Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
As was said in one of the threads, the mods clean it up. It even got a response from Steven if where he basically stuck up for me. :icon_eek:

I've just had a look at what the mods have 'cleaned up' recently. Nothing of it could be described as giving you grief.

If I were in MM's shoes, I'd come out today loud and proud and back IH:

"IH is the man I brought in to sort things out, he needs time and he needs everyone's support. His position is safe until at least the end of next season because I believe in the decision I made to recruit him. He has proved that he can manage effectively at this level and given time, he will prove it here too. I am well aware of the enormous task I gave him when he joined us and it is my responsibility to support him now, during a difficult period, and in the future. I'd like to ask all supporters to join me in backing IH and his players and staff. We need to stay together and make sure that we get the necessary points to remain in this league. With this in mind I am looking at ways to reduce admission prices for our remaining home fixtures in order to try to maximise attendances. I'd love to see the stadium full for our last 4 fixtures. We need to stick together. Thank you".

He could also suggest that supporters who do not wish to support IH and himself should feel free to **** off.

so getting relegated could help us in the future?? if we were to get relegated then we may never come back up again theres no divine right to coming back up and thats why i said survival is the be-all-and-end-all

I couldn't agree more when you say that there is no divine right to say that we will automatically return, if we drop to Div. 1 but, this would be the third season running that we change manager for the last few games and each time it has ended in tears. Relegation is almost unthinkably bad but, unless we can do it with what we have got, perhaps we are only postponing and not curing the problems.

But so what? They're hardly doing any kind of a decent job now.

It might help if some of our so-called fans and their unrealistic expectations ****ed off. We're never going to improve in the long-term when all they demand is short-term fixes.

Amen to that.

so getting relegated could help us in the future?? if we were to get relegated then we may never come back up again theres no divine right to coming back up and thats why i said survival is the be-all-and-end-all

You seem to confuse 'relegation' with 'the end of the world'. The short-term fixes of recent seasons have done nothing to help and have left us facing this very relegation. Only a long-term solution can protect the club in the long-term and I think it hardly matters whether we start a long-term revival from the 3rd division or from the bowels of the 2nd.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more when you say that there is no divine right to say that we will automatically return, if we drop to Div. 1 but, this would be the third season running that we change manager for the last few games and each time it has ended in tears. Relegation is almost unthinkably bad but, unless we can do it with what we have got, perhaps we are only postponing and not curing the problems.

i guess its a matter of opinion what is deemed 'ended in tears'?? if escaping relegation has ended in tears then i would say that was a result :102: oh it would be division 3 not 1 :icon_wink:)

do you think we will go down if holloway remains in charge??

Good post Diken

You seem to confuse 'relegation' with 'the end of the world'. The short-term fixes of recent seasons have done nothing to help and have left us facing this very relegation. Only a long-term solution can protect the club in the long-term and I think it hardly matters whether we start a long-term revival from the 3rd division or from the bowels of the 2nd.

ive not said its the end of the world i just do not want my team to be relegated and if that means getting rid of the manager then so be it :102:

Well said :038:

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that many fans are trying to support a team/club that no longer exists. They are stuck in the late 90s when Leicester City Football Club was playing and playing well at well above its normal station. Their expectations are unrealistic and inhibiting their support of the club - their demands are hindering the development of the club. I dread to think what it is doing to their own mental health.

You local Spar won't make more profit than Tesco however many times it changes its manager.

Short term fix after short term fix followed by more short term fixes I'm affraid.

Just because we have done it in the past does not mean that changing the Manager again will meet with the same end,this time we may replace IH and employ a Manager who takes the team forward.I hoped IH was that man,on evidence so far he is taking it backwards.You seem to think its a piece of piss down in Div 1 and its a opne season stay down there before IH makes us great again..with half of the team having fecked off

ok lets get relegated and lets stay there for possibly 6 years with dwindling gates etc etc :102:

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that many fans are trying to support a team/club that no longer exists. They are stuck in the late 90s when Leicester City Football Club was playing and playing well at well above its normal station. Their expectations are unrealistic and inhibiting their support of the club - their demands are hindering the development of the club. I dread to think what it is doing to their own mental health.

You local Spar won't make more profit than Tesco however many times it changes its manager.

But if Tesco were to go in to administration, then spar might avoid relegation. :102:

Teams only get relegated if the deserve to, teams also only get promoted if they deserve to.

Our position is not a false one. Maybe Milan is a BM and if asked on an internet forum he'll reply with "No way, no way we'll go down, we'll be mid table easily". I don't see why he shouldn't think that, it seems to be the general consensus around here.

Get rid of Holloway now, it might not save us, but it will make rebuilding a lot easier next year. One things for certain, Holloway doesn't appear capable of saving us.

But if Tesco were to go in to administration, then spar might avoid relegation. :102:

Does that have any meaning in terms of my analogy? Or did you just want to say something/anything?

Teams only get relegated if the deserve to, teams also only get promoted if they deserve to.

Our position is not a false one. Maybe Milan is a BM and if asked on an internet forum he'll reply with "No way, no way we'll go down, we'll be mid table easily". I don't see why he shouldn't think that, it seems to be the general consensus around here.

Get rid of Holloway now, it might not save us, but it will make rebuilding a lot easier next year. One things for certain, Holloway doesn't appear capable of saving us.

Agreed :038::038::038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670