Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answer my question,How long would you give him? You demand I answer yours but then skirt round answering mine :icon_wink

The rest of this season, pre season and at least a good portion of next season, Christmas and beyond possibily, depending on progress shown.

Oh yeah because the likes of Matt Oakley just walk in the door and say

"Hey Clem I'll pass to you, you pass to Howard and we'll score, it will work every time."

It's not that easy. They need the summer and pre season to play together and become a unit

The rest of this season, pre season and at least a good portion of next season, Christmas and beyond possibily, depending on progress shown.

But surely it is more important that we stay up this season, by hook or by crook we must survive, the consequences of relegation are just too much to even begin and comprehend.

Do you really think MM will hang around, do you think any of the better players will stay if we go down then I can foresee a mass exodus and possible admin further down the way.

But surely it is more important that we stay up this season, by hook or by crook we must survive, the consequences of relegation are just too much to even begin and comprehend.

Do you really think MM will hang around, do you think any of the better players will stay if we go down then I can foresee a mass exodus and possible admin further down the way.

i agree - survival is a MUST its a no brainer surely :102::102:

Of course I care but I'd rather have a year in Leage 1 and then steady progress up the Championship than fannying around in the bottom half indefinatley.

I dont want us to go down but I'd rather do that if it's for the longer term good.

I fear that if we are relegated - and I think we probably will be now - that this will be highly destructive of the fabric of the club. Over the years, people have said about this or that club that relegation might be a chance to re-build. I don't think there is any basis for this. If we go down we risk becoming a long term footballing outpost. I can quite understand that Holloway is a natural lower division manager but that doesn't mean that we should sink as a club to the level where he is able to get results.

My main concern isn't about Holloway - I regard him as already written off whether he staggers on (making absurd remarks about there not being a crisis etc )- or not this season- it is about Milan. He is an elderly bloke now and has taken a real battering since acquiring this club. I just wonder whether he still has it in him to take the necessary firm action and give it all another whirl.

Thankyou
I actually respect your opinion and thats why I have these discussions with you but you are one stubborn self righteous fecker.... of course I'm nothing like that:icon_redf:icon_wink

Kisnorbo,McAuley,Stearman,Mattock,Clemence,Oakley,Hendrie,Campbell,Hume,Howard....all gone if we go down.They won't hang around to play the likes of Northampton.So then we have to build a team to get us promoted within that season....unlikely

That's where the younger players come into it, I admit I'm looking on the pessimistic side of things but if we do go down, we will need to start from scratch.

When did you get grief for saying that and who from?

Why do you constantly portray yourself as some kind of victim?

Just read back through some of the threads.
I'm not implying I'm a victim, I'm implying I was right !!

Just read back through some of the threads.
I'm not implying I'm a victim, I'm implying I was right !!

I've read all the previous threads and haven't seen this grief that you've been experiencing for expressing your opinion on the manager.

Can you provide any examples?
Surely you must remember who it was that was giving you this grief.

I've read all the previous threads and haven't seen this grief that you've been experiencing for expressing your opinion on the manager.

Can you provide any examples?
Surely you must remember who it was that was giving you this grief.

As was said in one of the threads, the mods clean it up. It even got a response from Steven if where he basically stuck up for me. :icon_eek:

Kisnorbo,McAuley,Stearman,Mattock,Clemence,Oakley,Hendrie,Campbell,Hume,Howard....all gone if we go down.They won't hang around to play the likes of Northampton.So then we have to build a team to get us promoted within that season....unlikely

But so what? They're hardly doing any kind of a decent job now.

It might help if some of our so-called fans and their unrealistic expectations ****ed off. We're never going to improve in the long-term when all they demand is short-term fixes.

If I were in MM's shoes, I'd come out today loud and proud and back IH:

"IH is the man I brought in to sort things out, he needs time and he needs everyone's support. His position is safe until at least the end of next season because I believe in the decision I made to recruit him. He has proved that he can manage effectively at this level and given time, he will prove it here too. I am well aware of the enormous task I gave him when he joined us and it is my responsibility to support him now, during a difficult period, and in the future. I'd like to ask all supporters to join me in backing IH and his players and staff. We need to stay together and make sure that we get the necessary points to remain in this league. With this in mind I am looking at ways to reduce admission prices for our remaining home fixtures in order to try to maximise attendances. I'd love to see the stadium full for our last 4 fixtures. We need to stick together. Thank you".

As was said in one of the threads, the mods clean it up.

That hasn't happened.

It even got a response from Steven if where he basically stuck up for me. :icon_eek:

No, that was the thread where you got abuse for pretending to be posting from Wales with your PDA, nothing to do with your opinion of the manager.

i agree - survival is a MUST its a no brainer surely :102::102:

Simple survival hasn't done us much good in the past few years. It has been a bar to our development in the eyes of many.

Simple survival hasn't done us much good in the past few years. It has been a bar to our development in the eyes of many.

so getting relegated could help us in the future?? if we were to get relegated then we may never come back up again theres no divine right to coming back up and thats why i said survival is the be-all-and-end-all

If I were in MM's shoes, I'd come out today loud and proud and back IH:

"IH is the man I brought in to sort things out, he needs time and he needs everyone's support. His position is safe until at least the end of next season because I believe in the decision I made to recruit him. He has proved that he can manage effectively at this level and given time, he will prove it here too. I am well aware of the enormous task I gave him when he joined us and it is my responsibility to support him now, during a difficult period, and in the future. I'd like to ask all supporters to join me in backing IH and his players and staff. We need to stay together and make sure that we get the necessary points to remain in this league. With this in mind I am looking at ways to reduce admission prices for our remaining home fixtures in order to try to maximise attendances. I'd love to see the stadium full for our last 4 fixtures. We need to stick together. Thank you".

You forgot the bit about reducing season ticket prices because of the crap we've all had to put up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669