Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant beleive what I am reading. The worlds gone mad, Megson has got nothing out of these players yet. I doubt he ever will.

I cant beleive what I am reading. The worlds gone mad, Megson has got nothing out of these players yet. I doubt he ever will.

Me neither DF

Either

a) some of these people don't actually go to the games; or
b) they are doing this as a wind-up (I have strong suspicions about this) ; or
c) they are stark raving bonkers

Last edited:
I am fed up with hearing that we have "such a poor squad".
We do not have a squad capable of promotion, but look at Fulop, Chambers, N'Gotty, Clemence: these are all improvements to the squad we had last season. Yes, we desperately need to supplement our midfield but, we have a greater number of good players now and, I am sure that several of the smaller Championship clubs would readily swap squads. It isn't perfect, but it can achieve far more than it is currently doing.
Megson seems to be succeeding at reducing the fans expectations: it is not so long since we had threads debating Milan's change of heart , wanting promotion this season. Megson has us discussing relegation!

Well said.

I can't believe what I'm reading in another thread - and it was me who wrote it.

It will make you very happy though - and probably a little bit smug.

I'm all for open debate. Really, I am. But I've yet to hear or read anything credible that really attempts to alter or challenge my own beliefs.

Really ... ? :icon_roll

Not read all of the thread, I believe in giving Megson time, but not impressed with playing 5-3-2 at home, if that had been an away game great point, at home not good enough.

The only forced change to the starting line up last night to that which finished against Stoke was King for Clem. Why change the attacking options? Cort has not been playing well, but with Hume supporting him and Fryatt they were creating chances against Stoke (and proved again last night for the last 10-15 mins) so why go so defensive, for most of the game Hume and Fryatt were isolated with no midfield back up.

We did not look solid enough to look comfortable and not conceed a goal and did nothing to inspire any sort of sustained attack, if any team scores against us whilst we are playing like that we are fecked.

If Wednesday score first this weekend we could well find ourselves well and truly in the relegation zone ... with the ultra defensive crap we're currently playing an equaliser would seem difficult ... :tumbleweed:

Me neither DF

Either

a) some of these people don't actually go to the games; or
b) they are doing this as a wind-up (I have strong suspicions about this) ; or
c) they are stark raving bonkers

a) I've been to virtually all the home games over the last 23 seasons and many away.

b) I'm not trying any sort of wind up. I strongly believe what I am saying and tried to explain why in some depth. I find your interpretation of things understandable, but deluded. My original post was intended to get some people to think before following the 'sheep' in dismissing yet another team/manager.

c) You suggest too that I may be 'bonkers'. Last night, when fans were booing players who'd not come on and a manager who has made a positive impact in a limited time, I wondered whether I was alone in considering myself to be a sane person in an insane place.

c) You suggest too that I may be 'bonkers'. Last night, when fans were booing players who'd not come on and a manager who has made a positive impact in a limited time, I wondered whether I was alone in considering myself to be a sane person in an insane place.

I think I'm going for c), then........

A feckin' miracle, to be honest, the way he's got them playing

One defeat in 6 games in charge. A totally different formation and style of play that suits our players. We have better shape, balance, we're defensively sound. All in two weeks.

I'm sure the guy would like to have won the last 6 games 4-0 but that's simply not possible with what he's got. He is building some foundations and making a very good job of it.

You (homer) made you opinion of Megson clear before we played a game under him:

"It's worse than shit. It's a pile of complete and utter feckin' wank. It's just a living nightmare - the worst choice of any available".

Fair enough. You instantly make your mind up and then ignore what you see. It's your right. All I'm doing is saying that you're deluded and you're wrong. I base my opinion on evidence. You base yours on ignorance. There is a place for us both in this world.

One defeat in 6 games in charge. A totally different formation and style of play that suits our players. We have better shape, balance, we're defensively sound. All in two weeks.

Or, to put it another way, no wins in 4 league games in charge. How can you say that the team is better balanced and suits our players when we are playing 5-3-2 at home, playing with so many out of position and with so many players asking to get away?

Not read all of the thread, I believe in giving Megson time, but not impressed with playing 5-3-2 at home, if that had been an away game great point, at home not good enough.

The only forced change to the starting line up last night to that which finished against Stoke was King for Clem. Why change the attacking options? Cort has not been playing well, but with Hume supporting him and Fryatt they were creating chances against Stoke (and proved again last night for the last 10-15 mins) so why go so defensive, for most of the game Hume and Fryatt were isolated with no midfield back up.

Got some sympathy for Megson's choice last night, as

a) It is more of a gamble with an untried youngster making his debut to play Hume behind the front 2, then relying on the out of position Chambers or the out of form Kishi to play alongside the debutant.

b) With DeVries gone, Cort was awful on Saturday & didn't deserve to start, while a combo of Campbell & Fryatt is unlikely to work as win goalie launched balls

Agree behind the front 2 is Hume's best position, but others need to perform for it to work

The vast majority of the starting eleven last night were either here last year or we dont own them. We havent moved on at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669