Hartlepool Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder if Liverpool/Arsenal will let us buy Hobbs/Martin/Gilbert...

probably not.. but it's not as though they are destined to break into the first teams

probably not.. but it's not as though they are destined to break into the first teams

Hobbs will never make it, not a chance. They will off load him sooner or later, but I'm not sure we should first in line with the chequebook

Gilbert may well make it in a couple of years time, but not at a club like Arsenal. But they won't sell him yet

Hard to judge keepers, really - Martin looks quite decent and may well get a lot better with experience. We won't get a sniff, I suspect

Hard to judge keepers, really - Martin looks quite decent and may well get a lot better with experience. We won't get a sniff, I suspect

We probably won't, but does anybody seriously think that he will ever make Liverpools first team? I don't.

Martin 7 - Pulled off one great save and solid clearing up
Gilbert 6 - Not his best game
Hobbs 6 - As above, got caught out a couple of times
Tunchev 7 - No nonsense
Powell 7 - Solid game, made few mistakes
Adams 7 - Did well, some good runs and touches
Oakley 6 - Did o.k and got the goal (nearly fecked it up though)
King 4 - Never in the game
Dyer 8 - MOM by a mile, he attacked with nearly every touch he had
Fryatt 6 - Got in some good positions, but made the wrong choices, lack of pace so obvious.
Howard 6 - Hot and cold day, held the ball up well at times and a few good passes.

Martin 7
Gilbert 6
Hobbs 6
Tunchev 6 1/2
Powell 6
Adams 7
Oakley 7
King 7
Dyer 8
Fryatt 7
Howard 6

I thought King played well - on a pair with Oakley anyway - Hobbs passing was rubbish at times. Tunchev looked solid most of the game, but a couple of times got beat too easily. Adams ran around a lot and got in good positions but really needs to work on this crossing.
Dyer tore there left back apart.
Fryatt and Howard need to learn to pass to each other. I think Fryatt must have been told to be more selfish. As for the 10/1 chances/goals debate with Fryatt...No striker converts all there chances and we're a League one side and Fryatts a League one striker at the moment. Have a bit of realism as to how good these players are going to be.

I believe Hobbs is available to buy.I think they want to keep Martin though (which will upset YV)

Last edited:
i just dont think he is any better than what weve got, fulop is/was streets ahead of martin imo, how many games has martin played for liverpool

He's only young and may improve whereas Henderson probably won't.You would like if he was from Hull:)

basically - we need to move adams inside at the expense of king and try that for a game. King didn't get into the game and needs to work on his role in training and the reserves. is he a screening player who distributes right and left - or is he an attacking midfielder further up the pitch. he doesn't seem to know.

for me - in the next game we should try the following team - if gradel is fit.

martin

gilbert morrisson tunchev berner

oakley

gradel adams dyer

Fryatt Dickov

Subs: howard, king, hobbs, hendo, campbell/king

We've just won two games on the bounce

Why the feck would we change half the feckin' team ?

I give in sometimes, I really do

basically - we need to move adams inside at the expense of king and try that for a game. King didn't get into the game and needs to work on his role in training and the reserves. is he a screening player who distributes right and left - or is he an attacking midfielder further up the pitch. he doesn't seem to know.

for me - in the next game we should try the following team - if gradel is fit.

martin

gilbert morrisson tunchev berner

oakley

gradel adams dyer

Fryatt Dickov

Subs: howard, king, hobbs, hendo, campbell/king

And all these decisions are based on the evidence of what?

There is a great difference of opinion on King's contribution to the side recently, it's a just a question of who you believe. You haven't actually seen him play at all, but you are ready to bin him despite many people believing him to be motm in the recent past.

Nobody has seen any strength in Gradel's play recently, yet you are willing to play him in order to allow Adams to move inside.You have no evidence at at all of Adams' ability in the centre of midfield, but you are willing to put him there in the middle of a new formation.

Bonkers!

I like it when conkers are on the ground. It reminds me of yester-year and happy times.

meh, i've not been a game yet, so i'll keep schtum :)

There is a great difference of opinion on King's contribution to the side recently, it's a just a question of who you believe. You haven't actually seen him play at all, but you are ready to bin him despite many people believing him to be motm in the recent past.

Nobody has seen any strength in Gradel's play recently, yet you are willing to play him in order to allow Adams to move inside.You have no evidence at at all of Adams' ability in the centre of midfield, but you are willing to put him there in the middle of a new formation.

Bonkers!

:icon_lol::038:

Bonkers!

I've seen King play and I would sell him or give him away! Useless lump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566