Hartlepool Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not too worried. Only a slight blip of form. We can't win every game. The chasing pack will have a difficult time catching up, just in terms of the number of games they have to play in a small period of time. Most of them have two games a week, every week for the month of March.

I honestly dont care if MK Dons catch us up.

I do - we have to stay ahead of two teams, and Franchise Bastards FC is one of the most likely candidates

If Scunny or Millwall also start to put a run together, then it's brown trouser time

The minute we allow one team to catch us up is the moment we fall apart due to nerves

If Scunny or Millwall also start to put a run together, then it's brown trouser time

The minute we allow one team to catch us up is the moment we fall apart due to nerves

Get a grip. Every team has a blip during the season. If this is ours and we're still not losing then what the hell is there to worry about. We're not playing well and still have enough to beat every team in the this league. Last night we weren't great, but we still got a result.

What are you basing the 'fall apart' comment on exactly?

I refuse to listen to scaremongering that we're not going up this season.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if 86 points isn't enough for a top two finish this season. That would require us to take 16 points from the next 14 games. So we can afford to draw 13 and win 1 of our remaining games and still go up, especially with our goal difference. There is nothing wrong with drawing matches in that context.

It does also have to be said that the standard of teams in this league is absolute shite. Losing games is actually quite difficult to do.

I think the form is dropping away because too many people seem to think that the job is done. Though to be fair, they're probably right.

Nigel Pearson has shown the exact right attitude throughout. If he could have kept his owners mouth shut the other week whilst he was slobbering about promotion being in the bag and preparing for a promotion to the Prem next season, NP might have kept the same attitude and momentum going amongst the players.

I really couldn’t care less about this unbeaten run we are on. If we hadn’t fecked up at Withdean we would have passed that ages ago.

We are playing teams with a fraction of the budget we spend.

Big win next time neaded to steady the boat.

thats what i have been thinking, now he has a new contract , before great, now total shit

Every strike goes for a period where he doesnt score. Anelka went 10 games for Chelsea without scoring before netting on Saturday. It has only been three games since Fryatts last goal.

There was nothing wrong with the effort he put in last night, he'll start scoring again before long.

mabe ? no one has said anything about the 18 match unbeaten record, maybe the players are trying to beat the club record, and are not being postive enough, because they dont want to lost ?

I do - we have to stay ahead of two teams, and Franchise Bastards FC is one of the most likely candidates

:bang:

Is there anyone who would rather be in MK Dons, Scunny or Millwall's position?

That really sums up the situation then, thread over.

For Christ's sake! Man the bilge pumps we're sinking fast!

:icon_lol:Yeah may have been a sensational comment I made.

But in some ways that is what is needed just to reaffirm our presence at the top. Right now I wouldn't swap with the teams below us but they must be fancying their chances.

Last edited:
I do not believe that Matty Fryatt is not trying. He will desperately want the glory of being the top scorer in all four divisiolns if he can. I think the main problem has been the poor form of Lloyd Dyer. Until around November Dyer was breaking down defences. When his form first dropped off this was not a problem as Daviews was breaking them down. Now with Davies gone it becomes a problem. Far from not trying I would guess Matty is trying too hard just as Ade Akinbiyi did a few years back. Striking is about musclememory. You need to react - if you take time to think about it you will tense up. A few weeks back Matty was expecting to score and his body was doing the rest.

You 'see' French? Hey hey! This must be a synaesthese par excellence............

Yes 'see' French.
As in, for example, when somebody types something in French on an internet forum. :icon_roll

si French?

Well I was a tad pissed off when comedy defending allowed Hartlepool to get a late equalizer.......

But I think the midfield put on a better showing last night than in recent weeks.

Morrison should never have been played at fullback, and he was lucky to escape a yellow card early on, though it wasn't the only thing the ref got wrong last night.:icon_roll

Haven't seen the replays on the penos yet but from my only view it looked like their player dived and that Berner 'invited' the golaie to make a challenge, He certainly was looking for the opportunity to go down.
TBH I thought the challenge on Fryatt late on was more of a peno than either of the two the ref gave!

Bury your heads in the sand as much as you like, but this is yet another lost opportunity. We should have enough but it's a fine line we are treading right now, and I have a nasty feeling that we are going to limp along like this for some time

There is a point at which the team will start looking worryingly over their shoulders, and that is the time that panic sets in - already signs of that from Pearson by playing Morrison at right back and continuing with a hopelessly out of form Dyer (I would include Fryatt in there, but the Mongies might kill me)

Win at Brizzle and it's back to coasting along - but anything less and it becomes a very uncomfortable trip to Franchise Bastards FC

On a good run Bristol Rovers,it won't be easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670