Guppy- Do we Want Him?

Do you think we should get Guppy?

  • No, Go to Wigan and send us Rogers back!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    49
Status
Not open for further replies.

FOX MENTAL

New Member
Don't you realise though, if we dont buy guppy then Wigan will get him and we will be stuck with Rogers!!!!

The deal would pay for itself!!!! :lol:
 

MKFox

New Member
i'd sign Barton as well.
i just wouldn't pay them a huge amount
win bonuses, cleansheet and goal/goal assists bonuses should make up the majority of their money
 

FOX MENTAL

New Member
Lets be realistic, if we get rid of the oppurtunity to get Gupps, the Wigan will get him and they wont wan't Gupps and Rogers!!!!!!
 

sheffield_fox

New Member
I wouldnt waste any money or wages on him personally, we knew how good he was for so many years at leicester but he's clearly nowhere near the player he used to be as MON knew how good he was but still hardly ever plays him for celtic so he can't have improved all that much. I would rather micky uses the little money he has for wages to buy a decent right winger, if only flamin gillespie came good :evil:
 

step

Active Member
Dont Blaim Guppy

All of you that watched guppy play while akinbadbuy was playing will remember the grief he gave guppy when he (akincantkick) miss kicked one of guppys briliant crosses. Remember akinmissedgoals was missing 2/3 open goals in every match and akinblameguppy used to shout and rant at PT how bad guppys crosses were.

One of guppys crosses was so good it bounced of akinlookingthewrongways ass and went in, another hit akinshitforbrain on the back of the head and went in. Guppy should have been credited with those two goals.

I know, the master of football PT listened to akincostalot and also blamed guppy. Result. Guppy gets demotivated, stops crossing balls and akinthetosser carried on missing opetunities.

MON knew guppy could perform and took him celtic and though Guppy did not play often, half way though his second season at celtic guppy had more assists than any other.

Can he perform again? I really hope so.
What we save on Rogers can pay Guppy
 

londonfox

Well-Known Member
Guppy would quite possibly be the worst signing in the history of our club at this stage of his career.
 

Orifice

Well-Known Member
Ok Guppy cant defend or tackle but he can still take players on (sometimes) and do the Killer Cross. If we pay him on a ratio of goals he creates thats fine!
Oh crap, Spurs 2-0 up already
 

Fox Fan

Well-Known Member
I remeber a similar coversation when we signed Paul Dickov....And we all know how that one turned ou!!

Have faith in MA as im sure he knows what hes doing - look at our team, Most of us thought Ferdinand was crap (in a similar covo to this). People were unsure about Howey - and in thefirst game of this season Elliott looked 10 years younger and one of the best players on the pitch!!

Don't pre-judge players, we know what MA and Corky can do with players (Benji) and theres no reason why he can't do it agian!
 

Malf

New Member
Re: Dont Blaim Guppy

step said:
All of you that watched guppy play while akinbadbuy was playing will remember the grief he gave guppy when he (akincantkick) miss kicked one of guppys briliant crosses. Remember akinmissedgoals was missing 2/3 open goals in every match and akinblameguppy used to shout and rant at PT how bad guppys crosses were.

One of guppys crosses was so good it bounced of akinlookingthewrongways ass and went in, another hit akinshitforbrain on the back of the head and went in. Guppy should have been credited with those two goals.

I know, the master of football PT listened to akincostalot and also blamed guppy. Result. Guppy gets demotivated, stops crossing balls and akinthetosser carried on missing opetunities.

MON knew guppy could perform and took him celtic and though Guppy did not play often, half way though his second season at celtic guppy had more assists than any other.

Can he perform again? I really hope so.
What we save on Rogers can pay Guppy
Dear me I don't think i've ever been so bored in my life reading that, what aload of shit! Guppy lost the plot in O'Neills last season at Leicester and got worse and worse, he can't even get in to a micky mouse scottish team. He's 4 years older than he was when he used to play for Leicester and definately not premiership standard, just because the transfer market has taken a turn for the worst doesn't mean the standard of quality has dropped in the premiership and Guppy would be a shocking buy irrespective of being on a free transfer. I'd turn my nose up at getting fat boy Lennon back and he's miles better than Guppy who's got a brick in his boots.

This signing old wankers business is all well and good if they were technically sound when they were in their peak but Guppy wasn't, the same with Hignett and it's just a waste of £5-8k a week!!
 

Babylon

Active Member
Guppy was feckin shite the first time he was here... why would we want him back? If he was a horse he would of been shot by now!
 

Joe_Fox

Well-Known Member
He wasn't shite - he was the best crosser of the ball we have had in ages!
And that goal against Spurs, well if that's being crap then bring it on!
 

Malf

New Member
Joe_Fox said:
He wasn't shite - he was the best crosser of the ball we have had in ages!
And that goal against Spurs, well if that's being crap then bring it on!
Joe, he was crap for the last two years he was at City and he was so incosistent his whole time he was here. Yes he was a good crosser, but he couldn't beat a man which is whats needed when your a winger, plus we've got no-one who can beat a man and we desperately need someone. He can't tackle and when he played wing back he got confused on breaking forward.
 

lazzer

Moderator
i never believe in bringing players back i think its a step back and we should move forward.yes he could cross a ball and yes he played for england but you cant bring back moments in time (if you could i'd have long hair down to me arse a 28inch waist,flares,and 3 birds on the go)
move on its a new era
 

Malf

New Member
lazzer said:
i never believe in bringing players back i think its a step back and we should move forward.yes he could cross a ball and yes he played for england but you cant bring back moments in time (if you could i'd have long hair down to me arse a 28inch waist,flares,and 3 birds on the go)
move on its a new era
Beautifully written you are a genius my friend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

How many posts would you like to see on each page?

  • 10

  • 20

  • 30

  • 40

  • 50

  • 75

  • 100

  • No preference


Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest posts

Top