homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i been having a wee think tho, and i have to say that at hearts, levein did bring in players who had lost their way (e.g. hartley, maybury) and they did play to their potential. the more i think about it, the more i reckon he could get something out of sylla. but laursen's simpler- when craigy boy signs a defender, u just know

youngscot said:
i been having a wee think tho, and i have to say that at hearts, levein did bring in players who had lost their way (e.g. hartley, maybury) and they did play to their potential. the more i think about it, the more i reckon he could get something out of sylla. but laursen's simpler- when craigy boy signs a defender, u just know

That was classic MON. He filled our team with players that needed a new lease of life. He signed rejects and the odd 1 or 2 gambles and we ended up having the best time we can remember for many a year. At a club like Leicester where theres little money its so important to get it right. The only time we splashed serious cash , (under Peter Taylor) we nearly had to close the gates for good. Spending large amounts is not always the answer , just ask the geordies about Kliuvert who IMO was a complete waste of space.

Brauny Blue said:
youngscot said:

That was classic MON. He filled our team with players that needed a new lease of life. He signed rejects and the odd 1 or 2 gambles and we ended up having the best time we can remember for many a year. At a club like Leicester where theres little money its so important to get it right. The only time we splashed serious cash , (under Peter Taylor) we nearly had to close the gates for good. Spending large amounts is not always the answer , just ask the geordies about Kliuvert who IMO was a complete waste of space.

Well if Kluivert was a waste of space, what about didier drogba-24 million for 16 goals in all competitions-kluivert came on a free transfer and got 13

There are rumours floating around on another forum that we are talking to Jay Bothroyd. :eek: :p :p ;-)

Code:
Jay Bothroyd  
Real name	Jay Bothroyd  
Height 	6.03  
Weight	13.01  
Date of birth	05-05-1982  
Place of birth	London  
Position	Forward  
Nationality	England  

Current Club
Currently playing for	Perugia  
Signed on 	10-07-2003  
Fee	Free  
Squad number	

All time playing career

Club 	From 	To 	Fee 	League 	FA Cup 	League cup 	Other
Blackburn 	31-08-2004 	16-05-2005 	Loan  	6 (5) 	1 	0 (1) 	0 	1 (0) 	0 	0 (0) 	0
Perugia 	10-07-2003 	  	Free  	17 (11) 	5 	0 (0) 	0 	0 (0) 	0 	1 (0) 	0
Coventry 	13-07-2000 	10-07-2003 	£ 1000000  	51 (21) 	14 	5 (0) 	1 	1 (5) 	2 	0 (0) 	0
Arsenal 	01-08-1999 	13-07-2000 	Trainee  	No appearance data available
Totals 	£ 1000000 	74 (37) 	20 	5 (1) 	1 	2 (5) 	2 	1 (0) 	0
	goals / game 	0.18 	0.16 	0.28 	0
	Apps 	Goals 	Apps 	Goals 	Apps 	Goals 	Apps 	Goals

Source

I will be extremely surprised if Boothroyd came to LCFC.I might be wrong but I also believe he's had a few disciplinary problems in the past?

highland fox said:
I will be extremely surprised if Boothroyd came to LCFC.I might be wrong but I also believe he's had a few disciplinary problems in the past?

Yeah he is a little hot-headed - remember him kicking out at Norwich earlier this year? Great player though and i would be delighted if he came here, can't believe we'd be able to offer what he'd want though.

drummindefender said:
Brauny Blue said:
youngscot said:

Well if Kluivert was a waste of space, what about didier drogba-24 million for 16 goals in all competitions-kluivert came on a free transfer and got 13

I wouldn't disagree and Drogba was probaly 20 million more than he was worth. The difference for me though was that Kluivert was on a fat wage and still looked is if he couldn't give a toss. At least Drogba tries.

Burton O'Brien for Hearts :?: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Hearts move for O'Brien

HEARTS have made a bold bid to snap up Livingston captain Burton O'Brien, the Evening News can reveal.

The 23-year-old is understood to be considering a lucrative three-year deal from the Tynecastle outfit.

The contract, which it's believed represents a significant improvement on his current terms with the Lions, is one of a number of options being considered by the talented midfielder whose agreement with the West Lothian outfit expires at the end of this month.

O'Brien is poised to quit the club and pursue his career elsewhere next season, with Leicester City boss Craig Levein known to be keen to persuade him to join the growing band of former SPL stars at the Walkers Stadium.

