Get real, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
The News of the world said that Allen was going to be sacked back on sunday, how the **** did they know?

I'll say it again, though few people believed me when I wrote it. They knew because Milan Manderic had told them himself directly! I explained that this was virtually a cast iron certainty in the days before the dismissal because the News of the World story wrote "a source close to Milan Manderic said that MA would be dismissed this week whatever the outcome of the Watford match". I explained that though the media speculates on stories they never misuse the phrase "a source close to..." that phrase ALWAYS means the person him/herself had said it. Every editor and every journalist follows this practice. There was a very slight possibility that maybe Milan had told the NoW this as a way of giving MA a 'final warning' to change the way he deals with the players and himself but it looked curtains to me.

I explained that though the media speculates on stories they never misuse the phrase "a source close to..." that phrase ALWAYS means the person him/herself had said it. Every editor and every journalist follows this practice. There was a very slight possibility that maybe Milan had told the NoW this as a way of giving MA a 'final warning' to change the way he deals with the players and himself but it looked curtains to me.

You're totally right about that phrase.That is exactly how it's used.
I wonder if MA's appearance on the pitch before the match may have been his farewell?

I wonder if MA's appearance on the pitch before the match may have been his farewell?

I suspect it was his cunning plan to make it impossible for Mandaric to sack him - get all of the crowd chanting his name etc.
He maybe thought that he wouldn't have the balls to do it after that

He was very wrong

It clearly was, though MA probably didn't believe MM would really do it. Your lead post Innocent on this thread is hitting at the core of this whole bizzare and shocking turn of events it seems to me. I've posted elsewhere that either this matter is simply a clash of personalities and an ego-centric dictatorial owner has dismissed a man for standing up to him or that, behind the scenes, MA was indeed proving to be a 'mad dog' and that his behaviour was giving rise to serious cause for concern with several incidents happening that we don't know about. Finally, to add to this, maybe something major happened in the dressing room or later that evening on Tuesday to push MM into taking this decision at a wholly inopportune moment given the events of Tuesday evening when you'd think he'd wait a little longer (but he was going to do it 'this week' as per his leak to the NoW). It would be moutwateringly fascinating to know what this all is and what MA had really done. Or maybe it is the simple explanation of the clash of wills and egos, but the more I think about it the more I think you are right in your hypothisis.

Last edited:
I'll say it again, though few people believed me when I wrote it.

As one of those who didn't believe you, I have to say you were right - THIS TIME! Still can't say that it is ALWAYS true that 'sources close to' equals the person themselves though.

I think it all fits. Though I was begining to like him, (maybe had something to do with the Watford result), MM had long decided that MA was too mad. Its alright to be a nutter and manage a club in the lower leagues, but come the championship or (hopefully) the premiership, players will not be motivated by jumping into the river soar or having blue / yellow flowers at the training ground. MM will only be able to prove that it was right decision and not an infantile attempt to prove his power by what he does next. Pick the right man to manage leicester MM, and all will be forgiven - however thats a different thread

The new manager may not even rate the players that MA/MM has bought, but He will be a YES man, so he will be told he has what he has..

Absolutely, everyone being linked would be so grateful for the job that theyd do whatever they were told. I'm afraid those people who were apprehensive about Mandaric before he arrived might have been right. No manager worth his salt is going to be told what to do regarding team affairs by his chairman. MON certainly wouldn't have.

I will ask again, where has this Yes Man mentatlity come from? Harry Redknapp isn't a Yes Man and that worked as a partnership

I will ask again, where has this Yes Man mentatlity come from? Harry Redknapp isn't a Yes Man and that worked as a partnership

but redknapp left once whos to say that he didnt like mm interferring with team affairs maybe they called a truce because mm knew that redknapp was too good a manager to let go...and as for now and mm its been reported that mm has picked half the new squad so to me that says the manager has to go along with mms players or face the sack :102:

all i know is that porstmouth have the kind of players, and play the type of football that i would be pleased to see leicester play. MM has my confidence, i do believe he knows what he is doing. at the moment

but redknapp left once whos to say that he didnt like mm interferring with team affairs maybe they called a truce because mm knew that redknapp was too good a manager to let go...and as for now and mm its been reported that mm has picked half the new squad so to me that says the manager has to go along with mms players or face the sack :102:

Your probably right "Redknapp was too good a maneger" and MM did not need to interfier so much. But MA is not so good and that was not good enough for MM, so he aint good enough for city. and he definatly aint good enough for me.

Well done Mandric. I like your balls

Problem is, MA was doing the job with one hand tied behind his back. MA wanted one player who has subsequently gone to F*rest, not a great deal of money in the great scheme of things, and MM said no. Fair enough, you might say, but then MM brings in a superstar like Hellings for MA to work with.

I'm numb, I honestly thought that all this stuff was hype by the media, on reflection however M&M never denied the stories, and did next to nothing to support his Manager. The papers obviously got their information from somewhere, the obvious source is M&M' or someone who has his ear. The next manager, is going to have a massive job on his hands unless of course the players themselves are pleased to see the back of MA, in this scenario we might just survive this upheaval.

Problem is, MA was doing the job with one hand tied behind his back. MA wanted one player who has subsequently gone to F*rest, not a great deal of money in the great scheme of things, and MM said no. Fair enough, you might say, but then MM brings in a superstar like Hellings for MA to work with.

This is really the greatest worry. It seems obvious that all these players were not MA's choice. Football clubs are not run by committee. A new manager must have the first say in any new players. The chairman, of course, has a veto but shouldn't be instigating signings.

This is really the greatest worry. It seems obvious that all these players were not MA's choice. Football clubs are not run by committee. A new manager must have the first say in any new players. The chairman, of course, has a veto but shouldn't be instigating signings.

:038:

A guy I work with is a good friend of McAuleys (sp) and apparently there had been rumblings in the camp that began at pre-season training that MA was not the man for the job, his treatment of the players was dreadful...

Last edited:
A guy I work with is a good friend of McAuleys (sp) and apparently there had been rumblings in the camp that began at pre-season training that MA was not the man for the job, his treatment of the players was dreadful...
but they apparently loved his mini world cups and mars bars :102:

Must be bollox Cate, there is no way MA did anything wrong, he was the new messiah it's all that nasty Mr Mandaric's fault ;)

Unless he thinks he has mistakenly appointed a manager who hasn't got a feckin' clue who to buy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669