Holloway Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont personally see how it can be viewed as anything other than a punishment for relegation.

Do you honestly not think that getting any team relegated to their lowest level in their entire history is not a sackable offence?

Even if it was Fergie or Wenger that took us down, they would still deserve to be shown the door.

:bang::bang::bang:

EDIT - Once again, could only take reading so much from the loonies I had to respond so haven't read the rest of the thread so appolgise if something similar has already been said.

EDIT2 - And also, sorry for singling you out Duzza but you do seem to be the main Ollie lover. :icon_conf

Last edited:
In the pantheon of daft statements made on the internet - that is one of the greatest.

What? I hate the ginger bitch and not a massive fan of the French either so would be no skin of my nose! :icon_wink

(you know what I mean though, just a bit shocked from all this ill-logical support for the feck-tard that took us down!)

I fought for stability, it has to be said. But, when thinking about it all now for a while, I simply cannot excuse the fact that Mr Holloway just was not up to the job, I'm afraid this really is the only fact.

What hurts me more Al is that he cared for the job and wanted to succeed. It was a nice feeling that and one which was more apparent in Ollie than others. He's still hurting now and will for a long time in his work in football over the past 12 months.

But he just wasn't cut out for it, he wasn't good and he wasn't average enough to get out of the relegation zone.

What hurts me more Al is that he cared for the job and wanted to succeed. It was a nice feeling that and one which was more apparent in Ollie than others. He's still hurting now and will for a long time in his work in football over the past 12 months.

But he just wasn't cut out for it, he wasn't good and he wasn't average enough to get out of the relegation zone.

100% right IMO..

My mates husband saw him yesterday in a petrol station, he was swearing a lot(IH that is) cos he had just bought a new car and instead of filling it up with petrol he had put diesel in it.

I thought it showed his ineptitude competely, and then realised he probably bought that car with some of his pay-off!

That does surprise me - petrol-engined cars nowadays have a filler into which diesel nozzles will not fit . Are you sure it wasn't a friend of a friend of your mate's husband that saw this incident?

Where's Newts these days?
Have you ever set up a marine tank, alex?

No you haven't. If you did you'd realise how much time and effort it takes to set it up and maintain it. Newts can't be expected to be at your beckoned call 24/7.

Have you ever set up a marine tank, alex?

No you haven't. If you did you'd realise how much time and effort it takes to set it up and maintain it. Newts can't be expected to be at your beckoned call 24/7.

I don't wish to be a pedant, but isn't it beck and call?

Faired income if not. :icon_wink

I don't wish to be a pedant, but isn't it beck and call?

Faired income if not. :icon_wink
It's which ever way you choose to say it.

To "beckon" is to call somebody over. What does "beck" mean?

Both are correct, but "beckoned" makes much more sense to me.

To "beckon" is to call somebody over. What does "beck" mean?

'Beck' is defined in the OED as 'being at someone's beck and call'

Sorry Melton - although your judgement about football issues is always absolutely spot on, I have to question whether you will win the TB Literature Prize this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Beck' is defined in the OED as 'being at someone's beck and call'

Sorry Melton - although your judgement about football issues is always absolutely spot on, I have to question whether you will win the TB Literature Prize this year.
I have no idea whether I'm wrong or right. But until I have 100% proof in front of me that I'm wrong, and is beyond the realms of dispute, then I'll agree.

Although "beck and call" is correct, I'm still convinced that my terminology is also correct.

I have no idea whether I'm wrong or right. But until I have 100% proof in front of me that I'm wrong, and is beyond the realms of dispute, then I'll agree.

Although "beck and call" is correct, I'm still convinced that my terminology is also correct.

OK - I am just emailing the editor of the Bucks Free News for a definitive view.

That does surprise me - petrol-engined cars nowadays have a filler into which diesel nozzles will not fit . Are you sure it wasn't a friend of a friend of your mate's husband that saw this incident?

Don't know nothing about cars.

I know Ben has made that mistake from time to time, but he drives a different car every day cos of work so sometimes forgets what fuel he's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566