Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument for replacing the manager seems to be that it MIGHT lead to an upturn in our fortunes in the short-term. I've already suggested why I don't think this would be the case (the performance against Bristol C did not look like a team that had given up). There would also be definite detrimental effects (pissing yet more money up the wall, cementing our image as a basket-case even more clearly). As for being able to get a manager who'd do a better job, well Holloway had all the credentials didn't he? And he's not doing very well to say the least. So why (assuming they'd come) would Davies, Dowie, Smedley or Godzilla be able to do any better? The only answer I can think of is blind hope, not logic.

I can't believe I'm arguing for the retention of a manager I think is a clown, but there it is. We're between a rock and a hard place, no mistake.

i guess its a matter of opinion what is deemed 'ended in tears'?? if escaping relegation has ended in tears then i would say that was a result :102: oh it would be division 3 not 1 :icon_wink:)

do you think we will go down if holloway remains in charge??

My heart says, "No", my head tells me that we have had it either way.

Good job that I never listen to my head! Of course we'll stay up!!!!!

I assume hes thinking of Cardiff.

:icon_lol: I don't think I would ever compare the might of Cardiff with the lowly Tesco.

:icon_wink

Just for the record, what is the definition for "all the credentials"?

He had a track record of doing reasonably well in this division with less resources than he would be afforded at our club, hence was a logical appointment.

We will never succeed until we give someone long enough to turn us around and that means sticking with them when the going gets tough as it inevitably will with a rebuilding job.

Some people need to realign expectation to somewhere approachng realism. We havent been in the Premiership for some time now and we havent even threatened to get back there since we left.

Let all pray we can scrape enough points together and stay up this season WITH HOLLOWAY and then give him the time he needs to turn this club around with the full backing of Mandaric. Get rid off Holloway now is so short sighted it's ridiculous.

Yep, thats gone swimingly so far hasn't it. Only Micky Adams since Peter Taylor has been given a reasonable amount of time.

You would rather stick with Holloway,I would rather change things.Neither of us is right,we just have to accept that we don't agree on this,you clearly think I don't know what I'm talking about but I can see where you are coming from because up until a few weeks ago I too wanted to stick with Holloway,however I have now changed my opinion and something needs to change.I respect your opinion but I'm not go trade blows anymore on this,I've made my point.If he stays then I hopre he does well and I won't be waiting for him to fall

:icon_lol: I don't think I would ever compare the might of Cardiff with the lowly Tesco.
:icon_wink

I think it's incredibly sad that there are people whose best hope is that Cardiff City go into administration.

I appreciate that there is a mind set amongst some genuine supporters that will find the most arcane reasons for keeping Holloway - but fortunately these fly in the face of how things generally work in football.

My guess is that whilst we wastefully agonise over this that Milan's people are working out his exit and who is going to try and salvage the season. I certainly hope and expect so - unless Milan has completely lost it, Holloway will be sacked for totally failing to improve our position and spending lots of other peoples' money en route. He may survive till Saturday but the anticipated defeat to the Baggies should finish the matter.

You would rather stick with Holloway,I would rather change things.Neither of us is right,we just have to accept that we don't agree on this,you clearly think I don't know what I'm talking about but I can see where you are coming from because up until a few weeks ago I too wanted to stick with Holloway,however I have now changed my opinion and something needs to change.I respect your opinion but I'm not go trade blows anymore on this,I've made my point.If he stays then I hopre he does well and I won't be waiting for him to fall

Cool.

He had a track record of doing reasonably well in this division with less resources than he would be afforded at our club, hence was a logical appointment.
OK, so somebody who has done "reasonably well in this division" is what we should be aiming for when looking for the next Manager?

I think it's incredibly sad that there are people whose best hope is that Cardiff City go into administration.

Furthermore it's clear that these people have no knowledge of the case against Cardiff and the unlikeliness of its success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669