Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I like Holloway, probably more as a bloke than a manager so I hope and have always hoped he would do a good job for us.

But my issue is more with the fact that we have been under performing as a team for years - we were pretty rubbish long before Holloway came in. And what concerns me is that if Holloway is unable to motivate these players being the kind of character he is, there must be a much bigger problem at the club than just the manager.

Craig Levein is a good example. Clearly he is a decent manager based on his work north of the border. However, at Leicester it did not work out for him. He was never particularly accepted by the fans and this I think knocked his confidence and hence ability to work at Leicester. We turned a good manager into an underperforming manager.

I believe this is why there is an underlying wanting for Holloway to do well as he is liked by the fans.

I acccept that Holloway can only be judged on the teams performances and because of where we are in the league, it looks like he will be sacked whether we stay up or not. I think thats a shame because given time I believe he would come good. But whilst we prefer to work on the "grass is always greener" style of running a football club we will no doubt get a new manager in who will again struggle to turn things around due to the underlying issues at the Club.

I think the phrase is "You cannot polish a turd"

Levien stated himself that he got it wrong in an interview a few months ago. He under estimated the Championship.

Holloway has a worse record for wins than Pleat and Taylor(though his wins were down to MONS side). He said judge me after the window, and we have gone down the league since then.

Agreed i like the guy, but he is starting to prove himself to be a very poor manager. He moaned about the players he had when he got here, when he should have kept his gob shut and tried to get the besy out of them.

I can't see him being here next season if we stay up or go down.

It's been clear to me for months that Holloway is only in his job because Mandaric is too exhausted to do anything about it.

I don't blame those supporters who say Holloway is such a great bloke and that one day he will be able to manage the club. They - like those of us who saw through Holloway's nonsense some time ago and recognised that he was totally out of his depth - are not to blame either. Neither groups have any real influence on the matter. Mandaric has to take responsibility for not getting rid. I sympathise with the owner who has had a wretched time since buying the club, but he came in with a policy of saying he would make changes until he got it right.

For goodness sake, Holloway has had his time here; he's brought in his own player.....and still the results are appalling.

The question of him going isn't even worth posing to be honest - the real question is whether Mandaric still has the bottle to show leadership and take the necessary actions.

Nice guy - Shit manager!!

Why do people say what better is there out there?

Heres a list who could do a better job than the publicity seeking gimp

Grayson
Ince
Ferguson (Darren)
Worthington
Allardyce

Even Walshie would have done a better job!!

Nice guy - Shit manager!!

Why do people say what better is there out there?

Grayson
Ince
Ferguson (Darren)
Worthington
Allardyce

Darren Ferguson is a great shout, but isn't Worthington the N Ireland manager now?

Darren Ferguson is a great shout, but isn't Worthington the N Ireland manager now?

Yes he is. And to be honest perhaps after being overlooked last season possibly would not be interested with MM at the helm. He would I am sure though have done / would do a better job than the clown.

Personally I am of the opinion that Darren Ferguson took on a job at Peterborough which was near-impossible to fail at.

With the money behind him you could say the same for Holloway!! I bet like his father he does not accept second best. For me has to be a better shout than the clown!!

With the money behind him you could say the same for Holloway!! I bet like his father he does not accept second best. For me has to be a better shout than the clown!!

Holloway has to compete with other clubs for the same pool of players. Peterborough are beyond that - they are a Chelsea of League 2 with the money they offer for the quality of player they aim for, other clubs can't compete.

I bet his father doesn't like him being a wifebeating cnut. But hey, everyone's not perfect.

Grayson
Ince
Ferguson (Darren)
Worthington
Allardyce

You were doing OK until that bit!

Holloway has to compete with other clubs for the same pool of players. Peterborough are beyond that - they are a Chelsea of League 2 with the money they offer for the quality of player they aim for, other clubs can't compete.

I bet his father doesn't like him being a wifebeating cnut. But hey, everyone's not perfect.

Thats unfair to say that Hazza, we don't know if his wife deserved it do we?

OK, so I like Holloway, probably more as a bloke than a manager so I hope and have always hoped he would do a good job for us.

But my issue is more with the fact that we have been under performing as a team for years - we were pretty rubbish long before Holloway came in. And what concerns me is that if Holloway is unable to motivate these players being the kind of character he is, there must be a much bigger problem at the club than just the manager.

Craig Levein is a good example. Clearly he is a decent manager based on his work north of the border. However, at Leicester it did not work out for him. He was never particularly accepted by the fans and this I think knocked his confidence and hence ability to work at Leicester. We turned a good manager into an underperforming manager.

Yes you could say all that, but what about what went on behind closed doors?

• Its well known that when Cl joined us he had just split up with his wife and was going through a divorce - I imagine that would effect your performance at work!
  • He had a mistress, who was a little bit demanding
  • He (and his immediate coaching staff) quite liked a drink - or few
  • He survived a board vote to sack him by 1 vote
  • He had no money
  • He had to trim the squad, getting rid of old heads such as Matt Elliott
  • He massively underestimated the quality of the Championship

Several of us were the same as you when he was sat on the bench for almost 20 minutes doing nothing to gee the players up, instruct them or anything.
It's not the first time he's made himself 'invisible' at home games this season.

Is it correct he was happy to be on the touchline when we were leading but when we went behind he hid himself?

I am with everyone else now holloway needs to go, he is treating our best striker like a joke and hides when we losing games.

People talk about there being no leadership on the pitch, but the manager has to take some of that blame because when he is needed to show his own 'leadership' he hides.

One of our reps is good mates with Birch. And as he was near the training ground yesterday he decided to nip in and have a quick chat, basically Birch was saying the same sort of thing. The players SHOULD be good enough, but there's no leadership anywhere at the club. He was there before dinnertime but the players weren't outside training, When asked Birch didn't know what they were doing, or what they had been doing, said some might be in the gym.

Good innit? Probably the most important week of training that sorry bunch will ever have, and they aren't even doing any sort of outdoors practise at 12pm. They should be bloody training outdoors from 9am til 1pm, and then indoors for another 3 hours( I think I'm being quite generous in letting them finish at 4pm.....)

adultstabs_std_fitted.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265