homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graz said:
Richie Partridge has been released by Liverpool. His name has been mentioned quite a few times in the past. Could be worth a go, still young, we need a right winger.

Feck off MicKy. :eek:

Coventry City Mad said:
Micky Adams has targeted former City winger Ritchie Partridge for a move to the Coventry Arena. Partridge who was a favourite with City supporters is available on a free transfer from Liverpool.

I must say Partridge would be a great option for us, if he displayed anything like the form showed when Covscum had him last time... He tore us apart at the Walkers that night, we were lucky to win that one.

alex said:
I must say Partridge would be a great option for us, if he displayed anything like the form showed when Covscum had him last time... He tore us apart at the Walkers that night, we were lucky to win that one.

Agreed but since then he's became very injury prone which I imagine is partly due to why Liverpool have let him go.

DurhamFox said:
lazzer said:
i must admit he impressed me that night as well football wise

:lol: As opposed to others who have impressed you, non-football wise?? :eek: :D

i put football wise to deter any immature fecks homo-referencing :roll:

lazzer said:
DurhamFox said:
lazzer said:
i must admit he impressed me that night as well football wise

:lol: As opposed to others who have impressed you, non-football wise?? :eek: :D

i put football wise to deter any immature fecks homo-referencing :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The price for Miller would seem to be 300k. :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Aberdeen director of football Willie Miller has warned Bristol City striker Lee Miller that he 'won't be messed about by anyone'. The Scottish club have agreed a £300k fee with City for the 22-year-old.

Miller told the Daily Record: "We won't be messed about by anyone. I have been in this game long enough to know you have to treat players well.

"But I'm no soft touch either and won't allow anyone to take the mickey out of me or Aberdeen. I must be convinced the players we have spoken to have a real passion for this club. I want them to come here for the right reasons.

"I will not allow things to drag on as there are plenty of other options available to us.

"I don't like saying too much about transfers until the deals have actually been agreed. It might be another couple of days before any significant progress is made.

"I'm working extremely hard to bring in a striker and a midfield player and will make any announcement when the time is right.

"All I would ask is that our supporters show patience until I get the players we require."

Arsenal release five youngsters
Arsenal have released five young players, including 22-year-old Iceland international Olafur-Ingi Skulason.

Midfielder Skulason, leaves after four years with the Gunners, in which time he won two Iceland caps, most recently against Italy four weeks ago.

Also heading for the exit are Adam Birchall, Jordan Fowler, Danny Karbassiyoon and Frankie Simek.

American Karbassiyoon, 21, joined as a striker but played six games as a left-back on loan at Ipswich last term.

He scored for Arsenal in their Carling Cup win over Manchester City but could not hold down a place in the first-team squad.

Compatriot Simek had loan spells with QPR and Bournemouth, but the 20-year-old defender was restricted to reserve-team games.

Striker Birchall, 20, scored five goals in a 15-game loan spell at League Two Wycombe and earned international recognition with Wales Under-21s.

Fowler had a six-game loan spell with Chesterfield but the 20-year-old midfielder had his season ended prematuely by a knee injury.

Don't know much about the others but Karbassiyoon seemed a good player from what i've seen of him, can play at left back or a striker so would fit Levein's criteria of wanting versatile players. What do you reckon?

Could be a good shout, he will have a decent pedigree coming from Arsenal plus he has at least played at this level, and would provide competition for places in both the striking department and down the left hand side.

IMO he would also fit in with CL's criteria decent age, should be hungry to prove Arsene Wenger wrong, certainly worth a dabble.

i know he doesnt necessarily fit into CL`s age range but Neil Lennon is avaliable on a free.

He is 34. Could do a job for a couple of seasons though?

Did anyone watch the Scottish cup final? The commentator said "Douglas playing his last game for Celtic... to be joining Craig Levein's Leicester City"

fcukcov said:
i know he doesnt necessarily fit into CL`s age range but Neil Lennon is avaliable on a free.

He is 34. Could do a job for a couple of seasons though?

We've already had his best years. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Just for nostalgia I would take Lennon back in a heart beat, one of the greatest players ever at the club IMO...

Sam Parkin yet to re sign at Swindon, anyone?

alex said:
Just for nostalgia I would take Lennon back in a heart beat, one of the greatest players ever at the club IMO...

Sam Parkin yet to re sign at Swindon, anyone?

nosalga never works out but I think we need a good leader at the club in the vein of walshy, elliott etc.
Lennon could be the man to do that for the next couple of seasons. Just in time for McCarthy to take over the leadership of the club?!?

Burton O'Brien again :!: :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

The Scotsman said:
Lions double up for O'Brien

BARRY ANDERSON

LIVINGSTON have offered Burton O'Brien almost £3000 a week in a bid to keep him at Almondvale, and club directors expect an answer from their captain inside the next fortnight.

The 23-year-old's contract expires at the end of June, with Hearts and Leicester City displaying a strong interest, and possibly even stronger financial muscle, in luring him from West Lothian.

But Livingston's board are pulling out all the stops to retain their grip on the coveted O'Brien and have offered him the chance to almost double his current £1500-a-week salary, a commendable act given that their own financial situation was only stabilised two weeks ago. The midfielder will speak to new manager Paul Lambert before reaching a decision.

A Livingston source said: "Burton has been made the best offer we can give which would make him the highest-paid player at the club.

It obviously helps that we have avoided relegation but Burton will talk with the new manager first before deciding."

Source

Looks as though Rab wants to come here. :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Sunday Mail said:
FOOTBALL: SCOTTISH CUP: DOUGLAS IN FOXES TALKS

May 29 2005

RAB DOUGLAS will break off from his Scottish Cup celebrations this week to travel south in a bid to finalise his move to Leicester City.

The Celtic keeper's appearance in yesterday's final looks certain to be the last match of his four-and-a-half year Hoops career.

Douglas revealed he has already had talks with Foxes boss Craig Levein and will have another meeting he hopes will end in a deal at the Walkers Stadium.

He said: 'Hopefully we'll get it sorted out this week. Going to Leicester would be like a fresh start. There are a few Scots boys there so it would be good.

'But it's great to win the Scottish Cup and if it turns out that I finish my career by keeping a clean sheet in the final then great, I'll be delighted.

'I can't say I've been in a dressing room like that where there's a chance so many guys are leaving.

'Although a few are out of contract you never know what will happen.'

Douglas know it's been a golden era for Celtic under Martin O'Neill but admitted the disappointment of losing the league lingered despite the Cup victory.

He said: 'The boys were devastated last week and we just wanted to win the final

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670