homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevie mac? Has the world gone mad! I'll believe it when I see it, until then I'm not going to believe anything. Although I should expect we will be doing some buisness next week. The 1st July loombs ever closer and Craig Levein has said on numerous occassions that he wants his squad together before this date.

Should be interesting!

SilverFox said:
Stevie mac? Has the world gone mad! I'll believe it when I see it, until then I'm not going to believe anything. Although I should expect we will be doing some buisness next week. The 1st July loombs ever closer and Craig Levein has said on numerous occassions that he wants his squad together before this date.

Should be interesting!

I have to believe this is a smokescreen or that there is something in the water at City that makes the managers sign unfit aging "stars". :mad:

Whatever it is that is in the water it seems to turn 'big' name players into no talent money grabbers!

Levein knows what hes doing...the only dissapointment (so far) is DeVries, but even he needs a second chance! Lets wait and see. Hopefully the future is bright.

I still think we will finish just outside the top six though!

Steven said:
I have to believe this is a smokescreen or that there is something in the water at City that makes the managers sign unfit aging "stars". :mad:

It's not a smokescreen, it's just a pile of shite started by someone (teeno) on chavtalk.

Scotland is too rich for us. :icon_eek: :089:

Levein put off by Scottish prices
Ulrik Laursen
Celtic appear willing to let Ulrik Laursen leave
Leicester City manager Craig Levein has been scared off by the price tags on Celtic's Ulrik Laursen and Dundee pair Steve Lovell and Scott Robertson.

Celtic appear willing to let Laursen leave despite the defender failing to become a first-team regular.

Dundee are desperate for cash following relegation, and striker Lovell and midfielder Robertson are much admired.

But Levein told BBC Sport: "We made approaches but sometimes clubs have different valuations of players."

Levein had already raided Celtic this summer, signing goalkeeper Rab Douglas and capturing Guinea international Momo Sylla.

But the former Hearts head coach was unable to agree a deal with Dundee for Englishman Lovell, who has scored 35 goals in 98 appearances for the Taysiders since arriving from Portsmouth.

Robertson has already caught the eye after breaking into the Dundee side this season.

Laursen has made just 57 appearances in three years for Celtic following his £1.5m move from Hibernian.

Celtic appear willing to let Laursen leave despite the defender failing to become a first-team regular.

:confused:

Surely they're willing to let him leave because he's failed to become a first team regular, not despite it.

lazzer said:
regarding steve macca -he was spotted at the ground on friday according radio

Spotted by who...

Why would we want Stevie Mac? If we were to splash out on bigger wages CL would use them on a striker surely.
Nice thought but can not see it myself.

Naughty Fox said:
Why would we want Stevie Mac? If we were to splash out on bigger wages CL would use them on a striker surely.
Nice thought but can not see it myself.

Because he's wank

I'm just worried, like stevo, that we are missing out on targets because of money.

I hate to say it but perhaps moving in with the tigers is in the best interests if it gives us some financial security!

SilverFox said:
Thats twice you've slagged them off today. Has someone pissed you off by any chance Babylon? ;)

Yeah, all the muppets who make pointless threads.

Favourite Sauce? etc etc etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670