Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's getting the best out of a weak squad if you ask me. Too many below par signings were made by MA2 and MM over the summer, leaving us with too large a squad many of whom are either not quite up to playing at this level, or lacking the desire / fight needed to finish high in this competitive division.

Our long term poor home form is down to the Walker's lacking the fortress feel that Filbert Street had. Whether thats the fans or not I don't know, but its certainly much quieter than it used to be and many fans seem far more fickle these days.

For the moment I'm reasonably happy with us keeping clean sheets and picking up a point or three occasionally. The best teams are almost always built up from a solid and confident defence, so this season should be seen as a season of consolidating and building. You can't turn around 4-5 years of rot in one season, and certainly not in 3-4 weeks as some fans are expecting Magson to do.

I hope MM and the fans give the boss time to build a promotion team.

Can somebody explain to me why a new manager coming in is only capable in the first few weeks of 'steadying the ship', 'stop leaking goals', and 'shoring up the defence'?

Is there not time to work on the strikers who can't hit a barn door with a banjo? Can managers not multitask? What are the coaches for, if not to share out the jobs?

Defending is not a priority, winning is. Would anyone be happy with last night if the alternative was we were winning every game 4-3 and Megson was bleating on about ' I have sorted the strikeforce, but the defence needs shoring up a bit'.

And do not give me any crap about poor service from the midfield. There were planty of balls last night getting into the strikers from Mattock and Stearman. The strikers were either out of position, clueless, or too fecking short to get their head on the ball!

It all sounds like excuses to me - Sort it Megson!

Id be ****ing ecstatic!!

Can somebody explain to me why a new manager coming in is only capable in the first few weeks of 'steadying the ship', 'stop leaking goals', and 'shoring up the defence'?

Is there not time to work on the strikers who can't hit a barn door with a banjo? Can managers not multitask? What are the coaches for, if not to share out the jobs?

Defending is not a priority, winning is. Would anyone be happy with last night if the alternative was we were winning every game 4-3 and Megson was bleating on about ' I have sorted the strikeforce, but the defence needs shoring up a bit'.

And do not give me any crap about poor service from the midfield. There were planty of balls last night getting into the strikers from Mattock and Stearman. The strikers were either out of position, clueless, or too fecking short to get their head on the ball!

It all sounds like excuses to me - Sort it Megson!

:icon_roll

I reckon this could be the thread that most sums up my thoughts on the whole thing at the minute.

I said right from the start that I wasn’t worried about the appointment of Megson. He is a manager with a proven track record (although most people cant see beyond what he did on the red side of the trent).

He is doing all the right things to “steady the ship” and as has been said anyone who thinks we are gonna suddenly turn into a team that is banging in 3 goals a game after 5 managers in around 18 months is clinically insane.

I will stand by him for now and why the style of football may bore the pants off me (don’t get too excited MK) I understand it is exactly what the club needs and would rather to see draws against the top clubs and wins against the lesser clubs.

I seem to remember that the last bloke managed to get them to bang in 4 against the top club. How do you account for that?

Considering that we have such a poor squad can anyone tell me how we managed to beat Watford ...??? It must have been a fluke that we scored four goals against the top team in the championship ... surely we didn't deserve to win that match ... ??? I'd be amazed if we score four goals in five games with Megson in charge ... how long are we going to keep making excuses for this inadequate manager ... sorry ... I don't believe our squad is that bad ... I think the fault lies elsewhere ... And the sooner folks start to realise that the better off we'll be ... my opinion ... sorry if it offends.

Our long term poor home form is down to the Walker's lacking the fortress feel that Filbert Street had. Whether thats the fans or not I don't know, but its certainly much quieter than it used to be and many fans seem far more fickle these days.

The fans are much quieter because you cant hear them above the deafening level of the music... why the hell they feel the need to play the music so loud that it drowns the fans out is beyond me.

Two excellent posts :038:

Anybody who thinks that 4 to 5 years of mismanagement will be turned around in 3 or 4 weeks is clearly deluded.

I wasn't overly impressed when we appointed Megson but vowed to give him a chance, and so far I have been impressed with what he is trying to do. He has made us solid at the back - 1 goal conceded in last 3 games, always a decent foundation to build from.

He has changed the formation, but been unfortunate to lose his best central midfielders, therefore having to play youngsters and players out of position but is still managing to grind out results.

When MON had injury problems and was forced into reshuffling his side, he was hailed a tactical genuis for getting results with weakened sides that is exactly what Megson is doing, judge him and his methods in another 8 or so games, once Clem and Weso are back and he has been able to bring in 2 or 3 players and I think we will see a totally different level of performance and results.

I'm sure we will judge him in another 8 games or so. And I am sure that things will be no different from how they are now. Megson has always been the same. And he probably always will be.

I seem to remember that the last bloke managed to get them to bang in 4 against the top club. How do you account for that?

