Holiday online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

Does anyone have experience of booking holidays online?

I'm looking to book a holiday in July and am tempted to do it online, or is it better to go into a travel agents?

Who do you recommend as a good online site for booking?

Thank you.

I'm looking to book a holiday in July and am tempted to do it online, or is it better to go into a travel agents?

Thank you.

Depends who you use. I normally book with Thomsons, and they will match a web price in-store. I prefer it this way so I can go in and talk to someone if there is a problem or I need any other help.

Some companies are on-line only, and you can make massive savings by doing it this way.

Cheers Notts.

Also is it worth taking the insurance they offer or can you find it cheaper separately?

Cheers Notts.

Also is it worth taking the insurance they offer or can you find it cheaper separately?

The days of free insurance or hugely reduced when you book are long gone.

I normally book my insurance through [url="www.insureandgo.co.uk]Insure & Go[/url]

Thank you.

It largely depends on what kind of a holiday you want. If you can get yourself from the airport to the hotel and that kind of thing, you can save loads by booking on-line.

Use a budget airline (booking early) or book early on a major airline's own site. Book the hotel separately from somewhere like Expedia. Hire car from Holiday Autos. But if you just want a fortnight on the beach, it's probably just as cheap to go to a travel agent.

I booked a holiday to Florida a couple of years ago with First Choice no problems. If you book all the separate parts independently you can save a lot of money too but I must admit I didn't have the nerve.
If you've got a Tesco's clubcard you can buy insurance quite cheaply off the shelf.

I can recommend Portland.

I've always booked through them and never had a problem.

I've always sorted out my own insurance though as theirs is quite pricey.

I can recommend Portland.

I've always booked through them and never had a problem.

I've always sorted out my own insurance though as theirs is quite pricey.

I have used these too. They are part of the Thomson group. Never had any problems either.

Thanks for the help, all appreciated.

I have been to Portland Bill in Dorset about a thousand times in my life, no more.:icon_bigg

Thank you.

:018:

Think of your carbon footprint.............go Skeggy:icon_roll

:018:

Think of your carbon footprint.............go Skeggy:icon_roll

Been there far too many times also. :icon_conf

Me and my girlfriend are so scared of flying it's going to be a great laugh on the plane.:icon_cry:

You could try boating, at Wicksteed Park:icon_wink

:icon_redf
Had a go on a rowing boat there.

What I really want to do is a cruise from the UK, but I can't find that many options apart from the Scandinavian cruises which I would happily go on but my girfriend wants the sun.

Last edited:
Me and my girlfriend are so scared of flying it's going to be a great laugh on the plane.:icon_cry:

Then why not try France ??

Trains from Leicester straight into St Pancras International, and the Eurostar from the same staion into Paris Nord. If you book in advance this can be done extremely cheap, even more so now the megatrain fares have started from Leicester to London.

Boc has recently done this part when he went on his great adventure to Morocco, and will be able to help with Hotels / planning.

Then why not try France ??

Trains from Leicester straight into St Pancras International, and the Eurostar from the same staion into Paris Nord. If you book in advance this can be done extremely cheap, even more so now the megatrain fares have started from Leicester to London.

Boc has recently done this part when he went on his great adventure to Morocco, and will be able to help with Hotels / planning.

I quite fancy going to the south of France, is this just a case of getting another train from Paris?

:icon_redf
Had a go on a rowing boat there.

What I really want to do is a cruise from the UK, but I can't find that many options apart from the Scandinavian cruises which I would happily go on but my girfriend wants the sun.

Cruise down to the Canaries from Dover - but you will be stuck with a lot of older people with vastly different interests from you. I can't imagine that you would enjoy it.

I quite fancy going to the south of France, is this just a case of getting another train from Paris?

You can change in Paris - but you can also change at Lille and take a TGV that goes around Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566