Help/advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Vixen

I wont go into all the details but basically I took delivery of a flat pack chest of drawers last week and the box was damaged but the delivery bloke got me to sign for it and to state it was damaged, checked inside and the top part of the chest of drawers has a crack/split on it measuring about 12 inches - were not happy about it especially with all the other hassles we have had with the ordering company!!!

So, who do I get in touch with??? Is it the company I placed the order with, the company who supply the furniture or the delivery company???

If I get in touch with the order company wont they try and fob me off saying its not their problem etc, or try and get us to foot the bill for returning the damaged drawers or any other outstanding delivery charges (wouldnt mind a exchange as its part of a set)

I wont go into all the details but basically I took delivery of a flat pack chest of drawers last week and the box was damaged but the delivery bloke got me to sign for it and to state it was damaged, checked inside and the top part of the chest of drawers has a crack/split on it measuring about 12 inches - were not happy about it especially with all the other hassles we have had with the ordering company!!!

So, who do I get in touch with??? Is it the company I placed the order with, the company who supply the furniture or the delivery company???

If I get in touch with the order company wont they try and fob me off saying its not their problem etc, or try and get us to foot the bill for returning the damaged drawers or any other outstanding delivery charges (wouldnt mind a exchange as its part of a set)
We had a similar problem with some vases that we ordered once. We coudln't inspect everyone that was delivered and when we unpacked them some were broken.

We went back to the company we paid our money to as this is the company you have a "contract" with. Its up to them to sort it out from there I would say. Im sure some of the legal bods on here will correct me if Im wrong.

If you are still not sure, citizens advice might be able to help if you give them a call?

We had a similar problem with some vases that we ordered once. We coudln't inspect everyone that was delivered and when we unpacked them some were broken.

We went back to the company we paid our money to as this is the company you have a "contract" with. Its up to them to sort it out from there I would say. Im sure some of the legal bods on here will correct me if Im wrong.

If you are still not sure, citizens advice might be able to help if you give them a call?

Thats correct, the company who took the money are resposnsible.

With damage you need to get on to them ASAP ie the same day really.

Thats correct, the company who took the money are resposnsible.

With damage you need to get on to them ASAP ie the same day really.

Yorkie do it now. They may have a time limit on claims for damage. (Ours is within 7 days).

I rang them they said I shouldve reported it within 24/48hrs as I knew box was damaged, might be able to get the top replaced instead of whole thing, theyre ringing me to let me know if thats possible and if so there could well be a charge for it - not happy as I placed the order over 5 months ago and have been messed about with waiting for this part of the set and now the fecker is damaged:mad:

You have 7 days to return the goods under the distance selling regs. As you signed for it damaged they really don't have a leg to stand on.

That's right.

Bypass the CAB and contact Consumer Direct; chances are you'll be directed to them ultimately.

As far as I know the stuff about the Sales of Goods Act is also correct, and that goods must be sold fit for purpose. I don't know if a time limit is applicable, there could be all manner of reasons why the damage wouldn't be noted within the first 24/48 hours, but as I didn't study consumer law, I have no clue!! I've only had to look at things from the contractual point of view.

One thing I do remember is there is an implied term that goods must be delivered by a competent and capable carrier.

I wont go into all the details but basically I took delivery of a flat pack chest of drawers last week and the box was damaged but the delivery bloke got me to sign for it and to state it was damaged, checked inside and the top part of the chest of drawers has a crack/split on it measuring about 12 inches

So, if I get this right, you need to take your drawers down to get the men to inspect whether there is any damage to your box...and to do that you'd like them to see if they can measure 12" into the crack?

Just ask them nicely, I'm sure they'd oblige.

You have 7 days to return the goods under the distance selling regs. As you signed for it damaged they really don't have a leg to stand on.

They will try and claim their rules are different of course, so many people take the absolute crap they say as fact unfortunately

I studied the Sale of Goods Act briefly last year, but cant remember much about it annoyingly. Don't know if the Unfair Contract Terms Act would come into it or not because you signed for it.

It presumably rules out DPD and DHL.

I was sat outside the RMH in London a couple of weeks ago and an ambulance pulled up. Seems that they are now in partnership with DHL, so beware of having an accident in London.

RMH, DPD, DHL, UPS, HDN?

Is there a ****ing glossary available anywhere so that the more feeble minded can keep up with all you cool kids?

RMH, DPD, DHL, UPS, HDN?

Is there a ****ing glossary available anywhere so that the more feeble minded can keep up with all you cool kids?

Royal Marsden Hospital? and Home Delivery Network. As far as I am aware the others are actual names of delivery companies.

RMH, DPD, DHL, UPS, HDN?

DHL and UPS are 2 of the biggest delivery companies in the world and they are known by those names.

DHL and UPS are 2 of the biggest delivery companies in the world and they are known by those names.

When everybody descends into conversing using initials, they all look meaningless.

Just DPD to go then, Delhi Popadom Deliveries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566