Gigs at Walkers Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicesterfan

PLEASE!!!

For the sake of revenue and Leicester as being the dusty town of where no big acts play, yet we acquired a concert license for such gigs to commence. Have people emailed TD already about this? I'd rather not go to Nottingham Rock City everytime for gigs please.

Re: Gigs a Walkers Stadium

The stadium cannot take over a certain noise level due to how it was built. I seem to remember reading that. Best you'll get is cheesy pop.

thats why they want L1 and the kop together because the noise would be deafening :icon_cool

Last edited:

Babylon said:
The stadium cannot take over a certain noise level due to how it was built. I seem to remember reading that. Best you'll get is cheesy pop.

I thought Status Quo were lined up to play there last year - surely they're louder than cheesy pop.

webmaster said:
I thought Status Quo were lined up to play there last year - surely they're louder than cheesy pop.

True, i'm just repeating what I read somewhere.

Maybe this is a question for the trust!!!

Last edited:
What's all this about the stadium not being able to handle such volume of sound? Surely that's bollocks.

beaumontfox said:
i think i read somewhere it had to do with how much of the vibration from the noise the stadium can safely take.

we all know it moves a bit when we score but that's not a constant thing.

HAHA!! Moves a bit!? What do you mean? Is the ground slipping into the Soar? :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Surely if a certain vibration could topple the Walkers then we would not be allowed anywhere near it! This is pure fantasy - the lazyist (sp) excuse I have ever heard! Imagine the headlines:

BON JOVI CAUSE WALKERS STADIUM COLLAPSE
no fans injured due to no fans of bon jovi actually existing.

DesertFox said:
Yep, Cheesy Rock > Cheesy Pop, it's a well-known equation!

At the risk of 'doing a Boc' surely thats an inequation.

I'll get my coat.....

It was something to do with the steel used. Apparently from what I remember the problem could be fixed at a cost.

Maybe they are just too scared because of the last Mace-Stock.

Joe_Fox said:
HAHA!! Moves a bit!? What do you mean? Is the ground slipping into the Soar? :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Surely if a certain vibration could topple the Walkers then we would not be allowed anywhere near it! This is pure fantasy - the lazyist (sp) excuse I have ever heard! Imagine the headlines:

BON JOVI CAUSE WALKERS STADIUM COLLAPSE
no fans injured due to no fans of bon jovi actually existing.

haven't you sat at up at the back of any of the stands and not noticed?

and Bon Jovi are playing at Cov's ground in June....maybe their stadium could collapse?

Last edited:
beaumontfox said:
and Bon Jovi are playing at Cov's ground in June....maybe their stadium could collapse?

There is always hope.

I think all the city shirts the builders wrapped around the steel will steady it though.

beaumontfox said:
haven't you sat at up at the back of any of the stands and not noticed?

Yes, but even the biggest buildings sway a bit, the eiffel tower sways 8 metres side to side in high winds!

I'm gonna go round the grounds trying to hit the right resonance and topple 'em. :icon_lol:

Surely with the right bands it would be a winner. Long term it must surely be worth the strengthening required.

Duzza said:
Surely with the right bands it would be a winner. Long term it must surely be worth the strengthening required.

At The Brits last night were you Durham?:icon_wink

Feck me when I saw the title of this thread, I thought we had signed the Welsh wing wizard on loan :icon_lol:

And before some cnut pulls me on the spelling of Giggs, it was poetic licence:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669