Hartlepool Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah good, because reading some of the ratings on here, thought I was going mad and had listened to something completely different.

Im all for praise where its due, but backing King, for what I can only assume is him being a local lad, is just daft, the lad has been poor since the start of the season. I think he will be a decent player, but I'd change it. And dont give me the, we are winning so lets not change things..... how do we know that we wont win 3,4,5-0 etc etc with someone else in there who can look after themselves and not get steamrollered?

Ah good, because reading some of the ratings on here, thought I was going mad and had listened to something completely different.

Im all for praise where its due, but backing King, for what I can only assume is him being a local lad, is just daft, the lad has been poor since the start of the season. I think he will be a decent player, but I'd change it. And dont give me the, we are winning so lets not change things..... how do we know that we wont win 3,4,5-0 etc etc with someone else in there who can look after themselves and not get steamrollered?

My retort was giving a player 0. That's just preposterous, (that's a nice word..<if I've spelt it right>.).

As for King, he appears to be a marmite sort of player, either love him or hate him.

That's unadulterated rubbish. I judge players on one criteria and one criteria alone. Their contribution to the team.

King played well today.

As for King, he appears to be a marmite sort of player, either love him or hate him.
I neither love him, nor hate him. I think he will come good, but not yet.

He's there by default, but good look to the guy.

My retort was giving a player 0. That's just preposterous, (that's a nice word..<if I've spelt it right>.).

I would say a 0 is harsh on any player, surely they deserve something for getting their kit on.

I dont hate King, just feel he has overstayed his welcome in the team as his performances have been below what i'd expect of a regular, and i think someone else deserves a chance.

That's unadulterated rubbish. I judge players on one criteria and one criteria alone. Their contribution to the team.

King played well today.

Not from what i heard(and not just today either), neither him nor Fryatt played well at all. Also, I feel King is cut some slack for being a local boy, not saying people would say he was great when he wasnt, but I think he is afforded alot more than others in the team.

But this forum is all about opinions, even if some are total rubbish and obviously wrong :icon_bigg

If only we had someone who could score without missing 10 first!!!
For me that isn't so much the problem. Although I'd have the figure at 15 chances, and easy f**king chances at that.

Today there were plenty of occasions where players were in better positions than him to score, but he refused to pass them. One time he even took the ball off of a player who was teeing up a shot.

He's a professional footballer, not a hero. He needs to realise that.

For me that isn't so much the problem. Although I'd have the figure at 15 chances, and easy f**king chances at that.

Today there were plenty of occasions where players were in better positions than him to score, but he refused to pass them. One time he even took the ball off of a player who was teeing up a shot.

He's a professional footballer, not a hero. He needs to realise that.

Sounds like hes getting humeitis, and the crowd are are falling for it. Have they started shouting his name when he blazes one into row Z, or tries to get past 5 players and falls over?

Sounds like hes getting humeitis, and the crowd are are falling for it. Have they started shouting his name when he blazes one into row Z, or tries to get past 5 players and falls over?
Yes.

"Matty Fryatt du du du du"

Fryatt's scored six league goals in seven.

The jury's definitely out on his ability at Championship level but he's played very well this season.

Fryatt's scored six league goals in seven.

The jury's definitely out on his ability at Championship level but he's played very well this season.

At no point have i questioned that, but I just wish he would convert more of the chances thats come his way, same goes for Howard. And as Melts has said, hes no hero or superman and should be looking at playing in others in stead of wasting chances. Again today he should have scored 3 at least, but again today he wasted most of what he was given.

I don't rate them as against each other, I rate them at what they did and maybe to wha\t is their limit. TBF I would have dropped Hobbs instead of Morrison, that was something I couldn't understand today, Powell was steady and nothing more.
Fryatt did a lot of running but with no real end product, and Howard did not play the worst I have seen, so it would be fair to say they played to 60%.
Dyer gets an 8 and was my M Of M

Nigel P said on the radio afterwards that Morrison has played really well so far this season, but being a young player he thought it was time to give him a rest.

I don't get this King constant slagging off stuff. For several seasons we have moaned about central midfield players not getting into the box quick enough to support the strikers, King is consistently doing this.

Not saying King is brilliant, but I think Oakley is playing at around the same level.

The fans on the radio afterwards seem to return to pick on Howard day, again don't he was that bad - a couple of times he should have been on the end of crosses and wasn't - seems to me they need to work more on the training ground on where Howard & Fryatt should be when Dyer or Adams centre - the winger who isn't crossing always seems to be in the same position (so they have clear instructions, not apparent for MF & SH)

Well he doesn't mind changing the defence about, what with him resting Morrison who has been doing ok.

King wasn't too bad today. Didn't do much though, can't tackle for toffee either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670