Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should've stuck with worthington right from the start and not messed about with all this ridiculous manager swapping!
No wonder we are where we are.

I said this a few weeks ago, but it still could've gone pearshaped this season under him.

We'll never know.

I think he is tactically inept, and I still think the way he fecked about with the team when he first came here,swapping and changing formation and dropping players who were doing 'ok' has a lot to do with us being down here.

Part of me thinks he should stay and do the job in getting us back up(assuming of course Southampton win their last two games)
But then I go back to being sane and think feck off you useless wanker!!

And I suppose Holloway is to blame for Hume missing the penalty aswell.
Not at all.

Did you forget about us conceding three goals and not being able to do fcuk all about it.

Did you forget about the mind boggling decision to bring Hume off and leave Howard on.

Did you forget about the complete lack of motivation and fight.

Selective memories you Holloway fans have got.

Tell me something positive Holloway did today to influence the game when we really needed him to?

I think he should go now, I was livid when he was sitting on his ass at a crucial stage of the game being 2-1 down then he rounded it off by taking off arguably our best chance of salvaging anything from the game.. f** off back down south, you goon..

I think he should go now, I was livid when he was sitting on his ass at a crucial stage of the game being 2-1 down then he rounded it off by taking off arguably our best chance of salvaging anything from the game.. f** off back down south, you goon..

Several of us were the same as you when he was sat on the bench for almost 20 minutes doing nothing to gee the players up, instruct them or anything.
It's not the first time he's made himself 'invisible' at home games this season.

And I suppose Holloway is to blame for Hume missing the penalty aswell.

Southampton to lose both there last games, we stay up, whats everyone worried about????

He's fireproof with you isn't he ? You will not criticise him under any circumstances.Nobody is going to take you seriously unless you at least admit he does have some flaws.

Not at all.

Did you forget about us conceding three goals and not being able to do fcuk all about it.

Did you forget about the mind boggling decision to bring Hume off and leave Howard on.

Did you forget about the complete lack of motivation and fight.

Selective memories you Holloway fans have got.

Tell me something positive Holloway did today to influence the game when we really needed him to?

You make it sound like this has never happened before Melton. This has been going on for the last 3/4 seasons.

The fact is the players are to blame, not Holloway. Holloway will get the stick as he is the manager, but if you ask me the players should be held accountable for todays performance.

I listended to the game on line and it sounded to me like

a) an exciting game of football
b) unfortunate that we lost our best defender early on
c) that Shef Weds last goal shouldn't have stood
d) we had a hatful of opportunities to score and win the game
e) we missed a penalty at 2 - 1 down.

You were at the game so if any of the points above are incorrect I apologise, but I fail to see how Holloway is to blame for the fact none of our strikers even look like scoring, despite having ample opportunities to do so.

Hume, Howard, Fryatt, Cambell etc are the ones I am angry with for being so inept in front of goal.

Well, there was the ..., oh yes and the ... and don't forget when he ...

Sorry Melts. I've tried but I just can't think of anything :icon_sad:

So Holloway is not to blame in any shape or form for the predicament we are in ?

You make it sound like this has never happened before Melton. This has been going on for the last 3/4 seasons.

The fact is the players are to blame, not Holloway. Holloway will get the stick as he is the manager, but if you ask me the players should be held accountable for todays performance.

I listended to the game on line and it sounded to me like

a) an exciting game of football
b) unfortunate that we lost our best defender early on
c) that Shef Weds last goal shouldn't have stood
d) we had a hatful of opportunities to score and win the game
e) we missed a penalty at 2 - 1 down.

You were at the game so if any of the points above are incorrect I apologise, but I fail to see how Holloway is to blame for the fact none of our strikers even look like scoring, despite having ample opportunities to do so.

Hume, Howard, Fryatt, Cambell etc are the ones I am angry with for being so inept in front of goal.
OK, I stand corrected. You are right. Not Holloway's fault.

I am totally lost for words at the level of your defense for possibly one of the worst Managers this club has ever had.

You have admitted yourself that you liked Holloway on a personal level before he even came here. I see from you're profile that you're too old to let emotions cloud your judgement, so I won't accuse you of that.

