Hartlepool Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down guys!!
We are not loosing games although it is quite obvious we are having a blip. Just take a look at Wolves they were way ahead but are now down to 3 points clear.
We now have 70 points with 14 games to play, if we draw every game we are still on 84 points I think the trees were promoted on 80.
Millwall and Scunny have 3 games on us but they have to win them and if they do they will be 8 and 9 points behind us! Also they have to play us.
One thing that I noticed though is that the blip seemed to start when Tunch got injured and Davis went to Bolton.

The maths are easy.

If MK Dons win their 2 games in hand, they will be 4 points behind.

Scunthorpe can get to within 8 points of us, and Millwall 9.

Thats if they win these games in hand. Not as easy as it sounds.

Simples!

And please remember that one of Millwalls & MK Dons games in hand is against each other, so the points behind us for either of them could be bigger.

Calm down guys!!
We are not loosing games although it is quite obvious we are having a blip. Just take a look at Wolves they were way ahead but are now down to 3 points clear.
We now have 70 points with 14 games to play, if we draw every game we are still on 84 points I think the trees were promoted on 80.
Millwall and Scunny have 3 games on us but they have to win them and if they do they will be 8 and 9 points behind us! Also they have to play us.
One thing that I noticed though is that the blip seemed to start when Tunch got injured and Davis went to Bolton.

Really? I noticed that we have scored 4 goals against twice in that time against Huddersfield & Walsall (that game in particular described as our best performance of the season).

Last edited:
Soz I can't do accents =grave, acute, little pointy hats, or cedillas on this puter.

I'll let you into a secret. You can do accents on any computer. Just hold ALT while you type in a 4-number code on your number pad, then release ALT - hey presto!!

ALT+0231 = ç
ALT+0224 = à
ALT+0226 = â
ALT+0233 = é

Subtract 32 for the uppercase equivalent.

Other useful ones:

ALT+0188 = ¼
ALT+0189 = ½
ALT+0190 = ¾

There are loads more.

Bury your heads in the sand as much as you like, but this is yet another lost opportunity. We should have enough but it's a fine line we are treading right now, and I have a nasty feeling that we are going to limp along like this for some time

There is a point at which the team will start looking worryingly over their shoulders, and that is the time that panic sets in - already signs of that from Pearson by playing Morrison at right back and continuing with a hopelessly out of form Dyer (I would include Fryatt in there, but the Mongies might kill me)

Win at Brizzle and it's back to coasting along - but anything less and it becomes a very uncomfortable trip to Franchise Bastards FC

Bury your heads in the sand as much as you like, but this is yet another lost opportunity. We should have enough but it's a fine line we are treading right now, and I have a nasty feeling that we are going to limp along like this for some time

There is a point at which the team will start looking worryingly over their shoulders, and that is the time that panic sets in - already signs of that from Pearson by playing Morrison at right back and continuing with a hopelessly out of form Dyer (I would include Fryatt in there, but the Mongies might kill me)

Win at Brizzle and it's back to coasting along - but anything less and it becomes a very uncomfortable trip to Franchise Bastards FC

Got to agree with Homer's overview. It's not quite right is it? There appears to be less confidence in finishing off inferior opposition than there was a month ago(Walsall apart!)

However as suggested, a win at Bristol Rovers and a slip by MKD at Tranmere and we are laughing again.

We are going up, that's not an issue, but I want to go up as Champions!

Let's not count any chicken before they hatch ok?

Even though I predicted a draw before the game it is still hard to be happy when you let in a late goal.

I think people will stop panicking once the other teams have played their games in hand and we know where we stand. At the moment people are just counting those games as all wins, which won't be the case.

old fart talking now...

in the 1971 season where we were unbeaten in 19- we had a january /february spell where after a bad christmas including a 4-1 home drubbing by BHAM we drew against lowly watford and oxford united (i remember ron atkinson scoring at filbert street) - city pulled there socks up got some good away wins at millwall and carlisle and then on easter monday put in a brazil display against luton town where rodney fern was inspired.
the gap widened again as we saw off luton cardiff -hull and sheff united and on the last game of the season at pompey ran all over fratton park singing silly songs and clapping and screaming

ok so we are in div 3 but so were villa in 76 wba were aswell and
man city - we have only lost 2 games all season- we have in what can be considered a bad spell (last six games- won 2 and drawn 4)
we are only top six side undefeated.

the side is not perfect yet-but the characters are emerging and people
can look at a team sheet week in and week out and know who's playing

leicester fans if anything like me are eternal pessimists who cherish the positives but adopt i told you so attitude for the negative's

recently i went to a champions league game in holland PSV vs Liverpool
and PSV were 3-1 down-the PSV fans were singing,drumming and thumping the ground even when they were loosing and going out-
they believed their club is the best. what leicester and the kop need
is passionate drum banging,firework cracking ,flag waving,banner surfing
bunch who are worth a goal before the game starts!!

the good days are just around the corner.. enjoy the moments

Let's not count any chicken before they hatch ok?

I'm not counting chickens but maybe the bookies are... 1/25 with most and 1/100 with Skybets on a City promotion. If you look at the recent form of the chasing play-off back all have been more inconsistent than us of late and the gap to 3rd place is massive, even with games in hand.

It's letting MK Dons back into the hunt for the title that gives me a little more concern. We need to win a couple to reduce the need to look over our shoulders. A win at Franchise FC would work wonders!

:038::038: which is precisely why i think our unbeaten run will come to an end sooner rather than later

I'm not counting chickens but maybe the bookies are... 1/25 with most and 1/100 with Skybets on a City promotion. If you look at the recent form of the chasing play-off back all have been more inconsistent than us of late and the gap to 3rd place is massive, even with games in hand.

It's letting MK Dons back into the hunt for the title that gives me a little more concern. We need to win a couple to reduce the need to look over our shoulders. A win at Franchise FC would work wonders!

I honestly dont care if MK Dons catch us up. I want automatic promotion I dont care if we finish top or 2nd.

The good thing is that we have dropped points in recent games yet Scunthorpe and Millwall (who IMO are most likely to catch us) have also been dropping points.

Will we shoot down MK dons 4-0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670