Greatest City goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Steve Howards goal

If thats the volley from just outside tthe box then thats the one for me too..by a country mile

i thought it was the one where he beat about 4 players before scoring. Cant find it on youtube though, thats just from me seeing it on some clip show when he died or on the History of LCFC DVD from a few years back or something, so im probably wrong

Last edited:
nostalgia eh?

it's not what it used to be

Gradels against MK Dons was better then Howards imo

Yes I agree. It depends on whether you judge a goal to be great on its quality or its significance on the result

Howard's goal was VERY significant, and good.

Gradel's goal was significant and great.

Nalis's goal against Leeds was great.

Joey's outrageous half-way line goal was great.

Muzzy's overhead kick was just amazing.

I don't think I have ever celebrated a goal as much as on Monday.

One of my all time favourite goals was David Lowe's in the 3-1 win at home to Spurs in the 1994/95 Premier League season, our first home win. That will always be one of my all-time favourite City matches.

Muzzy's goal at Grimsby is one of my recent favourites and not just cos I was there and some of Les Ferdinand's goals his last minute equaliser at Bolton and at the Walkers against Southampton and the ones already mentioned Joeys goal Nalis' goal Muzzys at Spurs Roosters goal Wellers against Luton and against Liverpool. Birch's 50 yarder? against Leeds. Wortho scored some crackers too one I remember against Liverpool I think. Also Farrington and Glover scored some crackers
For both significance and what a goal Steve Claridge's Wembley goal in 96 takes some beating
It's on the link below but you have to wade through a bit as it shows the last few games of that season beforehand including Parkers cracking goal against Stoke and Muzzy's 1st ever goal against Watford. The memories come flooding back though perhaps we can get back to Wembley next season?
One current City player played an important role that day at Wembley anyone know who before watching the video?

http://bentleysroof.magnify.net/video/LCFC-95-96-PART-7

Last edited:
Muzzy's goal at Grimsby is one of my recent favourites and not just cos I was there and some of Les Ferdinand's goals his last minute equaliser at Bolton and at the Walkers against Southampton and the ones already mentioned Joeys goal Nalis' goal Muzzys at Spurs Roosters goal Wellers against Luton and against Liverpool. Birch's 50 yarder? against Leeds. Wortho scored some crackers too one I remember against Liverpool I think. Also Farrington and Glover scored some crackers
For both significance and what a goal Steve Claridge's Wembley goal in 96 takes some beating
It's on the link below but you have to wade through a bit as it shows the last few games of that season beforehand including Parkers cracking goal against Stoke and Muzzy's 1st ever goal against Watford. The memories come flooding back though perhaps we can get back to Wembley next season?
One current City player played an important role that day at Wembley anyone know who before watching the video?

http://bentleysroof.magnify.net/video/LCFC-95-96-PART-7

it must be one of the older players now, Howard? Oakley? Powell?

edit: wait, shit! it was against Palace, it mustve been Marc Edworthy! :)

Last edited:
One of the best feelings I've felt when a goal was scored was our 3rd goal against Swindon.
Dead and buried at 3 -0 down, then a fantastic comeback only to be undone by a contraversial penalty for the second year running.

difficult to pick out a single goal as there has been so many that were truly brilliant, but one that sticks out for me was Keith Wellers against Newcastle at Filbert St, the ball came to him at the edge of the box direct from a corner and he hit it sweetly on the volley

IOne of my all time favourite goals was David Lowe's in the 3-1 win at home to Spurs in the 1994/95 Premier League season, our first home win. That will always be one of my all-time favourite City matches.
I was right in line with that. Great goal!

Most of the best ones I've seen have been mentioned, but what about Claridge's goal against Manure in the Fizzy Pop Cup (I think), the backheeled one-two with Heskey? Or Heskey's thunderbolt against Arsenal after Wenger had told his defence to get him on his left foot as he couldn't do anything that way...

In terms of significance it has to be Walshies goal against Derby in the Playoffs in 94 which was a huge relief after the previous 2 years.

My favourite goal is Muzzy Izzets 30 yard volley against Spurs which I am convinced kept Martin O'Niel at the club at that time.

Then there is Steve Thompsons last minute free kick winner against Derby (in 94?).

Then there is ................................................. loads more

Last edited:
Re: Steve Howards goal

claridge's volley from a heskey back heeled volley vs. man utd in the coca cola cup.

From when it left Heskey's foot it never touched the floor til it was in the net. Remember having the Man Utd team coach behind us as we headed for the motorway, and we were sticking the Vs up at Paul Scholes who was sat in the seat next to the driver. Feck knows why he was sat there:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669