BTW, if none of this is Holloway's fault, and he has no influence over what happens on the pitch, why the fcuk has he got a job here?

He's fireproof with you isn't he ? You will not criticise him under any circumstances.Nobody is going to take you seriously unless you at least admit he does have some flaws.

OK, so I like Holloway, probably more as a bloke than a manager so I hope and have always hoped he would do a good job for us.

But my issue is more with the fact that we have been under performing as a team for years - we were pretty rubbish long before Holloway came in. And what concerns me is that if Holloway is unable to motivate these players being the kind of character he is, there must be a much bigger problem at the club than just the manager.

Craig Levein is a good example. Clearly he is a decent manager based on his work north of the border. However, at Leicester it did not work out for him. He was never particularly accepted by the fans and this I think knocked his confidence and hence ability to work at Leicester. We turned a good manager into an underperforming manager.

I believe this is why there is an underlying wanting for Holloway to do well as he is liked by the fans.

I acccept that Holloway can only be judged on the teams performances and because of where we are in the league, it looks like he will be sacked whether we stay up or not. I think thats a shame because given time I believe he would come good. But whilst we prefer to work on the "grass is always greener" style of running a football club we will no doubt get a new manager in who will again struggle to turn things around due to the underlying issues at the Club.

I think the phrase is "You cannot polish a turd"

The blokes had long enough, there is no excuse for failure. He had the January window, he has spend money and got as he said rid of the "dead wood," he can't get the best out of "his" players. Its hurting me to see our club as low as it is, you've had a lot more matches then the other managers so for that reason alone please Mr Holloway up or down, do the right thing and feck off after Sunday.

Well I've been willing to give him a chance, today was pathetic, we have a team of good players IMO and we just keep employing these f**king inept managers and it's beginning to grate with me, we've got **** all chance of getting Billy Davies in now either as we are going down, with **** all fight. The only thing that will make me feel any slight sense of happiness is if one of either Leeds or Forest stay down this year so we are not the only 'big club' down there in the shitter. There's a good chance they'll both go up (one automatic and one will win the play offs IMO) so there will be us down there alone playing agaionst f**king Yeovil, and the best bit.. we're probably going to be no better than this season. Heck, I'd be happy to have a punt on us to get relegated again.. when you're ona roll, you're on a roll and all that.

Well I've been willing to give him a chance, today was pathetic, we have a team of good players IMO and we just keep employing these f**king inept managers and it's beginning to grate with me, we've got **** all chance of getting Billy Davies in now either as we are going down, with **** all fight. The only thing that will make me feel any slight sense of happiness is if one of either Leeds or Forest stay down this year so we are not the only 'big club' down there in the shitter. There's a good chance they'll both go up (one automatic and one will win the play offs IMO) so there will be us down there alone playing agaionst f**king Yeovil, and the best bit.. we're probably going to be no better than this season. Heck, I'd be happy to have a punt on us to get relegated again.. when you're ona roll, you're on a roll and all that.
I love you the way you use all those "****s" in your post, and then round it off with a "heck" :icon_lol:

OK, so I like Holloway, probably more as a bloke than a manager so I hope and have always hoped he would do a good job for us.

But my issue is more with the fact that we have been under performing as a team for years - we were pretty rubbish long before Holloway came in. And what concerns me is that if Holloway is unable to motivate these players being the kind of character he is, there must be a much bigger problem at the club than just the manager.

Craig Levein is a good example. Clearly he is a decent manager based on his work north of the border. However, at Leicester it did not work out for him. He was never particularly accepted by the fans and this I think knocked his confidence and hence ability to work at Leicester. We turned a good manager into an underperforming manager.

I believe this is why there is an underlying wanting for Holloway to do well as he is liked by the fans.

I acccept that Holloway can only be judged on the teams performances and because of where we are in the league, it looks like he will be sacked whether we stay up or not. I think thats a shame because given time I believe he would come good. But whilst we prefer to work on the "grass is always greener" style of running a football club we will no doubt get a new manager in who will again struggle to turn things around due to the underlying issues at the Club.

I think the phrase is "You cannot polish a turd"

You are 101% bob on. Top post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572