Livingston are understood to have offered their captain a hefty pay hike to remain in West Lothian but it's thought he sees his future elsewhere.

Former Tynecastle manager John Robertson made no secret of his admiration of the quality of O'Brien during his brief Gorgie tenure and identified both the Lions star and Lee Miller as players he thought would significantly strengthen the first-team squad.

He was successful in his pursuit of the striker, the 22-year-old proving a smash hit during his loan spell from Bristol City. However, last night saw Dundee United beat Hearts and Aberdeen in the race for his signature with Miller signing a three-year deal for a fee of £225,000.

It is understood that the Gorgie outfit has been monitoring Celtic fan O'Brien's situation in recent weeks and the offer by chief executive Phil Anderton to the Almondvale skipper reflects the club's vow to bring exciting players to the Capital under Lithuanian Vladimir Romanov's regime.

Hearts were also keeping tabs on O'Brien's team-mate David McNamee but the Scotland defender's Achilles heel injury has scuppered any chance of a summer move.

Former Celtic striker Mark Burchill and winger Joe Hamill, meanwhile, are close to finally agreeing one-year deals with the club. They should join the likes of Christophe Berra, Craig Sives and Graham Weir in committing themselves to the Tynecastle club by the beginning of next week.

Source

Brauny Blue said:
drummindefender said:
Brauny Blue said:
youngscot said:

I wouldn't disagree and Drogba was probaly 20 million more than he was worth. The difference for me though was that Kluivert was on a fat wage and still looked is if he couldn't give a toss. At least Drogba tries.
Kluivert-what a waste of talent, Drogba is raking in a hefty wage i suspect too though!

drummindefender said:
Brauny Blue said:
drummindefender said:
Brauny Blue said:
youngscot said:

Kluivert-what a waste of talent, Drogba is raking in a hefty wage i suspect too though!

I bet even the tea lady at Chelsea brings her wheel-barrow in on pay day

Brauny Blue said:
I bet even the tea lady at Chelsea brings her wheel-barrow in on pay day

During the hyper-inflation days in Germany in the early 20's, people did collect their wages in carts. :!: :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: If fact it was so bad that you got paid in the morning and in the afternoon. ;-)

As a story goes. An old women went to look in a shop and left her basket of money outside. when she came back out the money was there but they had stole the basket as it was of greater value :lol: :lol: :lol:

slightly off topic, but u wandering minstrels wont mind im sure. we been linked with gullit and scala for vacant managers post over the weekend (scala and a club source have confirmed talks)!!!
im tellin u, we're comin back for maybury, beware!!

youngscot said:
slightly off topic, but u wandering minstrels wont mind im sure. we been linked with gullit and scala for vacant managers post over the weekend (scala and a club source have confirmed talks)!!!

If you want him back you are going to have to pay more than the £2.50 we gave you for him in January what do you think 1 maybe 2 million

youngscot said:

Scala? Who the feck is Scala?

The Voice From Above said:
youngscot said:

Scala? Who the feck is Scala?

Nevio Scala some Italian bloke been around the block a bit has managed Parma, Perugia,Borussia Dortmund,Besiktas,Shakhtar Donetsk and Spartak Moscow they also want George Burley as well

According to the Scottish Press Burton O'Brien is set to begin talks with Celtic on Monday so I would say that's us out the running if it's true.Laursen is set to sign for us for £300,000,again this is according to the Press up here.They also say Douglas has already signed for us :?

i read about douglas but not laursen. good player laursen. i think o'briens out of the window right enough

From the ever-reliable football rumours.com

Leicester City striker David Connolly is poised for a shock return to his first club Watford. A bid of around £350,000 has tempted Leicester to sell their talented but enigmatic player, and he should line up alongside Heidar Helguson at Vicarage Road next season after Watford rejected an increased bid of £1.5m from Sunderland for their star striker.

homer said:
From the ever-reliable football rumours.com

Leicester City striker David Connolly is poised for a shock return to his first club Watford. A bid of around £350,000 has tempted Leicester to sell their talented but enigmatic player, and he should line up alongside Heidar Helguson at Vicarage Road next season after Watford rejected an increased bid of £1.5m from Sunderland for their star striker.

Surely not? Make a loss on a player who started to come good at the end of last year? No, no, no, no, no. That would be silly IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669