One off performance and you well know it Boc. We were never gonna get games like that every week. Watford were woeful on that day for whatever reason, I have watched them several times since and they look like they deserve their current league position.

But the following game managed to preside over what many described as the worst 45 minutes of football ever witnessed and that against a side from a lower league :102:

Didn't the current bloke beat a premiership side on their home ground recently :102:

Thought so

he's the ginger Avram Grant

:icon_roll

But the following game managed to preside over what many described as the worst 45 minutes of football ever witnessed and that against a side from a lower league :102:

That was before the sides against Charlton and Stoke managed to plumb new depths.

Considering that we have such a poor squad can anyone tell me how we managed to beat Watford ...??? It must have been a fluke that we scored four goals against the top team in the championship ... surely we didn't deserve to win that match ... ??? I'd be amazed if we score four goals in five games with Megson in charge ... how long are we going to keep making excuses for this inadequate manager ... sorry ... I don't believe our squad is that bad ... I think the fault lies elsewhere ... And the sooner folks start to realise that the better off we'll be ... my opinion ... sorry if it offends.

The squad is quite dire in all honesty. I don't know how you can believe that our squad isn't that bad when it's clear for all to see. The majority of the players signed by Martin Allen are no better than the ones we already had. The aim is to bring in players that are better than already here. He did not do that.

I have to agree with everything that Megson has said in his press conference. This club is still in a shambolic state on the field and the sooner people realise that it's not going to be easy to bring any sort of sucess back to the club the better.

He has highlighted the weaknesses and knows full well what needs to be done in the short-term to alter this. He's not even had the chance to bring any of his own players as yet and is still assessing the quality of the squad which is VERY lacking. We have a solid defence but the creativity is just not there. He knows it.

Megson has my full backing. I just want him to get on with the job and ignore the morons who constantly complain about him. Those who are at him all the while are pathetic and need to just piss off. I have no time for those sorts.

We need to get real and stop dreaming about promotion for a good while yet. It is hell not going to come with a lot of these players in the squad.

Oh, and the fans in the kop were excellent last night, especially second half :)

Last edited:
I am fed up with hearing that we have "such a poor squad".
We do not have a squad capable of promotion, but look at Fulop, Chambers, N'Gotty, Clemence: these are all improvements to the squad we had last season. Yes, we desperately need to supplement our midfield but, we have a greater number of good players now and, I am sure that several of the smaller Championship clubs would readily swap squads. It isn't perfect, but it can achieve far more than it is currently doing.
Megson seems to be succeeding at reducing the fans expectations: it is not so long since we had threads debating Milan's change of heart , wanting promotion this season. Megson has us discussing relegation!

I am fed up with hearing that we have "such a poor squad".
We do not have a squad capable of promotion, but look at Fulop, Chambers, N'Gotty, Clemence: these are all improvements to the squad we had last season. Yes, we desperately need to supplement our midfield but, we have a greater number of good players now and, I am sure that several of the smaller Championship clubs would readily swap squads. It isn't perfect, but it can achieve far more than it is currently doing.
Megson seems to be succeeding at reducing the fans expectations: it is not so long since we had threads debating Milan's change of heart , wanting promotion this season. Megson has us discussing relegation!

Wow. Four players out of how many?:102:

Expectations should be reduced because we DO have a poor squad. Face facts.

Didn't the current bloke beat a premiership side on their home ground recently :102:

Thought so

In a game that seems to have been a one-off - just like the previous bloke's against Watford.

The squad is quite dire in all honesty. I don't know how you can believe that our squad isn't that bad when it's clear for all to see. The majority of the players signed by Martin Allen are no better than the ones we already had. The aim is to bring in players that are better than already here. He did not do that.

I have to agree with everything that Megson has said in his press conference. This club is still in a shambolic state on the field and the sooner people realise that it's not going to be easy to bring any sort of sucess back to the club the better.

He has highlighted the weaknesses and knows full well what needs to be done in the short-term to alter this. He's not even had the chance to bring any of his own players as yet and is still assessing the quality of the squad which is VERY lacking. We have a solid defence but the creativity is just not there. He knows it.

Megson has my full backing. I just want him to get on with the job and ignore the morons who constantly complain about him. Those who are at him all the while are pathetic and need to just piss off. I have no time for those sorts.

We need to get real and stop dreaming about promotion for a good while yet. It is hell not going to come with a lot of these players in the squad.

Oh, and the fans in the kop were excellent last night, especially second half :)

Why are people morons just because they disagree with your point of view?

We had "one off" performances against Spurs and Fulham in the FA Cup. Levein still had to go. Watford 4-1 means nothing in terms of how good we are.

He kicked off the way he meant to continue. When he arrived, relegation wasn't on anyone's mind. Megson started to talk as if this season was going to be a relegation batle and so it has come to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669