Holloway........right or wrong ?

Holloway........are you happy with Milans decision

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope I am wrong but I fear it will all end in tears, the only question for me is how long will it take.

If he's still in charge by the end of next season then that will at least be a partial victory because it will have brought us some much needed stability.

However I can't see IH getting us out of this division and therefore both MM and the fans will turn against him sooner or later.

Although I'm feeling optimistic about Holloway in the log run (if he lasts two months), I don't thing we'll do anything spectacular this season.

There's been a few managers that couldn't get the current batch of players to 'perform' and I somehow just can't see us winning 10 games in a row starting this Saturday. Patience is needed.

Maybe towards Feb/March possibly after a transfer or three we'll see what he can do. I'm looking forward to where we're going.

Will he win His First Game As Leicester City Manager ?!?

Having watched the press conference (thanks B) I am absolutely delighted with this appointment. Go on Ollie. Long may you run.

Having watched the press conference (thanks B) I am absolutely delighted with this appointment
I was like that after Martin Allen's press conference.

A lesson learnt for me.

Probably the best we could get. Should see us stay clear of relegation anyway.

Would have preferred Tigana but not dissappointed because a breath of fresh air compared to Levein, Kelly, Worthington , Megson and the nearest thing to Allen (who most of us were happy with)
It should get us on Soccer AM regularly.
Whos the player Ollie mentions as (had to let my best player go because i couldnt afford to pay him) - my guess Capaldi.
Who is he likely to target from Plymouth (i know Norris is pretty good RH midfield)
He has already stated he intends to go 442 so thats a centre back out (McAuley?) and hoefully a more attack minded right midfield (id go for Hume but probably Newton/Chambers)

A lesson learnt for me.

Me too, not so sure we were wrong Melts.

I am still dying to know what happened there, however I do believe we have a good man at the helm now.

All this blue mongey gash. What's the point. It's words from people who habitually take the negative over the positive to sound edgy and deconstructive. I've always suggested that fans should follow the team, albeit blindly, through whatever goes on. For me that's what support means. It doesn't mean "I only say positive things when we win".

Do I want to be informed of what's gone wrong for Ollie in the past? No. I want to hear the opposite. And that's because I hope it works for him here. For me, the people who are negative as soon as a man signs for the club are equal to the "Rome in a day" grumblers that no longer give anything time to grow, which can be seen not just in football, but across culture as a whole.

I'm excited again. Fact.

I guess I am not really going to say anything new here.

I wasn't over the moon with the choice... Reasons

Ollie has alot of experience in the Championship and below. I know he is hungry for success, but I do question his credentials.

He is definately not a yes man, which as we know doesn't go too well with the Big Boss. Then again Dirty Arry never was and it worked well for a while.

I really wish him the best for our club and I think we are definately in a better position than a month ago.

Go get get um lads! we've still got something to play for.

Charlotte Church ain't singing yet.

Last match, I left the stadium livid. Livid and depressed at having watched that dreadful showing on the pitch.

If Holly brings one thing to the club then I hope it is to instil passion and pride to wear the shirt.

I can't go on watching this shower of shite for much longer at the current level of performance...pre-match cheese & onion cobs or no.

A lesson learnt for me.

Yes - in managerial terms (not in appearance) Holloway is a Martin Allen look alike.

The odds are strongly against him being successful in the terms of how Milan has talked since he annexed the club from the living dead.

However, I have voted for this being a 'right' appointment on the basis that Milan has done well to prise a reasonably successful current manager out of another Championship club. This is much better than re-cycling the deadbeats who we may well have finished up with.

Well done Milan!

Yes - in managerial terms (not in appearance) Holloway is a Martin Allen look alike.

The odds are strongly against him being successful in the terms of how Milan has talked since he annexed the club from the living dead.

However, I have voted for this being a 'right' appointment on the basis that Milan has done well to prise a reasonably successful current manager out of another Championship club. This is much better than re-cycling the deadbeats who we may well have finished up with.

Well done Milan!

:038:

I admit to being a turncoat and voting yes. After QPR played down here a few seasons ago I hated the way his team played, but unfortunately we have now sunk so far that Holloway is exactly what we need at the moment.

I guess I am not really going to say anything new here.

I wasn't over the moon with the choice... Reasons

Ollie has alot of experience in the Championship and below. I know he is hungry for success, but I do question his credentials.

He is definately not a yes man, which as we know doesn't go too well with the Big Boss. Then again Dirty Arry never was and it worked well for a while.

I really wish him the best for our club and I think we are definately in a better position than a month ago.

Go get get um lads! we've still got something to play for.

Charlotte Church ain't singing yet.

I am positive about it for all of the reasons others have stated. I also think that Milan knows he has to help make this appointment work.

My main concern is whether he can get us promotion by the end of next season and if he has the credibility to attract the right type of players for Premier League survival if we do get there under him.

I am sure things will be a lot better with him as manager though - it is a step forward, the question is, will it be a big enough step!

I hope so and will give him my support (no time limit from me).

Last edited:
The really positive side of this appointment is that he wanted to come to the Walkers Stadium as he sees us as a big club - get in... up we go again :038:::043:

You would think it was a good appointment but I see too much of a personality clash (going on what happen with MA)

You would think it was a good appointment but I see too much of a personality clash (going on what happen with MA)

Why? What happened then?
Please God not a new theory. :icon_roll
So it was all down to a personality clash now?

Why? What happened then?
Please God not a new theory. :icon_roll
So it was all down to a personality clash now?

Well I don't think it was down to beating the league favourites 4-1 :102:

Anyway, I'm not giving any theories am I? Why do people have to get on your back all the time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469