Ginger Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, to put it another way, no wins in 4 league games in charge. How can you say that the team is better balanced and suits our players when we are playing 5-3-2 at home, playing with so many out of position and with so many players asking to get away?

You can interpret draws anyway you want to suit an argument. One defeat in ten sounds better than one win in eight league games, but they are both true. Our only defeat in ten came away to promotion favourites who nobody would have begrudged us getting beat by if we'd got a manager who was allowed to lose a game before being lynched.

Playing 5-3-2 at home worked under MON for years didn't it? It was exactly the same set up last night as those years. This formation suits Stearman, Mattock, Hume, N'Gotty (to name but four) far better than the previous one. The only player out of position last night was Chambers and that was through necessity.

Don't understand your 'so many players asking to get away' quote. Like who? To be honest, if Megson has got some of the work-shy feckers handing in transfer requests already, I'd be even more delighted with him.

You can interpret draws anyway you want to suit an argument. One defeat in ten sounds better than one win in eight league games, but they are both true. Our only defeat in ten came away to promotion favourites who nobody would have begrudged us getting beat by if we'd got a manager who was allowed to lose a game before being lynched.

Playing 5-3-2 at home worked under MON for years didn't it? It was exactly the same set up last night as those years. This formation suits Stearman, Mattock, Hume, N'Gotty (to name but four) far better than the previous one. The only player out of position last night was Chambers and that was through necessity.

Don't understand your 'so many players asking to get away' quote. Like who? To be honest, if Megson has got some of the work-shy feckers handing in transfer requests already, I'd be even more delighted with him.

Half the first team want out, 1 has gone, plenty to follow if they get their way including one who 'suits' this new formation according to you.

Wasn't that old news related to MA2?

When he arrived, relegation wasn't on anyone's mind.

That isn't true. When Allen got the boot I thought right, 21st place will do me. Not that I think he would have done that much better.

As for Megson being the worst of all possible worlds, as far as I can see he was the least bad of all the (realistic) prospective candidates. If he doesn't work out, I don't dare think who'd be next in the 'hotseat'. I think I'd vote for Mandaric ahead of Reid, Roeder or Gregory.

We have to give Megson time and space. We don't have any alternative.

Half the first team want out, 1 has gone, plenty to follow if they get their way including one who 'suits' this new formation according to you.

How anyone could call De Vries going out on loan a loss is totally beyond me. Megson has inherited 45 professionals. That's a good 12 too many. He also needs to bring in at least a handful of quality players to make us any good. I'm praying for lots of casualties over the coming months. Apart from some of the home grown players, there is not one player that I'd miss if they/Megson decided to get rid (possible exception being Clemence - if he learnt to pass the ball).

If Megson has caused some uproar in the squad, fan-fecking-tastic. But we heard exactly the same under every manager over the last few years and nothing has ever come of it.

de Vries - no loss, agreed. Hume?

Incidentally, the want away list includes at least one home grown player

Last edited:
The vast majority of the starting eleven last night were either here last year or we dont own them. We havent moved on at all.

In fairness mate, that ain't Megson's fault surely the above statement illustrates the limitations and poor judgement of Mandaric and Allen :102:

Ginger Mourinho?

They share the fact that they are both tossers in common.

de Vries - no loss, agreed. Hume?

Incidentally, the want away list includes at least one home grown player

If Hume wants out, I'd pack his bags for him. He'll never make it in the Prem. He's not good/prolific enough to be a main striker even in this league. He's a luxury player that we can ill afford. Last night, yet again, he did feck all and still the 'sheep' sing his name.

I presume Campbell is on the list. So what?

Who else?

If Hume wants out, I'd pack his bags for him. He'll never make it in the Prem. He's not good/prolific enough to be a main striker even in this league. He's a luxury player that we can ill afford. Last night, yet again, he did feck all and still the 'sheep' sing his name.

I presume Campbell is on the list. So what?

Who else?

I dont know all the names on the list, it's difficult to remember them all.

I dont know all the names on the list, it's difficult to remember them all.

Are you saying that they want out because of Megson?

A few weeks ago 'insiders' were saying half the squad wanted out because of Allen.

Is it the other half who want out now?

Fair enough. You instantly make your mind up and then ignore what you see. It's your right. All I'm doing is saying that you're deluded and you're wrong. I base my opinion on evidence. You base yours on ignorance. There is a place for us both in this world.

What I see is a side that destroyed the team now sitting firmly on top of the league (having not lost another game in this league), and for 45 minutes at least, playing the most exciting flowing attacking football that this club has seen in years

I then see a side playing a formation that they have utterly no idea how to play - probably because it died out about ten years ago
I see a side playing desperately defensive football, with no attacking/creative options open to it
I see a side where players are playing hopelessly out of position, with the inevitable outcome that follows
And I see a manager coming into a club (you know, the one that's just tonked Watford 4-1) and declaring that all the players are shit, unfit and ready to be relegated

That is the evidence base upon which I make my judgement, and I fail to see how any of it is ignorance

It is you that is suffering from delusion, I'm afraid. I find it quite amusing
Either that or you are a Grade A wind-up merchant (in which case I would accept that it's a good one)

Last edited:
Wasn't that old news related to MA2?

No. There were certainly players who were worried about their place under MA2. But in this case the unsatisfied ones include some of the crowd-pleasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58