Harbro's English Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I didn't think of what a rigmarole (cheers lako :icon_wink)

No problem, we can all make an effort to bring stunning words like 'Rigmarole' to the fore front of the English language.

I think we're probably the last people to appreciate and understand proper English...soon all of our dictionary's

:icon_roll

:icon_bigg

isn't English GCSE all coursework, that's read by the teacher before submittance?

:018:

submittance - the act of submitting to something

submission - the act of submitting something

I think we're probably the last people to appreciate and understand proper English

I got as far as that and had to stop. English has constantly evolved and what is happening now is no different than any other generation of change.

Similarly the older people of the generation all bemoan this change. No-body says Daddio anymore, or verily, both of which are our loss :icon_bigg

I got as far as that and had to stop. English has constantly evolved and what is happening now is no different than any other generation of change.

Similarly the older people of the generation all bemoan this change. No-body says Daddio anymore, or verily, both of which are our loss :icon_bigg

It was a bit tongue in cheek, flower :icon_bigg. Meant to be anyway :icon_conf

WTF?! You expect people to press the buttons on the keypad 5 time to make ok, when they could do it in 2 clicks and get k?

Even I, at my advanced stage of life, only click twice for 'ok'.

No problem, we can all make an effort to bring stunning words like 'Rigmarole' to the fore front of the English language.

forefront

Callipygous is a good word

Try to use it as often as you can

Clearly, because they never taught you to use a capital I
Why would i put a capital letter in the middle of a word?
:icon_wink

I think we're probably the last people to appreciate and understand proper English, it's dying and soon all of our dictionary's will be filled with lol's, rofl's, brb's, l8rz and the like.

I blame mobile phones. When I was a kid I knew all of my friends parents telephone numbers in my head. Now I think I only know my Dads off by heart, I don't even know my own! I have become lazy :mad:

And texting is the same. Abbreviations and mis-spelt words are in most of the text messages I receive. The one I hate the most is 'k' instead of 'ok'. How much harder is it to put OK?

It's even worse when they write 'kk'. Why??? Even on a keyboard the letters are right next to each other.

Other examples would be tu/tuu, tuunite, yuu.

It's even worse when they write 'kk'. Why??? Even on a keyboard the letters are right next to each other.

Other examples would be tu/tuu, tuunite, yuu.

So it can't even be blamed on laziness!

Callipygous is a good word

Try to use it as often as you can

A new one on me. But I'll certainly keep my eyes open and do my best to use the word at least daily.

A new one on me. But I'll certainly keep my eyes open and do my best to use the word at least daily.

It's a good word to use for excercising your mouth. Much better than the method MK tells me to use.

It's a good word to use for excercising your mouth. Much better than the method MK tells me to use.

Yea but you don't get the calories with Homers suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669