcester City after four or five it was clear he was far too good for non-league and First Division scouts were turning up; to watch him. Brian Clough bought him for £15,000 - an incredible sum for a non-league player in those days. It was enough to keep Worcester City in existence.

Of course the gulf between First Division and non-league was enormous then as it is now.

People rightly and understandably remember Frank Worthington for his breathtaking skill. However, it has been forgotten that he was quite capable of being physical and that he was brave. No centreforward in the old days survived without strength and courage because of what defenders were allowed to get away with.

I would like nothing better than to meet blackpool in the playoff finals and utterly destroy them. Probably not gonna happen but that would be incredible.

I would like nothing better than to meet blackpool in the playoff finals and utterly destroy them. Probably not gonna happen but that would be incredible.

Why? :102:

They are managed by a man who Leicester City decided was not good enough and have taken a player off our hands who, would never have played in our first team, and are paying some of his wages.

Leicester City made the decisions, why hate Blackpool?

People rightly and understandably remember Frank Worthington for his breathtaking skill. However, it has been forgotten that he was quite capable of being physical and that he was brave. No centreforward in the old days survived without strength and courage because of what defenders were allowed to get away with.

Well, don't forget, Frank was an Elvis-loving Teddy Boy... and those boys loved a ruck! :021:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566